(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
I want whatever Holtby and his agent are smoking :laugh:. He's great but there's no way he is worth 8 million

Aug 3, 2010
I want whatever Holtby and his agent are smoking :laugh:. He's great but there's no way he is worth 8 million

It's been said over and over again - the high ask is a standard negotiation tactic.

If he's asking for 8, and the Caps are offering 5.1, that tells me he's looking in the $6.5 million range - which is still a touch high IMO.

I have him pegged as a 5.5m guy. Definitely not any better than Schneider at 6m

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
No I understand what hes doing and the negotiation process I just didn't think he'd start that high

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Holtby wants to get payed.

I'm guessing Holtby had Fleury's ridiculous contract in mind a little too much when he was thinking of his worth.

I would rather have a guy who'll have an ES Sv% of 92.6% at 4M$ than pay 8M$ for 93.0 ES Sv%. Could make an upgrade at the second pair with 4M$ to even prevent more than 0.5% shots. To be fair, negotiation proccess and all that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Update on NHL expansion application process

"Our purpose, in initiating the expansion process in the manner we did, was not only to explore the possibility of admitting new members to the NHL but also, at the outset, to set realistic guideposts to distinguish between bona fide expressions of interest (i.e., those which have at least substantial ownership capabilities and an arena or the realistic possibility of an arena) from those indications of potential interest which were, at best, merely hopes or aspirations. Apparently, only Mr. Foley and Quebecor have the confidence in their ability to secure an arena and suitable ownership capability to move forward with this process.

The NHL comes off sounding petty as **** here. Not a good look, guys.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Apparetly there is a $10m application fee, along with the $2m nonrefundable. They also expect 500 Million for expansion(might be apart of the 500 M) No surprise out of 16 applications, only 2 of them sent back.

Right, well with those kind of expectations, there isn't really any need for the sort of smug attitude that comes across in that press release.

"merely hopes or aspirations"

"Apparently, only Mr. Foley and Quebecor have the confidence in their ability..."

Sassy.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Right, well with those kind of expectations, there isn't really any need for the sort of smug attitude that comes across in that press release.

"Apparently, only Mr. Foley and Quebecor have the confidence in their ability..."

Sassy.

I agree. Two week window isn't a lot of time either.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Nothing against having another team back here in itself. But I despise Quebecor. I really do. Please don't have a team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Sassy.

NHL sure makes themselves look awful with a statement like this.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
In my attempt to read between the lines, is that they did receive interest from other markets, but those markets had significant obstacles to overcome (like, the lack of a viable arena in Seattle). I don't think this closes the door on future expansion though.

Problem is Gary Bettman often comes across as a condescending ***** in these kinds of situations. No different than any "announcement" he made regarding status updates during the lockout IMO.

That said, there are two followup application stages - although I think if there's adequate money and a viable arena, I don't know what else would really matter. Should be all but certain that we will see teams in Vegas & Quebec in 2017/18.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seems to me that Seattle needs to a) put a shovel in the ground and b) wait patiently for a Southeast team to fold.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Seattle could play on a pond and I'd still welcome them into the NHL before Las Vegas

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey Gary,

zyaipd.jpg

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'll ask his cousin/my old roommate.

He's gotta make that bank so his family can start a monopoly in his hometown ;) (my hometown). His family has popped up a couple businesses in the past two years

Also, to the person who said Seattle over Vegas, idunnnnooooo.. A winter trip to Vegas to watch the Flames play seems pretty nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad