Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
We are pilling the assets, Chairot pick + our early 2nd could fletch Newhook. Im expecting something similar with this pick, maybe a trade up to improve our own 1st.

That trade also helps the tank big time, we really need to draft the highest possible this year and trading Monahan now will help our chances. Im expecting Savard to be traded as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pearson will not fetch much even with retention. Do it at the last second for a 3rd or 4th only if no one bites on two years of Allen, Savard and we don't find a use for the retention slot in a 3 way trade as facilitator.

Of course, if Allen or Savard will fetch you more with retention than Pearson would, I agree that retaining on those guys would be better than Pearson.

However, even retaining on Allen, I don't expect much in return.

Reactions: Runner77

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
actually i'm switching side, we should sell everything to try the "Camalleri/Gomez/Gionta" type trade again to kickstart this team

we're going for Sean Monahan reunited with Sam Bennet and Adam Henrique to complete the trio

it's time for us to see some goals

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can we sign a UFA vet every summer to a 1 year deal and flip them for a 1st at the TDL?

Let's make this an annual thing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The condition from what i heard is the Jets winning the cup. If they don't win the cup it's a 1st round pick only. At the end of the day two 2st round pick for taking what was considered back then a cap dump is phenomenal.

Yea. The conditional 3rd is in 2027, so we don't really need to care about that in all honesty.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Winnipeg has to win the Cup! (for the Habs to get the conditional 3rd rounder).

Seems like a quick trigger, no doubt a concern for his health though. Good chance the first rounder is another draft pick to be traded for a young player.
They can keep their 3rd rounder, lol. I would prefer that they fall out of contention and we end up with a lottery pick. Or, that they struggle and we end up with a mid-range 1st rather than a 32nd 1st.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
this #1 pick of the pegs will not see hab ice for 4 years.
Which is fine as who knows what happens in 4 years? We may need a cost controlled kid on an ELC, who we could flim him for a better established player.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
690 is blowing up

everyone feels the peg pick is a low end player again.
we see
Well, with the history of what Montreal has been able to get with late first rounders (Tinordi, Beaulieu, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen, Poehling), I have a hard time seeing the logic in this trade.

And I don't understand what the rush was (other then the risk of injury). Obviously Winnipeg coming strong meant that the Lindholm's trade sent teams into panic mode. Why not let all the teams overbid for him? Why take the first offer?

Let them simmer for a few more days!! It's the allstar weekend anyways, so unless Monahan slips on ice while shoveling his driveway, he was not likely to get injured this weekend!

A first round pick was the obvious minimum starting point! I'm sure they would have gotten that in a week.

Reactions: Slashers98

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
actually i'm switching side, we should sell everything to try the "Camalleri/Gomez/Gionta" type trade again to kickstart this team

we're going for Sean Monahan reunited with Sam Bennet and Adam Henrique to complete the trio

it's time for us to see some goals

Enweille Tarasenko + Giroux da rebuild is over!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I was expecting more but that's ok. Was expecting a future top 6 ala Newhook but teams wanting to go far in PO don't give that kind of player. Good deal considering the injury risk of SM. Monahan gone, the first pick of Mtl will get better next summer.

And guess what, Monahan will sign with us in july, hahaha!

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
They can keep their 3rd rounder, lol. I would prefer that they fall out of contention and we end up with a lottery pick. Or, that they struggle and we end up with a mid-range 1st rather than a 32nd 1st.
Anything is possible. One major injury and all bets are off.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
That took him 9 years and COVID restrictions making a Canadian conference. Then the team completely imploded when league was back to normal to have arguably the worst season in franchise history.

I hope Hughes has more success than that. Been 2 years so far but definitely don't want to wait 9 years to have a fluke run and then become garbage. Have higher expectations than that.
that Cup run had some amazing emotional highs, but like, I find it incredible when posters point to it as an example of Bergy's success :shakehead

Reactions: habsfan891 and Wats

Chili

Time passes when you're not looking
Jun 10, 2004
Don't even know why they bothered with the conditional draft pick, not much of a sweetner. They are looking good to make the playoffs though.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Well, with the history of what Montreal has been able to get with late first rounders (Tinordi, Beaulieu, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen, Poehling), I have a hard time seeing the logic in this trade.
The habs will likely trade the pick. That is the logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad