Maple Leafs announce Oreo as new helmet sponsor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
East Aurora, NY
It's amazing how embarrassing all of this is. Like I just think back ten years how much jersey and helmet ads would reek of a desperate sports league trying to stay solvent, like they've so lost control of their finances that they have to beg corporations and rent out space on their jerseys.

I know that's not the case, but that's how it always comes across to me. The league can't stay afloat without the help of Oreos. Can't make money with their own stuff, they have to beg a crumbly cookie and some milk to help them out. Please Oreos, give us money, we can't fund our league on our own, please lend your name to our product. Please milk, help a poor struggling sports league out.

Again I know this is all about corporate greed, but I'll never not think that this league just cannot figure out their money situation and needs cookies to rescue them. Forever embarrassing.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean there are so many people here that claim to hate the Leafs and all the attention the Leafs get and then can't stop obsessing over irrelevant news like this. This thread was started by a Habs fan lol.

First thing I thought. Make a thread about anything positive and either people are saying it is not thread worthy or complaining about Leaf content. But anything at all that can be twisted even slightly negative (like a cookie sponsor) will go for 10 pages until it gets locked from all the arguing.

I think a lot of these folks are closet Leaf fans

Reactions: Rob Brown

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Jjz51Gz.jpeg

Nothing say Honour, Pride, Courage like milk and cookies ......... :sarcasm:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Milk & Oreos were a fave combo of mine as a kid so I can't hate

Better than the Oilers with a gambling company and Skip the dishes

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's amazing how embarrassing all of this is. Like I just think back ten years how much jersey and helmet ads would reek of a desperate sports league trying to stay solvent, like they've so lost control of their finances that they have to beg corporations and rent out space on their jerseys.

I know that's not the case, but that's how it always comes across to me. The league can't stay afloat without the help of Oreos. Can't make money with their own stuff, they have to beg a crumbly cookie and some milk to help them out. Please Oreos, give us money, we can't fund our league on our own, please lend your name to our product. Please milk, help a poor struggling sports league out.

Again I know this is all about corporate greed, but I'll never not think that this league just cannot figure out their money situation and needs cookies to rescue them. Forever embarrassing.
Does it come across that way with the biggest sports in the world, though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad