OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
You tried melatonin?
Melatonin is to help you fall asleep at the start of the night, doesn’t help keep you asleep or fall back asleep if you wake up.
Eh, I've found it has diminishing returns. Even from the outset, my experience of it was that there was a 20-minute window when I would be sleepier but then after that, I was WIDE AWAKE. :laugh:

Hope it turns out to be a simple remedy @Mike McDermott
Yeah when I’ve tried it in the past I just feel super groggy the next day, even more than just normal sleep issues.

We have a plan in place, see how it does and she has a backup plan if plan A doesn’t work.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Smallest to sleep 8 plus hours for non droog tolerant healthy individuals ( 40 to 65 ) but safe ( at your own risk but would give to anyone i knew and cared for without diagnosis or valium allegies etc). is one quarter flexeril w one quarter to one third xanax or half 5 mg valium. Very little hangover like crap melatonin as all the ones that work. Placydyl and barbits short acting were abused and are mostly gone.

Can get thru any stress and heal physically and mentally w assured sleep. Obviously adjusting amounts based on chemical tolerance and experience. And repeat without. moving up dosages for three days

Half xan alone only guarantees 4 hours but may easily get back to sleep w an oat bar or something

No I'm not a doctor but know more than most md thru experience and similar synergies

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
If anyone didn't know Jessica Pegula just started a match against Amanda Anisimova in the Finals of The Canadian Open...Jessica is rare company with how well she's played up there.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Smallest to sleep 8 plus hours for non droog tolerant healthy individuals ( 40 to 65 ) but safe ( at your own risk but would give to anyone i knew and cared for without diagnosis or valium allegies etc). is one quarter flexeril w one quarter to one third xanax or half 5 mg valium. Very little hangover like crap melatonin as all the ones that work. Placydyl and barbits short acting were abused and are mostly gone.

Can get thru any stress and heal physically and mentally w assured sleep. Obviously adjusting amounts based on chemical tolerance and experience. And repeat without. moving up dosages for three days

Half xan alone only guarantees 4 hours but may easily get back to sleep w an oat bar or something

No I'm not a doctor but know more than most md thru experience and similar synergies
Telling people to take Benzos to sleep is nutty.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Telling people to take Benzos to sleep is nutty.
Making a habit of anything is incorrect but , nothing on the market , nothing , has less side affects when you absolutely need 8 , 9 hours of sleep than what i very specifically wrote w years of trial and error

Benzos are absolutely one of the most addictive chemicals to come off of . It takes weeks ( i you use constantly for over a month or two ( a week to regain natural sleep cycle and weeks if you take to sleep for a year.

In a one off, bereavement. w whats left on the market taking this for a day or two is much overblown w worry. Id take and recommend this combo IF you have taken both before and absolutely DO NOT DRINK and take an hour before desired sleep period w small food, yogurt etc. I would give to anyone i know. ( this isn't some suable ad on our prisoner tv box )

It is Not recommended and No dr will prescribe but many have experience and many have these common prescriptions .

Anyone who takes advice on a board as permission instead of a suggestion to look it up only , practicing discernment, and decide w complete due diligence IS a NUT , i will concur w that , absolutely.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Melatonin is to help you fall asleep at the start of the night, doesn’t help keep you asleep or fall back asleep if you wake up.

Yeah when I’ve tried it in the past I just feel super groggy the next day, even more than just normal sleep issues.

We have a plan in place, see how it does and she has a backup plan if plan A doesn’t work.
I dont get groggy from melatonin, dramamine like Zzzquil would leave me super groggy even after like 10 hours of sleep.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Dropped my daughter off at Liberty today. First practice was this evening. She’s nervous and overwhelmed but is doing ok.

Campus is beautiful and everyone is nice. However, she’s getting the rookie treatment already: setting up drills and picking up pucks. But her teammates seem nice and supportive so far.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Really hope the doctor can figure out sleep has been so hard to come by and subsequently feeling very fatigued and having problems focusing. Me and sleep have always had our struggles but lately I sleep for 3 to a max of 4 hours and then I’m wide awake and can’t sleep the rest of the night until I fall asleep 30 minutes before my alarm if at all.
In my experience magnesium, specifically magnesium glycinate, has been incredibly effective. Natural Vitality CALM Sleep powder is a near nightly routine for me 30 minutes before bed. It has a touch of melatonin to help knock you out, but I'm getting my most restful sleep ever via the magnesium I believe. And there's plenty of research supporting its emergence as a sleep aid (and we're all devoid of essential salts in general).

Now I also have a pitch black room/eye shade and experiment with mouth taping, but those are more advanced steps lol.

Good luck!

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Josh Our responsible community director. Husband of julie McCoy buffalo cruise director says he's sacrificed himself to the pit , for our benefits, sleep included.

Secretly i think he want pinto ron , elvis if he's still kicking to help the fools on doses coke and orher sustances that , rescue blue tanks and folding tables and chairs are waiting for throwing themselves in for the team and the win . Rescue balloon under the sea , always free tailgate . An evolving tradition of love and community.

That also, greatly gave me real sleep.

Apologies as i just watch an interview w mr josh allen /long and wanted to add more spice to warm milk.

Joking aside, the magnesium suggestion is intriguing . Oat bars , banana nut bread have always helped me sleep and that post above suggests why. Interesting.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Really hope the doctor can figure out sleep has been so hard to come by and subsequently feeling very fatigued and having problems focusing. Me and sleep have always had our struggles but lately I sleep for 3 to a max of 4 hours and then I’m wide awake and can’t sleep the rest of the night until I fall asleep 30 minutes before my alarm if at all.

Micro dose on psylocilibin. It’s now legal in Canada and it works. Unfortunately your country still has weird reasons as to why it can’t happen. But micro dosing is a great sleep aid.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

There are plenty of cannabis gummies that will knock you out (assuming you don't need a drug test at work) (and you live in a state that it's legal).

I wake up with a slight headache but its effective at getting me out and keeping me out for 6-8 hours.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Zzquil is quite effective under 40 w non consequential use. And safer but still know many myquil addicts. Switching and one offs are key to all strong meds
ZQuil is very effective as long as you dont use it regularly. If I have a couple poor nights sleep, I will take a half dose of zQuil about 30 min before i want to go to sleep and it usually keeps me asleep all night without leaving me groggy the next morning.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
There are plenty of cannabis gummies that will knock you out (assuming you don't need a drug test at work) (and you live in a state that it's legal).

I wake up with a slight headache but its effective at getting me out and keeping me out for 6-8 hours.
CBD is pretty damn effective in addition to magnesium. Should be clear on the work drug test (and f*** listening to any state that thinks it can tell you not to take a plant to help you sleep.)

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
My son has ADHD and he gets prescribed Chlonidine Hydrochloride. It helps to stop his brain running a million miles an hour at bedtime. It's done wonders for his ability to go to sleep.

I wish I could use metric and say a million kilometers an hour, but it sounds shitter and takes longer to say 😄

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Happy Birthday, Chainshot. Hope the day was a good one for you.
Happy Birthday @Chainshot there's a ton of people I know with August birthdays. I just survived mine, now I need to manage the new one every other day as they come out to celebrate.

I had the birthday, grand opening of bar #8, and the celebrations that went with it. The girls made me a money necklace and were stapling 20 and 50 baht notes to it, whilst some of my crazier friends came up with the ass squeezes while stapling 100 or 1000 notes on it. A packed new bar, 187 working girls, a full money necklace and face covered in lipstick, plus a rambling diatribe in Korean while shooting soju with Korean youtubers made for an interesting night

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Hey Mike sorry to hear about your sleep struggles. As someone who’s battled with insomnia episodes for years I feel your frustration.

Here’s some basic strategies I use:

1) manage your life stress. Easier said than done, but when life becomes overwhelming that stress triggers a parade of thoughts in the middle of the night that makes falling back asleep extremely difficult.

2) good sleep hygiene, including no screens at least an hour before bed, a darkened room (no lights of any sort), and a cool environment. Also get to bed a little sooner than you’re accustomed too. So when you fall back asleep, you get another 1-2 hours in before alarm goes off.

3) physical exertion. Not sure about your work hours but incorporating a strenuous workout into your daily routine, coupled with plenty of cardio (walking, running, biking, HIIT work) lends itself to better sleep quality over a longer duration.

4). Sleep aids. Some are tricky, like melatonin which is a hormone and should be dosed in low quantities. Personally I favor the use of CBD gummies which relaxes my body without any psychoactive properties. f*** ambien. Avoid trazedone if at all possible.

5) drugs and alcohol. Forget’em. Horrible for sleep. Especially weed, which blocks quality REM sleep for occurring. Alcohol interrupts sleep over the course of the night. Straight trash for sleep.

6) when you wake up after 4 hours, don’t fight it. Don’t stress about falling back asleep. Get up and start to read a book if you must get up, but definitely no screens. I find the use of CBD before bed to provide a relaxing benefit that takes the edge off being awake in the middle of the night. If you can, just relax and stay in bed with eyes closed. Your body is still deriving rest and recovery.

7) never look at the time. Ever.

Good luck bro.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Thanks. Low key so far, about to go to dinner with the kids and R. Hopefully it doesn't suck but I'm already feeling guilty that the place I picked is too expensive.

Oi! Happy birthday! And it's worth the price if the experience is positive and memorable. Go enjoy it, dude!

Reactions: oldgoalie

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
@Chainshot Happy Birthday! Here is your birthday giraffe:
FB_IMG_1671619892278.jpg

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
ZQuil is very effective as long as you dont use it regularly. If I have a couple poor nights sleep, I will take a half dose of zQuil about 30 min before i want to go to sleep and it usually keeps me asleep all night without leaving me groggy the next morning.
Yes. Key is intermittent use. Same as narcotics and switching and you'll have no issues w some discipline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad