OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Well, good news, our neighbors just sold their property for 80k over asking with 1 open house.

They had just put in a pool last year (and per my nosy-ass looking through public records, they took out a 2nd mortgage to do it). I just found out that they stayed in town and moved into a less expensive house. Guess their brand new custom built house and pool was a little too much for them to handle, dollar wise.

We didn't have a great relationship with them (the yelled at me because my dog had the audacity to pee on a patch of grass next to the sidewalk) so they won't be missed.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Well it seems like cancer is going around. Gus went back to Australia a few weeks ago for shoulder surgery, and they found cancer. So it was removed but now is on meds and travel hold for at least 6 months to ensure a clean bill of health. A British friend Jerry just had his gall bladder, appendix and other bits and bobs chopped out. Then yesterday a buddy from Oklahoma living in the Philippines had his hand removed. All I can say is get screened as that's a nasty disease, much better caught early.

Gus being gone is why I haven't posted much, running 8 bars with 190 girls has been wearing me out. Fortunately have a new General manager starting soon to take some of the workload

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Well it seems like cancer is going around. Gus went back to Australia a few weeks ago for shoulder surgery, and they found cancer. So it was removed but now is on meds and travel hold for at least 6 months to ensure a clean bill of health. A British friend Jerry just had his gall bladder, appendix and other bits and bobs chopped out. Then yesterday a buddy from Oklahoma living in the Philippines had his hand removed. All I can say is get screened as that's a nasty disease, much better caught early.

Gus being gone is why I haven't posted much, running 8 bars with 190 girls has been wearing me out. Fortunately have a new General manager starting soon to take some of the workload
Sorry for the crummy news about your friends. Shitty disease, to be sure. I’ve lost a lot of relatives, including my dad, to it. (His lifestyle and where he worked certainly contributed to it), but it sucks.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Buffalo is the most foul-mouthed city in New York, yes beating out NYC. I feel like it's probably mostly because watching the Sabres play :laugh:

"More shocking: New York City didn’t even rank in the top 50 most swear-happy cities coming in at 54th. Buffalo, of all dumbass places, landed at No. 23 on that list, making it the most foul-mouthed town in the Empire State."
Maybe that's why i feel an affinity with all you good :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Cancer sucks.

I have a couple of skin things that need to get chopped off just don't have the insurance here to do it yet. Soon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That sucks hopefully something else quickly comes along

Thanks. I have rarely felt this level of hopelessness.

And at the same point in time, my younger spawn called me with a problem she was having this morning and we talked through it so she is now in all of the classes that she wants and has a job on campus and she’s coming home next weekend for a couple days. The dad stuff I feel like I’m good at that to keep me working on getting the other stuff right.

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
There is so much stupidity and selfishness on the roads daily it's ridiculous and I am assuming the majority of them are acting in that manner while sober which is even more frustrating. People need to leave earlier instead of rushing everywhere they go like their lives depend on it. Every X number of years people should have to pass a driving test so they are reminded about the small things like using turn signals, checking blindspots, that yellow light means stop if it's safe to do so not mash the gas pedal so you enter the intersection a millisecond before the light turns red, keeping safe distances from the vehicle ahead, etc, etc. I was late obtaining my license and have only been driving for eight years but have recently become increasingly frustrated with my fellow motorists. Oh, and don't f***ing drive under the influence. Plan ahead so you hitch a ride with a friend, take an uber/taxi/public transit/walk, leave your vehicle at the bar/restaurant/friend's house, crash on a couch, whatever you need to do so that you don't cause a tragedy like the one that occurred last night. Be better world. Please be better.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
The Gaudreau thing actually shatters me and I wasn't even the biggest fan of his as a player. Not that that matters, anyway.

This whole thing is so senseless and cruel and so preventable. It just breaks my heart. Especially when you think his little children will have to grow up without a father now.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The Gaudreau thing actually shatters me and I wasn't even the biggest fan of his as a player. Not that that matters, anyway.

This whole thing is so senseless and cruel and so preventable. It just breaks my heart. Especially when you think his little children will have to grow up without a father now.

Matthew’s too. His wife is pregnant. 3 babies who have to grow up without their dads. It’s beyond tragic.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Best of luck to your lady friend. I agree with Sam - time to leave that state, dude.

Having checked in with friends around the world, this feeling is frighteningly common. I'm at that point as well. Have to fire another guy at work soon. Gave him the lowest level task imaginable and he bombed. Badly. Repeatedly. So we'll be going into the school year at half staffing. AGAIN. While more and more stuff gets dumped on my plate. Had my first work-related therapy session last week and broke down in tears before the end. The stress is insane.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I'm shook as all get-out with the Gaudreau tragedy.

Simply put: if you choose to drive impaired, you a b**** and will never have my respect again. People are already careless and reckless on our roadways - and it gets worse each day - if you make the choice to add impairment to that, f*** all the way off.

EDIT: AND I'm going to Columbus next week to work a junior hockey home opener weekend. Gonna be a lot of emotion, for sure.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm shook as all get-out with the Gaudreau tragedy.

Simply put: if you choose to drive impaired, you a b**** and will never have my respect again. People are already careless and reckless on our roadways - and it gets worse each day - if you make the choice to add impairment to that, f*** all the way off.

EDIT: AND I'm going to Columbus next week to work a junior hockey home opener weekend. Gonna be a lot of emotion, for sure.
I keep thinking of legendary WFAN late night host Tony Paige who ended every show with "No drinking, no driving". One of the last decent people in the genre of sports talk who treated callers with respect and wasn't a crude and obnoxious fool like almost everyone else (when he called it a day I stopped listening to FAN).

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Passed this place on 3rd Avenue and 29th St:
20240831_225801.jpg

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I keep thinking of legendary WFAN late night host Tony Paige who ended every show with "No drinking, no driving". One of the last decent people in the genre of sports talk who treated callers with respect and wasn't a crude and obnoxious fool like almost everyone else (when he called it a day I stopped listening to FAN).

My closing at every game includes "Do not drink - or text - and drive." That won't ever change.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.
I just wrapped up 13 straight days and finally have a day off tomorrow before back on for another 13. Luckily my wife is understanding and appreciative of my work ethic but I have to imagine that will eventually run out. I have to work the morning before my daughters first birthday party....short staffing/shitty staffing sucks. Everyday I wish I could clone myself and work with just a group of mes lol. Good lcuk....

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

And at the same point in time, my younger spawn called me with a problem she was having this morning and we talked through it so she is now in all of the classes that she wants and has a job on campus and she’s coming home next weekend for a couple days. The dad stuff I feel like I’m good at that to keep me working on getting the other stuff right.
Family is all that matters. When I feel lost I look at my kid and everything centers. I pray your wife gets a new gig soon bud. Remember to focus on the more important things and dont let the whirlwind sweep you away. Cheers.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad