OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I hate the noise that comes with bathrooms and kitchen so my own plan is to have all the wet rooms in one end of the house. It sucks to wake up from my gf showering or using the toilet.

I understand that when getting really old it's nice to not have to go for a long walk in the middle of the night though.

I have a lot of bad experience with piping and aggressive water (despite filters) so maybe that adds to my negative image of multiple bath rooms.
You could just insulate interior walls to cut down on noise.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You could install solid wood doors. In new builds it’s recommended that bathrooms have Rockswool interior walls (and definitely for exterior walls) to cut down on sound.
We remodeled our bathroom and I asked them to do Rockswool soundproofing on the wall between the bathroom and bedroom.

Still have some noise through the door, but I'm really happy with the wall soundproofing.

Reactions: yahhockey

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
We remodeled our bathroom and I asked them to do Rockswool soundproofing on the wall between the bathroom and bedroom.

Still have some noise through the door, but I'm really happy with the wall soundproofing.

I hate Rockswool, because there’s no forgiveness to it. But it does work as soundproofing, because it’s way more dense than your regular insulation.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
1000000105.jpg
Only in Florida. Lol

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I have a friend who works in emergency planning and per him it hasn’t really gone awaway.
For sure. It's always going to be around, but its prevalence seemsto be higher than usual. Atleast, that's what it appears to be now that my hospital is putting masking rules back in place. Still not in the same stratosphereas winter 2020/2021.
Can confirm this occurs in NY, too. I'll never forget being at a club with my buddy. He walks out of the bathroom, looks at me, and as he gets closer I notice a bit of coke on the tip of his nose. Part of me thought I shouldn't say a damn thing, but I busted out laughing.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So my building superintendent is trying to be a heavy lately and trying to tell me what to do. Basically I can’t be outside during the summer, aside from coming or going from the building. So today I bought a picnic table to use. He sent me a message saying he’s calling the police on me because of it. Using the justification of “loitering”. I told him to go ahead and do that, and they won’t do anything.

So he called. They showed. So I decided I’d f*** with them. I dared them to charge me with something to justify them being here. Am I drunk in public? No, I’m on private property. Am I vandalizing anything? No, because the table is something i physically own and sitting at it isn’t vandalism. Am I trespassing? No, because it’s the property of the building I live in.

Eventually they clued in that there was no reason for them to be there. But now I’m waiting for them to show up at my apartment to as a secondary justification, and it’ll still be a failure.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
So my building superintendent is trying to be a heavy lately and trying to tell me what to do. Basically I can’t be outside during the summer, aside from coming or going from the building. So today I bought a picnic table to use. He sent me a message saying he’s calling the police on me because of it. Using the justification of “loitering”. I told him to go ahead and do that, and they won’t do anything.

So he called. They showed. So I decided I’d f*** with them. I dared them to charge me with something to justify them being here. Am I drunk in public? No, I’m on private property. Am I vandalizing anything? No, because the table is something i physically own and sitting at it isn’t vandalism. Am I trespassing? No, because it’s the property of the building I live in.

Eventually they clued in that there was no reason for them to be there. But now I’m waiting for them to show up at my apartment to as a secondary justification, and it’ll still be a failure.
you can't be outside in the summer? WTF is that? what kind of whack place is that?

Reactions: Jim Bob

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
you can't be outside in the summer? WTF is that? what kind of whack place is that?

It’s someone that’s pissed because nearly everyone in the building dislikes him, and refuse to let him into their apartment for renovations. And these people also hang out outside with me, so he thinks I’m trying to take his job.

Meanwhile, he wants the owner to fire him, because he doesn’t wanna be the superintendent anymore.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I definitely need to hire a camera crew to follow me around. Tonight I was outside, just doing my own thing, and next thing I know I’m hanging out with some random black guy that I’ve never seen before, and a girl who just moved into the building next door a month ago.

I’ve met her before, as she occasionally asks me for a cigarette or two. But this is the first time she actively hung out. As for the guy, he just showed up walking by and sat and shot the shit. It was odd af.
“On Patrol Live” with Markus Ketterer
Buffalo is the most foul-mouthed city in New York, yes beating out NYC. I feel like it's probably mostly because watching the Sabres play :laugh:

"More shocking: New York City didn’t even rank in the top 50 most swear-happy cities coming in at 54th. Buffalo, of all dumbass places, landed at No. 23 on that list, making it the most foul-mouthed town in the Empire State."
NFW!!!

Re: bathrooms.
My dad was 1 of 12 kids, 11 of which lived to adulthood so 13 people in a~1000 sq ft house with 1 bathroom

I freely admit it’s convenient to have 40 acres of woods (I don’t own it) behind my yard and neighbors view shielded by my two sheds. Makes yard work and time in my workshop more efficient without having to go inside (usually) to use the facilities.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
456538238_10235396757804983_5721742079896317234_n.jpg

The owner of the place that Nate and his friends are renting at college this year is really anal.

He was mildly upset that Nate got my dad to get him a firepit. So, they had to set it up on the edge of the driveway so there was no chance of damaging the grass.

The landlord also told them that they can't have any guests during the first week of school.

As the parent of one of the occupants, I am not upset that the landlord is that anal. Although, Nate has a Spikeball set coming today and I am sure that could create a bit of drama. He might need to give it to a teammate or his head coach to use it elsewhere.

:laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Good news: Found the bike rack I thought I donated, will be able to put the wife's and I's bikes on the car without getting a new rack

Bad news: Guess I threw out all the rubber straps needed to actually attach bikes to it, have to order those

• Haha
Reactions: yahhockey

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, the senior year of HS drama is off to an early start.

Schedules dropped today and Myles is upset. Apparently they moved Portfolio Art to first period and now all the band and chorus kids need to pick between Portfolio Art or band/chorus.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Looks like those neon signs are available online for about 35 bucks.
Every pos Dive bar should have one. I was dragged to one the other night when my friend came down from out of state. I swear; some the people that those places attract are a different breed. 2 in 5 people who came out of the bathroom that night sounded like they had the sniffles all of a sudden.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So…. My wife and son work at the same place. They have meetings scheduled with all shifts/rotations and my son was actually in the first one this morning. He filled me and my wife in when he got home, since he works 3rd. Where they work is eliminating shifts, which will probably impact my wife and force her to a worse shift and my son will be forced to change positions which he is far from happy about. They will also be laying off the 25-30 lowest seniority people. Neither of them fall into that but it is still not good. So both of them may be looking for new work sooner rather than later.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So…. My wife and son work at the same place. They have meetings scheduled with all shifts/rotations and my son was actually in the first one this morning. He filled me and my wife in when he got home, since he works 3rd. Where they work is eliminating shifts, which will probably impact my wife and force her to a worse shift and my son will be forced to change positions which he is far from happy about. They will also be laying off the 25-30 lowest seniority people. Neither of them fall into that but it is still not good. So both of them may be looking for new work sooner rather than later.
That sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad