Speculation: Offersheeting Puljujärvi 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I saw him play last year and he definitely is not a power forward.

He is absolutely becoming a modern power forward. Not a 1980s power forward but what a power forward is now. You dont need to fight to be a power forward now. You need to be strong and create havoc in front of the net, be strong on the puck, use your size and strength to forecheck. He checks all those boxes.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Offersheet or not Pulju is a rare find in this league, can't think of many wingers with the same tools he has: Anderson, Tuch, Wilson and Greenway.

Brady Ketchup can fight but he can't skate like Pulju..

Reactions: snipes

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
your post implies a power forward is not a forward that plays a power game since pulju does play a power game. The only stereotypical element he misses from the power forward package is fighting/dirty play. The only logical conclusion is that is solely how you define a power forward. Reeves is the prototype of that “power forward.”

I am saying Pul doesn't play a power game, and that doesn't imply anything with regards to how I define a power forward. This explanation and Reeves thing is all you.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I am saying Pul doesn't play a power game, and that doesn't imply anything with regards to how I define a power forward. This explanation and Reeves thing is all you.
He definitely does play a power forward game. Throws big hits, hard and fast north/south forecheck, boxes defensemen out of the blue paint, and grinds the offensive cycle. Thats already what he does well- combining speed and size.

Oiler fans are hoping he can keep developing his hands, shot, and offensive instincts because the potential for a high end player is absolutely there.

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
This thread is going to age very poorly. Or we’ll depending on your perspective :laugh: I think a lot of people dismissing the idea are going to be begging their GM’s to send that offer sheet in next summer.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Like I wrote we'll have to see how his season goes, but the main thing is to keep playing the hockey he's been playing lately. Even if there's quiter periods (as there often are with younger player) he needs to keep doing his thing as this level of playing will definitely lead to good results.

It was suggested earlier the compensation of 1st, 2nd and 3rd should be amazing for Holland. As I wrote I don't think that'd be the case and obviously I'm not the only one as Sportsnet just wrote the Oilers wouldn't trade Pulju for a pair of firsts. I'm not saying they are definitely right with that, but Puljujarvi is a piece the Oilers couldn't replace that easily so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be traded for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Jesse Puljujarvi looks poised to make big impact for Oilers

Reactions: Homesick

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol offersheet Pulju at his value as McDavids winger then see how he is as not McDavids winger. Whichever team does that will screw themselves.

This is the same things people said about Draisaitl . Then Draisaitl goes out and wins a scoring title and a hart and those same people/fan realize what Oilers fans were saying all along Draisaitl doesn't need McDavid to be great . 2 game into the season and Puljujarvi has been the Oilers best forward .

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Offering that kind of contract won't deter Edmonton. It took $6.1m to pry away Kotkaniemi.
and that's just it. The KK offer sheet has become the best way to do this. KK gets overpaid, but there is a discussed extension for less than that (that they can't sign until January, so the exact figures of that deal will depend on how he does until then).

There are teams with cap space out there, to where overpaying a great player for one year is a fantastic strategy. The Oilers are a great target for any RFAs going forward.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
and that's just it. The KK offer sheet has become the best way to do this. KK gets overpaid, but there is a discussed extension for less than that (that they can't sign until January, so the exact figures of that deal will depend on how he does until then).

There are teams with cap space out there, to where overpaying a great player for one year is a fantastic strategy. The Oilers are a great target for any RFAs going forward.

I suspect further moves will be made to open up cap space to sign Puljujarvi and Yamamoto.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I mean, if I was his agent, and if he's playing with #97... I'd be advising Pulju to take less to stay right where he is? :dunno:

I assume Pulju wouldnt be too likely to wanna move around? The guy hardly speaks any english, or well did. Now that he has gotten to know the teammates and starting to get comfortable, I assume he likes to be where he is. He is a northern boy after all and gets to play with 2 of the Top5 players in the world. There is not a better fit for him...

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I could see an offersheet, because he has a wort, about 3,5 - 4.0 m$.
If anyone offers more, like 4,5-5m$ , I could see Holland walk away, but he shouldnt.

If I where a GM, I would offersheet at like 5,2m$.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
for a guy I was writing off just last year, I like this talk about the Oilers players, shows we're more than just McDrai now.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Any offer sheet has to include a clause directing somebody in the new organization to find this kid a helmet that fits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad