OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
IMG_1471.jpeg

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Happy Birthday @Chainshot there's a ton of people I know with August birthdays. I just survived mine, now I need to manage the new one every other day as they come out to celebrate.

I had the birthday, grand opening of bar #8, and the celebrations that went with it. The girls made me a money necklace and were stapling 20 and 50 baht notes to it, whilst some of my crazier friends came up with the ass squeezes while stapling 100 or 1000 notes on it. A packed new bar, 187 working girls, a full money necklace and face covered in lipstick, plus a rambling diatribe in Korean while shooting soju with Korean youtubers made for an interesting night
My girlfriend and I are planning to do Jeju Island for our eventual honeymoon (popping the question in a few months). Jeju Island sounded nice and different also she’s ethnically Korean and speaks fluently.

But we may have to take a plane to Thailand as a side trip though!

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
My girlfriend and I are planning to do Jeju Island for our eventual honeymoon (popping the question in a few months). Jeju Island sounded nice and different also she’s ethnically Korean and speaks fluently.

But we may have to take a plane to Thailand as a side trip though!
Jeju is pretty nice. Went there when I lived in Seoul. As for Thailand, it's a quick flight from Incheon albeit there's a layover in Hong Kong or Singapore. The good thing about that is it gives you options for where to fly into Thailand. Romantic getaway, I'd probably go to Krabi as it won't be so overcrowded like Phuket. Krabi is also the jump off point for places like James Bond island, beautiful clear water for scuba/snorkling

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Speaking of getting old, my littles 1st day of kindergarten is next week.

Pretty sure they are going to send them back pretty quick.

My daughter can already read, write (she needs SOME help here), do math (she even knows the multiplication tables), and is stubborn as a mule. She's also understands that (in a bad way) that just because an adult says something doesn't mean you have to do it. Pretty sure she is going to be the most frustrating kid to teach there.

My son is a lot more compliant (when his medicine for ADHD is working) and also very smart. He is probably going to be more of a 'destroy the room' kind of kid. His obsession with water will probably lead to at least one flooded sink in that school (he needs to make a whirlpool, he tells me).

I'm just hoping it takes them a while to realize that if they get in trouble at school, they get sent home where their tablets are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

My daughter can already read, write (she needs SOME help here), do math (she even knows the multiplication tables), and is stubborn as a mule. She's also understands that (in a bad way) that just because an adult says something doesn't mean you have to do it. Pretty sure she is going to be the most frustrating kid to teach there.

My son is a lot more compliant (when his medicine for ADHD is working) and also very smart. He is probably going to be more of a 'destroy the room' kind of kid. His obsession with water will probably lead to at least one flooded sink in that school (he needs to make a whirlpool, he tells me).

I'm just hoping it takes them a while to realize that if they get in trouble at school, they get sent home where their tablets are.

Ummm... getting sent home, get no tablet. Don't reward shitty behavior.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

My daughter had trouble in kindergarten.
She was loud and energetic.

She was also coming from montessori pre-school, and their self-motivated approach matched her independent personality. The teacher said my daughter thought she ran the classroom. The teacher loved her and let her be a helper and mother hen to the younger kids.

Didn't translate easily to kindergarten.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island

Educate yourself as best you can in fluid dynamics, create many vortices with children, propagate memories.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

heh, I'm a couple years ahead of you with one just like this (well two, but this is the younger to a 't') and just have to say... good luck, brother.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

That sounds…. Fun :scared:But it’s also great that they are where they are with learning.
Meanwhile, I’m in the 10 going in 17 phase with my daughter. The sass is strong with this one. :help:

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
She's also understands that (in a bad way) that just because an adult says something doesn't mean you have to do it. Pretty sure she is going to be the most frustrating kid to teach there.
Combine your two kids and you get my son. ADHD combined with arguing about everything he can because he doesn't have to listen to anyone. Its a real challenge. He's 10.

Two nights ago we had a bad evening. He had a meltdown because it was family movie night and he didn't get one because his big sister was out. So we played some games of Mario Kart as a family. Then it was bedtime. He spent the next 45 minutes doing everything but, actively defying us and looking for any reason not to do abything related to bed. My wife finally convinced him to go downstairs to brush his teeth but as he got up she finished her sentence "with daddy" and then he was like "I'm not going with him" (because if I went, he'd actually have to do what he was asked to do and not go play in his room) and tried to walk past me back to the couch. For the first time in months I did what I hate doing. I physically walked him down to the bathroom, pulling hands off doorframe and furniture along the wag and being screamed at the whole time I was hurting him. To be clear, I wasn't hurting him, apart from maybe when he tried to throw himself on the ground and I mightve tripped on his foot. He then worked his way through abusing me with every horrible word he knows and proceeded to lament that everyone in the house hates him and we are all so mean to him all the time, nobody loves him. This was the third night in a row of this and the first where I lost patience and manhandled him to what needed to happen. I feel like absolute shit afterwards because when it gets to that. I feel I've failed.

Kids are fun.

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Combine your two kids and you get my son. ADHD combined with arguing about everything he can because he doesn't have to listen to anyone. Its a real challenge. He's 10.

Two nights ago we had a bad evening. He had a meltdown because it was family movie night and he didn't get one because his big sister was out. So we played some games of Mario Kart as a family. Then it was bedtime. He spent the next 45 minutes doing everything but, actively defying us and looking for any reason not to do abything related to bed. My wife finally convinced him to go downstairs to brush his teeth but as he got up she finished her sentence "with daddy" and then he was like "I'm not going with him" (because if I went, he'd actually have to do what he was asked to do and not go play in his room) and tried to walk past me back to the couch. For the first time in months I did what I hate doing. I physically walked him down to the bathroom, pulling hands off doorframe and furniture along the wag and being screamed at the whole time I was hurting him. To be clear, I wasn't hurting him, apart from maybe when he tried to throw himself on the ground and I mightve tripped on his foot. He then worked his way through abusing me with every horrible word he knows and proceeded to lament that everyone in the house hates him and we are all so mean to him all the time, nobody loves him. This was the third night in a row of this and the first where I lost patience and manhandled him to what needed to happen. I feel like absolute shit afterwards because when it gets to that. I feel I've failed.

Kids are fun.

They are both going to be a huge handful when they are older. My son especially. He's probably going to be 6'4'' 6'5'' (Wife has tall people in her family and he's been consistently in the 99th percentile height wise). He has much worse blowups that my daughter, especially when his medicines send him in a tizzy. I'm just hoping he'll have enough coping mechanisms to get by that tough part of life by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad