Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What value? Bustkoowhich might be good but there is presumably a reason Canucks were willing to move him.
Concerns with him are skating and defence. But he has a super-high upside if things fall in place. Kuzmeno is a dump weith negative value, the rest is filler trade material.
No there wasn't. And it's a good thing nonetheless because at still gives Montreal a chance to retain on I believe Pearson.
Better bet is Savard or maybe Allen if someone wants either of them for two playoff runs but the money is the concern.

Pearson will not fetch much even with retention. Do it at the last second for a 3rd or 4th only if no one bites on two years of Allen, Savard and we don't find a use for the retention slot in a 3 way trade as facilitator.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
764x9ndy0a281.jpg
Lmao actually funny

Reactions: overlords

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I get some Habs fans are going to be disappointed today. Hell, I bet you Slafkovsky is pretty disappointed, but it had to be done.

I'm impressed at HuGo sticking to the plan. I feel like Bergevin would have come "out" of the rebuild 4 times in the last two years. HuGo is sticking to the long term vision. Smart.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I think what people are whining about is us not fleecing the other team. The way I see it, it's a great trade for both. Money is a good player. That paired with better players could be even better. What Jets didn't do is panic and offer too much. They got Money without giving any prospect. They did well.....but so did we.

Them doing well does NOT mean us not doing well...lol. It,s really as if doing well now means....CRUSHING THE OTHER TEAM!!!!
Monahan is one check from this being a fleecing. The deal is done, and now the risk of injury has been assumed by the Jets.

For that assumption alone: they over paid.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Something tells me we’re either going for Zegras, Kakko, Dubois or Lafreniere with this 1st+.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Most likely traded but I'd love to see them use it on Dean Letourneau.

Big project but if he hits, he'll be a home run

Big for sure. Lol Guy is huge. It's been a long time since a player has been drafted from Canadian Collegiate hockey. Mark Jankowski is the last one, I believe.

He's hit 1st round status on a lot of lists, so it's not a reach. I expect he plays USHL next season then he's off to Boston College.

I would expect 3 years before he's ready to turn pro.

Chili

Time passes when you're not looking
Jun 10, 2004
Well, at least we got a first, but it is likely to be pretty low with a low chance at getting a player of quality, and who will probably take a few years to join the Habs, like 2027-29. I would have preferred a good prospect. But I guess we can use it as a traiding chip, too.

I hope Winnipeg struggles down the stretch and gets booted out in the first round now.

Would be cool if we sign Monahan in the off season again, lol. The gift that keeps giving.
Winnipeg has to win the Cup! (for the Habs to get the conditional 3rd rounder).

Seems like a quick trigger, no doubt a concern for his health though. Good chance the first rounder is another draft pick to be traded for a young player.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
presser soon
Kent: I dont want more picks but that was the value for SM
Kent: I plan not to use all this picks
Press: What are you going to do with them
Kent: sit on them for now

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
both have not proved they are scoring studs yet.
Dach I like

Newhook, is on the prove it to me shelf
correct me if I am wrong.. but Newhook trade never lit the boards for all to rejoice. it was a maybe trade
Agree. Dach has a pretty significant injury to bounce back from too...I hope it works out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad