Speculation: Offersheeting Puljujärvi 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Please don't play McDavid with scrubs all season again.

Also offer sheet pool party is a waste of assets.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
“Keep” being a 40 pt guy? He was a 25 pt guy this year.

This feels like a work around for a bad trade offer thread to get a first for a guy who shouldn’t be worth more than a late second in a trade at best. I wouldn’t have traded anything for this guy last year, and this year it’s up to something like a third rounder for me....but I still wouldn’t do it. I don’t want the player on my team. He’s an Oiler. Let him keep building a career. No one is giving up a first for the guy, and I certainly hope Carolina feels that way too.

After his play last year there is zero chance the Oilers would trade him for a 1st. obviously Im not talking about the first overall.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Looking at the Oilers lineup and income cap 2022, it looks like it could be a good idea to do a Dundon on Puljujärvi. Puljujärvi has become a really good power-forward like hustler and netprescence, who can make space for others. Teams like Toronto and Carolina could really use a guy like that. Lets say Pulju keep beeing a 40+p hustler. Can and will Oilers match something like this:

1yr 4,5-5.5M

Atleast Carolina will have the space to do an offer like this again with Niederraiter, Stepan, Cole and Trocheck coming off the books and he would very likely be a fit with Svechnikov-Aho
I'd love to see another Dundon bad OS. Hell he lost on his last one .Might at well make it 2 losses in a row.

Reactions: Oilers In Tree

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
People don't realize that for a player to be eligible for an offer sheet the negotiations really need to be going nowhere (kinda like Kotkaniemi and the Habs). I am not going to say it will never happen, but what happened this summer (Canes vs Habs), it will definitely teach some valuable lessons, at least short term, to many GM's.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Oilers could counter offer sheet in the future so not worth it for someone like Pulju.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
if he scores 40g and 75pts, i can definitely see an offer sheet, that would make sense, around 8.250 - 8.50 0 mill per year.
Oilers won't be able to afford that.
So, we will take the draft picks.
2 Firsts. 1 second, 1 third round pick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
if he scores 40g and 75pts, i can definitely see an offer sheet, that would make sense, around 8.250 - 8.50 0 mill per year.
40 G and 75 pts. Is that all your expecting? :popcorn:

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

If he gets those numbers it’s because he was stapled to Mcdavid all season. Other GMs know that and won’t be willing to pay that kind of money unless he proves himself away from Mcdavid.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
If he gets those numbers it’s because he was stapled to Mcdavid all season. Other GMs know that and won’t be willing to pay that kind of money unless he proves himself away from Mcdavid.
What if he does it beside Draisaitl instead?

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
He doesn't match up with McD in any way, and McD hates him - just putting up with him for the coach and fans.

Pulju & Aho would probably make Pulju closer to a 60 point player than he would with McD, even if McD scores more than Aho. It's what happened with Laine (incidentally, another Aho winger) when he got a C he really synced with (Stastny).

My dream is still to one day see Laine - Aho - Pulju play for a season :) They complemented each other perfectly in the national team, and the result was several broken records. Now that they are split up, they are far less impressive individually, even if Aho is by far closest to his "old" level.

Reactions: jonlin

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
McDavid is clearly the best skater in the league and has the best hands, he is big and athletic, if he was also the smartest player in the league he would’ve separated himself from other players in the league by a even bigger margin, it would be like Gretzky on rocket skates.

Aho wasn’t a good skater in Liiga, even less so in the NHL, he doesn’t have a great shot and he isn’t strong or big and doesn’t possess puck skills like Kane or Datsuyk, and yet he is one of the top centers in the league without having any standout physical attributes, only reason he is so effective is his brain, his nickname has been ”Proffesor Aho” for a while.
Have to agree with all of this.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Is there some basis for you to say this? Or are you just assuming this because you and he are Finns?
Because he isn't fast like mcdavid or big like drai is my guess but a person that has around the same physical capabilities that can compete for the ross and hart is on tampa in kucherov

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Is that really what you pulled from all of that? He has a nickname, so that's why he's smart? Are your reading comprehension skills that bad?

It is pretty clear he thinks Aho has a higher hockey IQ because apparently McDavid has not done enough to separate himself from the rest of the league, which is complete nonsense. What makes his statement more insane is that in the shortened season McDavid was 21 points ahead of Draisaitl and then 36 points ahead of the 3rd place player.

For him to say that Aho has a higher IQ after what McDavid did last season is one of the dumbest things I have read on this forum...and that is impressive.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He doesn't match up with McD in any way, and McD hates him - just putting up with him for the coach and fans.

Pulju & Aho would probably make Pulju closer to a 60 point player than he would with McD, even if McD scores more than Aho. It's what happened with Laine (incidentally, another Aho winger) when he got a C he really synced with (Stastny).

My dream is still to one day see Laine - Aho - Pulju play for a season :) They complemented each other perfectly in the national team, and the result was several broken records. Now that they are split up, they are far less impressive individually, even if Aho is by far closest to his "old" level.
Stop with this ridiculousness. McDavid and Pulujarvi work well together. Pulujarvi is so responsible defensively that he makes a ton of sense on any line with a top scorer.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's a good idea imo, assuming he takes a predictable step forward. In hopeful we re sign him early. I wonder if a few rfas start getting bold about salary and offer sheets though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad