OT: Insiders - Do you trust them?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you trust Insiders?

• 100% faith with Insiders, legit hockey people with legit inside info.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Depends on the Insider, some are reliable.

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • 0% faith with anything an Insider says, always click bait.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • People on HForums are more reliable.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It's pretty simple.... if an insider agrees with "me" (me = everybody in here) and my agenda, then he/she is legit. If what the insider says doesn't agree with me, than he/she is a hack.

Like I said, simple.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Most people don’t know the difference between reporting and speculating even when they tell you. They don’t know how to look for attribution.

The media has created this system where they openly and knowingly lie to our face, but if it confirms our wish, we accept it. Attribution comes from a known lie.

Many people want confirmation not information.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
If you can't trust the insiders who can you trust.

I still see what the weatherman has to say every day. With a straight face he'll tell me it's cold and raining. Meanwhile it's thirty degrees and sunny outside.

But for some reason I'll still take an umbrella and jacket with me when I leave.

What exactly is the confidence level needed to trust these insiders anyway. Like how many times does someone have to be right in order to be reliable. And how many times do they have to be wrong in order to be unreliable.

Not to mention the tricky question of who's an insider and what makes them one.

I mean, let's face it, the media owns the team. Does anyone actually really believe nobody at Rogers has a clue what's happening inside ML$E. Transparency would be in the best interest for everyone and these insiders are in a position to deliver the most accurate news possible.

You can always trust the media to never lie or be wrong about anything but especially this team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Firstly, fans need to understand what "rumor" means.

The other thing is that sometimes trades/signings fall through the cracks because both sides cannot agree on the terms. So teams might be shopping, offers are made, but nothing serious transpires.

Kypreos is pretty connected, but he doesn't always hit 100%. I'm not saying he's the best or the most trusted. He's just someone who's rumors I take more seriously.

Ultimately as Leaf fans we still get to hear about 50% of what might be happening before it happens. I like it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

BTW - the options on this poll are a bit skewed.

Insiders provide information that they have overheard/heard via various connections.

IMO the issue is:

Saying a player is going to be traded based on Team A talking to Team B, seems like a "got it first" speculation / guess. If I'm right I get more followers/hits if I'm wrong they all forget it and move on to the next "speculation based on some information."

It is their business they are going to have connections, it is what they do with "scoops" that is questionable.

Poll - none of the above

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad