Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I don't have any pictures of myself in Pens gear as a kid. I might still have my old Koho Jagr stick around here somewhere, though. And I still wear my 93 Patrick Division Champs shirt sometimes even though it is verifiably cursed.
I used to have a President's Trophy shirt from '93, but I, thankfully, outgrew it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If I could still fit into a medium shirt I'd be thrilled, or dying of something.

Lets sincerely hope for the former and not the latter.

I figure it must have been large on me as a kid and that's the only reason I can still fit my old ass in it. Here it is... in significantly better shape than mine. So 90s:

akUJwb0.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Not if you have a picture of yourself in full Penguins regalia apparently..lol
Pffft. I watched on a black and white TV with 4 channels. Had to get your ass up out the chair and change the channel by hand. WPGH only carried a handful of games before Mario and before KBL. Try watching hockey in black and white with "snow" on the screen. :cry: :madfire:
It's what ultimately drove me to strictly radio and Mike Lange. :vhappy:
Until my grandparents got cable with kbl and I was able to sweet talk use of their set for a few hours here and there.

Reactions: Victor Z

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not if you have a picture of yourself in full Penguins regalia apparently..lol

It wasn’t even a picture of @Gurglesons

He’s had a kid locked in his basement so he could make that exact post.

What is it about Winnipeg that’s so awful? I don’t know much about it.

Think of everywhere you’ve been that you didn’t enjoy yourself.

Now double the cringe factor and you’re 10% of the way of knowing why it’s awful.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So mcGroarty loves winning and the development track the front office has presented him with, according to his presser…does he know that Mike Sullivan is still employed by the team?

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
So mcGroarty loves winning and the development track the front office has presented him with, according to his presser…does he know that Mike Sullivan is still employed by the team?
Dubas gave him a Boston Terriers jersey to wear when he walked past Sullivan's office.

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It wasn’t even a picture of @Gurglesons

He’s had a kid locked in his basement so he could make that exact post.

Think of everywhere you’ve been that you didn’t enjoy yourself.

Now double the cringe factor and you’re 10% of the way of knowing why it’s awful.
Depends. When you’re a kid and Winnipeg is the nearest city to your little town, a weekend trip there is pretty cool. Saw my first NHL game there when Hawerchuk was doing his thing.

But then you grow up and move and travel and fairly quickly realize that Winnipeg wasn’t all that that cool. But it had its moments.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nice, I’m not one of those that posts his picture online anywhere, but my oldest Pens gear is a Rick Kehoe jersey my Dad got me in 1984. My Mum still has it back in Pittsburgh in storage somewhere, but nice throwback pic mate. Is that the illustrious DQ ice cream cake?
Rick Kehoe jersey? That rules.

Oldest Pens gear I have are Mario/Jagr gear from early 90s. I don't think I have any 80s shit but maybe my parents do and I've forgotten about it.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Rick Kehoe jersey? That rules.

Oldest Pens gear I have are Mario/Jagr gear from early 90s. I don't think I have any 80s shit but maybe my parents do and I've forgotten about it.
My Dad got it like 3 sizes too big as well so my mom had to tuck it in and roll up and pin my sleeves, so that sucked lol.

Reactions: Pancakes

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Is Zadina worth giving a PTO to? Obviously if we can move out 1 or 2 players from now to the start of the season! Still 24 years old
For me? No.
1.12 career 5v5 P/P60. Horrific for a 6th OA. -44 last year.
Yeah he squeezed out 23 points with San Jose. Needed 13:20 TOI/G to do it though.

Don't see what makes him better than any of the other bottom-six candidates. Plus if you can't defend in Sully's bottom-six you're gonna get like 9 mins a night. This isn't the place for him.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think this team will even bother with a PTO with a forward to be honest, they have so many veterans on veterans on veterans that they couldn’t even bring one in out of curiosity.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
What is it about Winnipeg that’s so awful? I don’t know much about it.
Well first of all, it’s not very big so there isn’t a ton to do if you’re a bachelor. I personally like the size, but another issue is that there are no other large cities within driving distance. Again that isn’t something that matters to me, but it would matter to others. There’s about 800,000 people. There’s also no hills whatsoever, so if you don’t like flatness then you won’t like Winnipeg. Most people like hills and a coastline if they think of ideal terrain and Winnipeg is the opposite of that.

But the main issue is that most years it is cold from November to March and it’s downtown is an inner city reservation with a meth problem. There is petty crime everywhere within the city now, what used to be confined to the west and north ends is now essentially ubiquitous. And many of the close to 100,000 immigrants that have been dumped there in the last 3 years are legitimate human traffickers with no discernible skills or reason to be there, but have been dumped there so their family can buy cheap (relative to Canada) real estate - so the crime is both increasing and getting more serious and it’s losing it’s one major advantage - affordable living. I have police friends there and they say it’s gotten really bad.

On the plus side, Winnipeg has a lot of attractive females for some reason. The cold filters good genetics I guess. And the summers are short but quite nice.

Reactions: eXile3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad