Maple Leafs announce Oreo as new helmet sponsor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So if Toronto gets upset about a call, the obvious reply is “that’s the way the cookie crumbles!”
yeah-csi-miami.gif

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I know that they have to do it, as another party just paid them to display their logo, but teams trying to act like a sponsorship on a jersey or helmet or whatever is a big deal will never not be cringey.

I swear, if I win the powerball, I'm going to drop a million or two bucks on the Blackhawks and just have my name on their helmet or something. Or heck, if I were Roger Goodell I'd offer the NHL a few dozen million and make the NFL the official jersey sponsor of the NHL. You know there's a price where that flex would be financially attractive for the NHL while being a rounding error for the NFL.

Its not about money, its about power and control.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I really do wonder what the research shows on positive vs negative brand association with these sort of ugly eyesores on uniforms/helmets.

Obviously something in Mr Christie's Analytics Machine is telling them that this is good promotion and brand awareness. But it's not like Oreos are a secret...and i'd guarantee there are people who are going to turned off the cookie because it's getting blasted at them so aggressively. I guess the latter is just a lot smaller than the number of people who...weren't aware of, or thinking about Oreos?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They should make the entire helmet Oreo-colored, with the filling in the middle and everything. People would love it.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Because it's the Leafs and lots of people obsess over the Leafs despite acting like they don't care.

I'm pretty sure the ones obsessing over the Leafs don't act like they don't care lol they're actually more annoying than most. With that many fans comes that many annoying fans lol. They're much better in person I find... especially 1 on 1.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Milk and Oreos baby. I have to say, the Leafs have nailed it with sponsors. Their ads aren't intrusive, fit the colour scheme, and are downright hilarious.

As much as I hate ads on jerseys and helmets, if it has to be done, do it this way.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad