OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can survive knowing this is a 4 day workweek, next week is a 5 day workweek, and then I have a 3 day workweek because my wife and I both took the 19th and 20th off with her birthday on the 19th.

I have a Friday in October scheduled off and I still have 13 vacation days to schedule plus a "recharge day", along with 4 more holiday days off (Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas).

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Dropped Myles off for his first day of his senior year of high school. I knew better than to ask for a picture. I just hope he has a good day and a good senior year.

Mine is Thursday. I dug out my old NIN shirt and gave it to them to wear. It's what I wore on the first day if my senior year.
Ha .... All 3 of us have seniors this year

My daughter starts Thursday also

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Update: the first day went OK. He went and talked to his counselor and got his schedule reworked so that he could take portfolio art which meant he had to move from concert chorus (usually for sophomores through seniors) to mixed chorus (mostly freshmen and people who can't take concert chorus in first period) for the first half of the year. He was OK with that trade off.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
as of now college (Gannon) for speech therapy and competitive cheerleading

and yours ?

Trumpet performance. Couple of choices, depending on auditions and financial aid packages. They got a big scholarship from a school in Florida but they want to stay in state.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Well, it's September, and I've awakened from my HF slumber . . . so this was my summer:

The highlight was the trip out west for my cousin's wedding. We visited St. Louis, Denver, Gillette, Miles City, Rapid City, Grand Forks, Minneapolis/St. Paul . . . all in the span of a week and a half. Pleasantly surprised to find a Buc-ee's. Got to tour the NoDak hockey facility thanks to a good friend. Experienced the wonder that is the Mall of America. Saw some former hockey buddies that will both tend goal in the AHL this year (COL & LV).

Exactly 5,000 miles on my car from leaving my parking spot in Cheektovegas to pulling back into the same parking spot.

Fast forward to now: I'm three days from my first hockey game of the season & I'm ready to get to work.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So @BUCKSHOT and @Jim Bob , what are your seniors looking at for post HS?
My guess is that he heads to MCC as he tries to figure things out.

For a while, he has wanted to be a math or art teacher and was leaning towards math. But, now his mom is applying pressure for him to follow her path and working in a medical diagnostic lab for a career.

We shall see how things shake out.

I think he was open to looking at SUNY Brockport when he wanted to be a teacher, as well.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Which Florida school?

Stetson

How do you remember that?

My mom took a picture of me waiting for the bus. She called my name and I turned, saw her with the camera, and I put my hand up to say "don't take my picture." I also had my Sony Discman and ear buds. Was probably listening to either Fear Factory's "Obsolete" or NIN "The Fragile" disc 1. Both were common for me for morning music.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Ahh, don't know anyone there so can't comment.

My mom took a picture of me waiting for the bus. She called my name and I turned, saw her with the camera, and I put my hand up to say "don't take my picture." I also had my Sony Discman and ear buds. Was probably listening to either Fear Factory's "Obsolete" or NIN "The Fragile" disc 1. Both were common for me for morning music.

I feel really old. I mean, older than usual.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't worry; I am feeling them too

For comparison, the last time I saw NIN in concert, I bought the girl I had just started dating a t-shirt at the show because she couldn't make it. It was a last minute decision to drive down to Cleveland for one of the homecoming concert nights. Considering I wound up married to her five years later and then was hitched for 20 years and I've been divorced for five more... it's been a minute.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
For comparison, the last time I saw NIN in concert, I bought the girl I had just started dating a t-shirt at the show because she couldn't make it. It was a last minute decision to drive down to Cleveland for one of the homecoming concert nights. Considering I wound up married to her five years later and then was hitched for 20 years and I've been divorced for five more... it's been a minute.

Dude I can't believe it's been 5 years since your divorce. You win, you win.

The first time I saw NIN was the first time I touched a boob...though it was an accident. She was short and I blindly tried to tap her on the shoulder because some dumbass lit his hand on fire during The Great Below because "art" or whatever.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The first time I saw NIN was the first time I touched a boob...though it was an accident. She was short and I blindly tried to tap her on the shoulder because some dumbass lit his hand on fire during The Great Below because "art" or whatever.

Speaking of boobs and breakups... my companion on that trip had known Vrenna in college... and had slept with his GF and broke them up kinda by accident (not the sleeping together thing, he thought they were no longer together). We did not get near the stage out of fear of him being still mad. :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Great choices of CD.

I was looking through an old photo album of a trip when I spent three weeks on a catamaran in tropical Queensland as a teenager. Very few photos of me in there and then there's one where my mum wrote on the back "just like his dad, he never wants to be in photos so I took this when he couldn't argue otherwise"

• Haha
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
My wife is having daily heart attacks from my daughter being gone.
I chose not to have children but dating yr again and reminding her yr not predictable and ignoring no or negative and being vile, just for her and only her , bein bad and not missing yr daughter a day or two a week w the comolete full attention she once had from you.... without announcing it take netter cate of yourself one day at a time , every day with.a determined will , won't go unnoticed , if you ignore if she has noticed as . With. It eat better food once s day.

My latest i take a goid ornanic poppyseed dressing make a secondary infused white basic heinz vinegar ( also cleans lymphatic). Add good honey.to whole small bottle 1 to 5 or four vinegar to honey ratio. Chopped bery finely parsleys. Tegialand italian. One to five / four ratio , some red bell pepper. ( half or quarter very finely chopper . One eight to one quarter of a snall red onion. Even more finely choppec Compine all. And let sit w vinegar for. a couple days.
When done combine two big tablespoons of poppy seed ( i use oaks farms vidalia onion poppy seed dresimg made by Seed to Table , naples fl ) W ten ? Tablspoon three days later of yr imfused parsley honey vinegar. In pop culture alot places made great coleslaw but it's mainly mayo which has gotten even worse for you to eat, more than couple times
A. Month. I had to make a way friggin better tasting cole slaw dressing to eat w whatever which cleams a rejuvenates the bowels to regularly and a quarter of our recipe to regain our hogh school skin weight without fluctuations and LOVE taste Fook Dieting. Eat alpt and joyfully.

Anyway If you combine both above two dressings to taste your favorite cole slaw ever. Lots a bufffish fry place to copy. For salad. Chopped thinly. Like angel
Hair pasta but thinner to avoid blanching as im lazy. A third of that chopped same way purple cabbage. Small tiny intact raw broccoli tops smallest but still floretts. Arugula brimen up by hamd , and or whatever you like. Great ceasar like some grey poopin dijon original.

Has great highend flavor w awesome cole slaw taste and u cam eat every day w fried fish , grassfed burgers . Chicken. Fingerz pam. Or blackened shrimp or grouper on a baguette Or your own falafels w a tahini spicy youghurt sauce.

Anyway the other healing meal if yr watching sportz but giving her full attention W of couse whatever droogs or weed or shotts teqila to make u wanna mow down like yiu both were hangin before your daughter flew the coop. Beets alcohol coolers they make a vodka craberry drink in bottke etc. offer. But don't pusj outside or whatever you normally do. Tru do something u know she likes but you never do anymore.

Id suggest a small ambulance size nitrous tank w some shrooms , wait to break out tank till yr both a little un easy and combine w some horse and cat and you'll both guaranteed be happy and totally loving amd onboards w your daughters absence and professionally be there w emotional support or timely casn but hive yr daughtef the space she needs to become herself. Ive seen from hanging on orher side is f things the more space but paying attention those around her will lightly include you both and yr wife chills and worries a tiny less. As those have real empath for you but its rare I imagine if you're needy as most are at first which worries many that turns into obligation as she's consumed by life without judgement as I'm sure you've taught her amazing and i bet if you watched she'd make you proud instead of need to worry as she surrounds herself w honorable people like youselves.

The above and a making madhur jaffrey goan style soicy pork recipe. Online. Find full recipe w cardamoms and fenegreek . Follow instructions exactly but we don't dine on swine or parasited farmed fish , so we use a whole chicken w yelloe potato

Maybe splurge w this night on a château margeaux cab or white ? Pouilly fuisse Never fails youll both eat healthiest stuff for know and my long time gf lights up everytime i cut cabagge each week wnd once a month on the vindaloo she been requesting for 14 years whithout any real interruption Maybe a cauliflower version . Rare , one twenty can actually come close to making it right out at a restaurant.

These got thru and end to a five year championship college coaching run to hang full time w my lame ass. All the things above helped her w all the free time that used to be occupied and all were good segways to her feeling loved and paid full attention to and are there in fridge all week as kind memory of extra effort for my case. Apologies if it overstepped but it's a very difficult emotional time for your wife that can't be overstated and was just offering what helped me have her choose this and that. And have choices and activities outside and unexpected playing jazz unplanned w her favorites surprised at right times. Good luck sounds like you understand her well. And all attention, forethought that's different right?

Reactions: Der Jaeger

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Don't worry; I am feeling them too

Speaking of boobs and breakups... my companion on that trip had known Vrenna in college... and had slept with his GF and broke them up kinda by accident (not the sleeping together thing, he thought they were no longer together). We did not get near the stage out of fear of him being still mad. :laugh:

Boobs!

Speaking of NIN, I went to Lollapalooza is summer of '08

Might have been an all timer lineup:

First Night: Radiohead, Black Keys, Raconteurs (I went to the radiohead stage and missed the black keys/Racontuers), Cat Power
Saturday Night: Explosions in the Sky, Broken Social Scene, Wilco, Rage against the Machine (I went and saw Wilco because that was my band at the time. Regret not going to Rage though)
Sunday: I was so exhausted I didn't go, sold my wristband. But....It was NIN on one stage, (Pre Crazy ass) Kayne and Gnarls Barkley on another, and the National on another stage. Wish I would have went to Sunday because that would have been fun.

Probably just me getting old as shit, but everytime I see the Lolla lineup now its just a bunch of 'who?'

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Boobs!

Speaking of NIN, I went to Lollapalooza is summer of '08

Might have been an all timer lineup:

First Night: Radiohead, Black Keys, Raconteurs (I went to the radiohead stage and missed the black keys/Racontuers), Cat Power
Saturday Night: Explosions in the Sky, Broken Social Scene, Wilco, Rage against the Machine (I went and saw Wilco because that was my band at the time. Regret not going to Rage though)
Sunday: I was so exhausted I didn't go, sold my wristband. But....It was NIN on one stage, (Pre Crazy ass) Kayne and Gnarls Barkley on another, and the National on another stage. Wish I would have went to Sunday because that would have been fun.

Probably just me getting old as shit, but everytime I see the Lolla lineup now its just a bunch of 'who?'
Lollapalooza 1993 was my first rock concert I went to.

The opening band on the main stage for that part of the tour was Rage Against The Machine.

Not a bad way to start my concert-going life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad