Confirmed with Link: Monahan traded to Jets for 2024 1st and cond. 3rd in 2027.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i think realistically we are picking 5th or 6th, and with some luck maybe 1st or 2nd. The extra picks we keep getting will be used to attain the yearly "roster" player who fits the core.
If we finish 4th or 5th last, we may pick 6th or 7th, depending on how the lottery goes.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
If we finish 4th or 5th last, we may pick 6th or 7th, depending on how the lottery goes.
outside Celibrini, I feel 2-8 is the an equal second tier (of top 6F, top 4D), several options.

I find it more entertaining watching a rebuild properly done than the last 30 years where you could tell we just had a shitty team and were trying to patch holes year after year. Atleast now there is hope of better days
we went on a cup run, with Dustin Tokarski as our backup G in the Conf Championships.

Reactions: Runner77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I find it more entertaining watching a rebuild properly done than the last 30 years where you could tell we just had a shitty team and were trying to patch holes year after year. Atleast now there is hope of better days
Exactly. Watching a young team develop is also entertaining. It's unfortunate that there are only 3 forwards worth watching until Newhook returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
ok and ?

how many games has Monahan played for the Habs? How's he going to help the team 4 years from now ?
Dont know why you quoted my post, wasnt talking about the trade at all, did you even looked at the post i was quoting :help:

I think thats a good trade, not a great one but a good one, Money being UFA at the end of the year you had to get something out of him

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I don't think necessary =/ entertaining, personally. Are we seriously going to argue that this year or last year's Habs were playing entertaining hockey?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Exactly. Watching a young tean develop is also entertaining. It's unfortunate that there are only 3 forwards worth watching until Newhook returns.
We lack fire power for sure. I believe Hughes will complete another trade at draft to bring young offensive player to the team. On the other hand watching our future cup worthy young defense squad develop is quite entertaining.

Reactions: Hansman

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some underrated components to this trade:
We didn't retain & use up our final retention spot (Armia?)
We didn't wait for Monahan to get injured - a lot of Therapy days lately
This makes us worse right now - good for the tank. Monahan was winning us games.
This opens a spot for a young player
Underrated comment — how Monahan had been taking more and more therapy days as the season progressed. It could be an indication of vulnerability and greater risk of wear and tear or impending breakdown (although we’d never wish it on the guy).

Beyond the trade variables, Moneyhands came across as one of the most likeable players to wear the jersey. A total class act.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
we went on a cup run, with Dustin Tokarski as our backup G in the Conf Championships.
Looking at what Price was capable of, I realise that the Habs really missed an opportunity at the cup, not trying more aggressively at the TDL and in summer in general. Bergevin kept all his 1st picks, and we got King, Weal and other great game changers...

Reactions: themilosh

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think we should try to trade Colorado 2nd for Morgan Frost, isn't enough?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I don't think necessary =/ entertaining, personally. Are we seriously going to argue that this year or last year's Habs were playing entertaining hockey?
Where the last 30 years entertaining? I almost stop watching hockey at the end of the 90s beggining of the 2000S . Our team were so depraved of talent. Atleast now I can follow the development of the young players with upside. We survived the dark era , I believe green pasture await us in the near futur

Reactions: themilosh and Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know we are in a rebuild but damn it's hard as a fan who witnessed such iconic teams.
It’s equally hard to see every other roster building strategy used in the past 30 years fail, and not even beget an elite, consistent game breaking forward talent during all that timespan.

Not to be ignored is how those iconic teams could never be assembled in the cap era and how there are so many more teams vying for a Cup compared to those early days. It’s nice to have had that amazing past but based on how most successful teams have been built in the cap era, a rebuild and/or early draft picks is the way to go.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
outside Celibrini, I feel 2-8 is the an equal second tier (of top 6F, top 4D), several options.

Yes, I've heard there are a lot of good players 2-8.

I know we are in a rebuild but damn it's hard as a fan who witnessed such iconic teams.
Hopefully this trade helps us get a piece in June, with a very high pick (top 5), who is a major piece of a future iconic team.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
dont get it
Gignac isn’t signed to an NHL deal but Condotta and Stephens are. Hesitation might have been due to whether or not to use a contract slot on Gignac at this time.

Reactions: Tyson

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I felt it appropriate to change the Jets 2024 1st and the 2025 Flames 1st (likely Florida 1st) from the earlier pic I posted to pictures of Monahan since getting a 1st to take Monahan and his caphit and then getting another 1st back for trading him again 2 years later is a very shrewd move by Hughes and such great asset management. :)

Montreal_Canadiens2.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I felt it appropriate to change the Jets 2024 1st and the 2025 Flames 1st (likely Florida 1st) from the earlier pic I posted to pictures of Monahan since getting a 1st to take Monahan and his caphit and then getting another 1st back for trading him again 2 years later is a very shrewd move by Hughes and such great asset management. :)

View attachment 814012

"this isn't playstation"

• Haha
Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad