(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think it's overblown. Eichel already parties. There was a video of him chugging a beer saying "Buffalo, I'm coming for ya!". He looked really out of it.

edit: the role model, mentor stuff is overblown. Not the drinking a driving, that's idiotic.

We will see how overblown it is when they are still basement dwellers 3+ years from now.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nah, hes not on the Kings.

If he was 3-4 years into that ludicrous deal he got, and was still performing like a 40-50 point centre, you know that the Sabres would think about it.

I don't approve of what the Kings did at all; you had a dude who beat his girl and a dude who loved himself some cocaine, and they did nothing. You have a player with a painkiller problem because of the way he burnt his body getting you two cups; and you terminate him because you need the cap space.

I would have really loved if the PA stepped in there on a much more significant level, and the NHL froze the Kings cap space for the time being until this matter is resolved.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If he was 3-4 years into that ludicrous deal he got, and was still performing like a 40-50 point centre, you know that the Sabres would think about it.

I don't approve of what the Kings did at all; you had a dude who beat his girl and a dude who loved himself some cocaine, and they did nothing. You have a player with a painkiller problem because of the way he burnt his body getting you two cups; and you terminate him because you need the cap space.

I would have really loved if the PA stepped in there on a much more significant level, and the NHL froze the Kings cap space for the time being until this matter is resolved.
I think you fail to understand how contracts work, you can't just void them all willy nilly. There has to be something in the contract to allow a team to void the contract.

As deplorable as the situation with Voynov looks, it likely doesn't violate the terms of a SPC.

Stoll was caught with drugs after the season, when he was becoming a free agent, what did you expect them to do? Why risk legal proceeding when you can just let him walk in a month or so?

Richards was caught with oxy and didn't claim it when he tried to cross the border. While I am speculating here, I don't think the problem with Richards was that he did something illegal, I am willing to bet the reason he is in trouble with the Kings was that he had prescriptions from someone other than a team doctor, a doctor they did not know he was seeing. Players are required by their SPC to divulge all injuries to their team if it happens on or off the ice and if the Kings had no idea he was seeing another doctor for pain killers it is in direct violation of his contract.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Ryan O'Imbecile and Evander Kane will be wonderful role models and mentors for Reinhart and Eichel
Role models? Mentors? ROR and Kane are 24 and 23 years old respectively.

I think it's overblown. Eichel already parties. There was a video of him chugging a beer saying "Buffalo, I'm coming for ya!". He looked really out of it.

edit: the role model, mentor stuff is overblown. Not the drinking a driving, that's idiotic.
agreed

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Honestly, O'Reilly is becoming more and more like a 1st grade idiot. You do not drink and drive in the 1st place, and then run from the scene??? MAJOR facepalm there. He like any normal person should get some jail time for that imo or at least get it on his record.

btw, not from your school 100TG :P

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, O'Reilly is becoming more and more like a 1st grade idiot. You do not drink and drive in the 1st place, and then run from the scene??? MAJOR facepalm there. He like any normal person should get some jail time for that imo or at least get it on his record.

btw, not from your school 100TG :P

It took me way too long to figure out what you were talking about

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Kesler was extended 6x6.875, the price for Monahan just went up. I think we are looking at 8x8 for he and Gaudreau

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I don't know about that. Kesler has proven more than both those guys. He even scored 40 one season. And besides, Monahan and Gaudreau will be RFAs.
the RFA contract discount has pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad