News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2024-25

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
FLA signed Adam Boqvist to a 1 year, 2 way contract after he was bought out by CBJ and became a UFA. Zito trying to pull some more magic. Anyway, that 2018 draft was not very deep. We're lucky that guys like Boqvist and Kravtsov were taken top 10 or we might've come away empty-handed.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
FLA signed Adam Boqvist to a 1 year, 2 way contract after he was bought out by CBJ and became a UFA. Zito trying to pull some more magic. Anyway, that 2018 draft was not very deep. We're lucky that guys like Boqvist and Kravtsov were taken top 10 or we might've come away empty-handed.
They have almost $15M in goaltending next season. And that’s with Bob still being a wild card at times and Knight ain’t that good at $4.5M. Zito signed Knight to that deal - my guess is he intended to buyout or dump Bob already, but Knight ‘taking a break’ probably made him rethink that. Although I still think Bob ends up in DET.

So, they have to junkyard bin for spare parts.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
FLA signed Adam Boqvist to a 1 year, 2 way contract after he was bought out by CBJ

They signed his older brother just last week.

I admit, I've always liked Jesper Boqvist.

and became a UFA. Zito trying to pull some more magic. Anyway, that 2018 draft was not very deep. We're lucky that guys like Boqvist and Kravtsov were taken top 10 or we might've come away empty-handed.

They've got the Cup. They still have the core.

The blueline actually still looks really good.

The forward corps is still deep and really quite big.

They even have a deeper prospect bin than many people would think.

There's plenty there to keep the good times rolling.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
The NFL is a vastly superior product to the NHL. It’s not remotely close.
The NFL is the ultimate TV sport. Production values have been built up around the game and it is sports entertainment at it's highest level. The NHL certainly will never be that. Nor will gambling on the NHL ever reach the NFL level. That has driven the bus for years.

As far as what happens at the arena, we all likely agree there is nothing better than live NHL hockey.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The NFL is a vastly superior product to the NHL. It’s not remotely close.
I really hate watching football. I used to like it, but now I can't stand it, and it's getting worse all the time.

As opposed to baseball, which has gotten so much better with the increased pace of play.

Reactions: crashthenet

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
1,000% to play

I still find the World Series more compelling on my couch than I do the NCAA Lacrosse Championship weekend and I'm a HUGE lacrosse fan...
I coach youth lacrosse, baseball was my favorite sport to play. I love both, but baseball at its best gets the nod for me.

This year's tournament after the quarters was difficult to watch. I'd have loved to see Hopkins get another shot at ND.

I'm looking forward to seeing sixes in the Olympics. I've coached more sixes games than I've watched. It feels a lot like a cross between box lacrosse (bc of changes) and basketball (pick and roll tactics).

Reactions: leeroggy

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I coach youth lacrosse, baseball was my favorite sport to play. I love both, but baseball at its best gets the nod for me.

This year's tournament after the quarters was difficult to watch. I'd have loved to see Hopkins get another shot at ND.

I'm looking forward to seeing sixes in the Olympics. I've coached more sixes games than I've watched. It feels a lot like a cross between box lacrosse (bc of changes) and basketball (pick and roll tactics).

I've played more Sixes than I've watched, I agree on the comparison. It is really fun to play, but a complete bastardization of field lacrosse.

It would be similar to if Olympic hockey was subjected to a 3v3 tournament because countries didn't want to pay for large rosters and the general public wanted more goals. I completely understand the rationale behind it and am appreciative Lacrosse has made it to Olympic level competition but I'm not a fan...

godfather-massacre.gif

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I've played more Sixes than I've watched, I agree on the comparison. It is really fun to play, but a complete bastardization of field lacrosse.
Yeah, I haven't really liked it either. Most of the time we've been forced into it because of numbers or field space. But it goes against so many of the things we try to teach regarding spacing.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
To me, the biggest issue with the Sixes is taking the ball out of the cage without some sort of requirement to either circle the cage before making a pass (or something similar). At least make the transition game a little more fair to the team getting back on defense.

What the format does is minimize the IQ aspect of the sport. Unfortunately, the IOC required a version that enough countries could play. What they fail to realize is that there are so many more possessions, which favor the best teams. I shudder to think of a 40-3 final score in one of the games.

Since we had the 3 Floridians playing significant roles for ND, I had a bigger rooting interest. I loved the Women's Final Four in Cary, that was amazingly competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad