Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Excellent, well exactly what I had envisioned. Now you can use that 1st to acquire a reclamation project or just draft Boisvert :D

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't think you'll see any of those guys become a Hab.. I can see Kakko as the most likely.. Dubois is an absolute no.. Zegras is not their style of player at all and I don't think NYR will move Laf.
Kakko was Gorton’s pick, he’s from the 2019 draft, and he’d get some opportunities on this team likely. I’d take a flyer on him forsure if the price is right.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Good trade!

We won’t pick four time in the next two first rounds that’s for sure. Can’t wait to see what Hughes has in plan.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You're right. The conditions on the Calgary pick are so convoluted, that in those conditions, a 3rd and a 4th are in there. But those aren't guaranteed picks. The only guaranteed pick in the Calgary deal is the 1st and the conditions for the 3rd and 4th are only dependant on what happens with the 1st round pick.

It's unlike this Jets deal, where you are guaranteed a pick other than the 1st round pick, the only thing left to do is see what the condition on that 3rd is.
The condition from what i heard is the Jets winning the cup. If they don't win the cup it's a 1st round pick only. At the end of the day two 1st round pick for taking what was considered back then a cap dump is phenomenal.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I hope it’s a pick they use this summer for someone to take Gallagher.
The draft pick is far more valuable. We’re not near to be a contending team. By the time we are, the adverse effects of Gallagher’s improvident contract will be largely negligible in the big picture.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
yes 2 1st round picks for SM is good, but.. these 2 picks need to be scoring players
and it seems KH likes his defense picks
we all understand you can stop repeating yourself lmao

if you wanna complain about something related to that instead it's the fact that they passed on Michkov with said pick

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs center depth wasn't very good before this with Dach out and it's even worse now. So the Habs now have Suzuki, Evans and what down the middle to play out the rest of this season? IMO Newhook didn't look good at center so I hope they don't make him play there when he returns.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The draft pick is far more valuable. We’re not near to be a contending team. By the time we are, the adverse effects of Gallagher’s improvident contract will be largely negligible in the big picture.
It’s not even the cap hit anymore. It’s the taking icetime from players that can have more of an impact/have a future, and to stop the selfishness that’s starting to bring down the team.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
The Habs center depth wasn't very good before this with Dach out and it's even worse now. So the Habs now have Suzuki, Evans and what down the middle to play out the rest of this season? IMO Newhook didn't look good at center so I hope they don't make him play there when he returns.
Newhook wasn't impressive at center, but he's still better than the other options. We're in a lost season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad