Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It's not a fallacy because, despite not competing, MB was doing everything in his power to try and compete. He was signing guys like Hoffman, trading for Dvorak, etc because he thought the team could win.

The rebuild was confirmed in 2022 because the new guys coming in legitimately said "we're going to suck for a while and we're going to rebuild because of that." That was NEVER something even thought of by MB.
Exactly. It's not a rebuild if you happen to get some good young players in the draft because you had high draft pick(s) even though you were trying to make the playoffs.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Would that pick be enough to get either Laine or Kent Johnson from Columbus?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just saw a Leafs fan saying he wouldn't have given up a 1st for Monahan due to his injury history and his "average play" this season. Yet Monahan @ 2 million as the exact same offensive numbers as Tavares does this season and for 9 million dollars cheaper. :)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Just saw a Leafs fan saying he wouldn't have given up a 1st for Monahan due to his injury history and his "average play" this season. Yet Monahan @ 2 million as the exact same offensive numbers as Tavares does this season and for 9 million dollars cheaper. :)
Monahan had better linemates than Tavares.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
bro Tavares plays with Nylander calm down

we haven't had a Nylander since before sampollock got his first job before the war

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Good trade. This is a pre-draft move. Another 21-22 year old coming via a 1st rounder trade this summer.

No complaint. Plus, now they will start sucking even more. I don’t mind this. Two more seasons of bottom 5-10 to go!
Wishing for bottom 5 in the league isn’t helpful. That would mean more injuries and horrible development. Such an amateur take. Players read this kind of shit and scoff. We have enough picks to trade for a new team lol how about they explore trade options because we have one of the worst forward groups in terms of prospects in the league. It’s a joke. Drafting them would be more than 1 or 2 more years of tanking 100%

• Haha
Reactions: CHwest

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
im not a fan of mb either but we have to realize that it's hard to commit to a rebuild when you have carey price as your goalie winning games by himself. whether you keep him or trade him, it was just a lose-lose situation for mb.
yes I agree, inheriting a HoF-level goalie for your entire tenure as GM is a lose-lose situation :sarcasm:

Jul 6, 2016
I am a bit sad to see him going but, I guess, it was due to happen. He accepted a lower salary with the promise of being traded if the team was not about to reach the Playoffs this year. Overall, he was not underpaid over the last two seasons though. He showcased what he could still do at NHL level.

He has been a very good player for the Habs, a good mentor, great on face offs too. I am sure his teamates in MTL will ll miss him. The last portion of the season could be really awful with a very weak center line behind Suzuki. Newhook is a bad centerman. We will have to wait next season how it's gonna look with Dach back.

Winnipeg 1st pick is good as long as Hughes will use it properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad