(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am going off the first couple of posts from this thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1929815

The Nucks have 2.8 Million to get Sven signed, but for whatever reason they need to clear cap space to sign hm. Even then, probably just wanting to get paid, won't make 3 mill.

According to his agent, the cap concerns are down the road, not necessarily this upcoming season. I think you are reading a bit too much into it.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Looks like it's fan speculation based on the tweet that the Canucks have to clear cap space to re-sign him. It's not really crazy speculation either.

The Canucks have $4,805,833 with a 19 man roster (need 3 forwards and 1 defenseman) at the moment. Hypothetically say they sign 2 guys @ 600k and play one of Virtanen/Shinkaruk, that removes about 2.1 million from the cap space they have available. Leaving about 2.7 million to sign just Sven.

So it's actually pretty sound reasoning that Sven may be asking for 3+

Aug 3, 2010
So do I but like Sven I don't deserve it

You certainly don't, but I think Baertschi does. I think he deserves more, actually, something like $6.5m AAV over 8 years. He's the best Swiss player to ever play, after all, and I think the Canucks should be honoured as such that he would even want to play for their team and lead them out of the rebuild abyss. Better lock him up long term before he realizes his full potential.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You certainly don't, but I think Baertschi does. I think he deserves more, actually, something like $6.5m AAV over 8 years. He's the best Swiss player to ever play, after all, and I think the Canucks should be honoured as such that he would even want to play for their team and lead them out of the rebuild abyss. Better lock him up long term before he realizes his full potential.

You know, at first I was skeptical, but you've provided sound reasoning here. Jim Benning would be lucky to have you as an assistant.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

giphy.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
|

Sounds like something else is the issue. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Benning to sign Baertschi to a five year, 3m per contract.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
putting them in a table was smart calc! I am going to have to remember that.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Just copied it from the main board. It is easier to read.

Oh, and a pity about Wolf, if the rumor is true. Would have been a useful depth guy.
Woger confirmed Wolf is going back, so it's still really up in the air :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad