Speculation: Offersheeting Puljujärvi 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
I don't think it works, but kudos to OP for getting us to think about it.

$2.0 to $4.1 - compensation = 2nd round pick = Oilers easily match
$4.1 to $6.1 - compensation = 1st and a 3rd = depends on play this season, but personally I would take the picks and flip 1st for an upgrade, like MB did (but a better upgrade). Gut says err on the side of taking picks because I'm not convinced the damage between player and organization has been entirely repaired by Holland. I think bad feelings linger, and right now it's a marriage of convenience.
$6.1 to $8.2 - surely nobody could be so stupid - compensation = 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Oilers take picks and laugh all the way to the draft.

Reactions: 780il

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Because he isn't fast like mcdavid or big like drai is my guess but a person that has around the same physical capabilities that can compete for the ross and hart is on tampa in kucherov

So no real reason to declare him the smartest man in hockey ATM. Just your opinion.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
If it's a good year, and he becomes a Sifverberg lite like I want him to, then it's tough. Another sub 30 point year and it's an easy match at a first rounder.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Yea, send the offer sheet over. Let Pizzaboy decide.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lawrence

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
if he scores 40g and 75pts, i can definitely see an offer sheet, that would make sense, around 8.250 - 8.50 0 mill per year.
Oilers won't be able to afford that.
So, we will take the draft picks.
2 Firsts. 1 second, 1 third round pick
40 g and 75 points??? The Sabres are more likely to win the cup then that. Whats a realistic ceiling? 25 goals and 55 points

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
40 g and 75 points??? The Sabres are more likely to win the cup then that. Whats a realistic ceiling? 25 goals and 55 points

That is more realistic but not bad either as he was great on the forecheck and solid defensively. He looked impressive at times last season. Lacked some finish while being Finnish. Sorry.

Will be interesting to see how he plays over a full season. Hyman and Puljujarvi are the likely candidates to lineup next to McDavid. Neither is going to light the scoreboard at an elite level but both will forecheck, board battle, create time and space for McDavid to do his thing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
50-60 points for him is out of the question for now. He hasn't shown that he could produce that much at any time yet.

I didn’t say he’s going to do it but 50 points isn’t out of question if he keeps taking steps into right direction

UED

May 2, 2021
Why would anyone want Puljujarvi on their team? The Oilers' whole problem is they're stuck with AHL caliber busts Puljujarvi and Yamamoto playing with McDavid and Draisaitl. 25 points in 55 games in the top 6 is not good for an offensive player on the worst team in the league, it's nothing more than pathetic next to McDavid...The average 2nd line caliber offensive player should be putting up PPG on a line with a nearly 2 PPG forward.

OysterForever

Feb 18, 2021
Not in Philly
Why would anyone want Puljujarvi on their team? The Oilers' whole problem is they're stuck with AHL caliber busts Puljujarvi and Yamamoto playing with McDavid and Draisaitl. 25 points in 55 games in the top 6 is not good for an offensive player on the worst team in the league, it's nothing more than pathetic next to McDavid...The average 2nd line caliber offensive player should be putting up PPG on a line with a nearly 2 PPG forward.

How many Oilers' games did u watch last season? None?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
What an idiotic take lol. You are saying that JP is a finished product? He was getting better. Force on the forecheck. I would say he just needs to improve his finishing ability. Not every guy net to McDavid magically puts up monster points.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Puljujarvi would be a good energy 3rd liner, has all the tools but the toolbox isn't there

Reactions: Fatass

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What’s the compensation for a 3 million dollar offer sheet?
  • For AAVs below $1.35654 million, there is no compensation
  • From that number to $2.055364, the price is one 3rd-round pick
  • From that number to $4.110732, its one 2nd
  • From that number $6.166096 its one 1st and one 3rd
  • From that number to $8.221463, it’s one 1st, one 2nd and one 3rd
  • From that number to $10.276829, it is two 1sts, one 2nd and one 3rd
  • Over that number, it is four 1sts

Reactions: Fatass

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
idk, i think pulju could be worth an offersheet. with nino/trocheck contract up next season carolina should atleast look into trading for him. according to this thread he has became a really good forechecker which matches carolinas game, now imagine him with kotkaniemi at center. you would have two defensive forwards on the same line. anyway its not happening, carolina is 100% bringing jarvis over next season if nino walks. also for the person saying people were calling him a bust 2 years ago, alot of carolina fans wanted him and believed in him.

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
If it's a good year, and he becomes a Sifverberg lite like I want him to, then it's tough. Another sub 30 point year and it's an easy match at a first rounder.
Not sure anyone asked.

Anyways, regarding if any team wants to screw their cap structure then go for it. Picks pls.

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Pulju will definitely be worth an offer sheet after this year IMO. The thing is the oilers are expecting yams and pulju to have good years and if it comes down to it, yam will be the one to go to make room for the other. Incoming optimistic fan prediction: pulju is 30+30 this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad