Post-Game Talk: The beatings will continue until morale improves Edm @ Perds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I see a lot of people still have 101st on ignore.
There are two GDTs
Not that it matters.
We are going 0-82-0 and will be the laughing stock of the NHL for spending all that cash on old ass UFAs
When you posted this 0-82-0, I thought it was ridiculous. At 0-4-0, I am not so sure anymore. That is 5% of the season with zero points.

If the Preds make it, I say hang a banner!!!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I know its not going to happen, but hypothetically at what point does it get bad enough that Trotz tells Brunette to get the heck out of the way and he just takes things over? I get that GM's don't really do that these days, but most of them don't have SC winning coach on their resume either.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I know its not going to happen, but hypothetically at what point does it get bad enough that Trotz tells Brunette to get the heck out of the way and he just takes things over? I get that GM's don't really do that these days, but most of them don't have SC winning coach on their resume either.
It's funny, I thought this after game 2. Lou was the last one I can remember doing this. I can't think doing both jobs, this early into a season is a recipe for success. I do wonder how long a leash Bruno has.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
It's funny, I thought this after game 2. Lou was the last one I can remember doing this. I can't think doing both jobs, this early into a season is a recipe for success. I do wonder how long a leash Bruno has.
I imagine Bruno has essentially "infinite leash". Maybe that's a Poilean mindset. But I get the sense Trotz and Brunette are closely aligned and he had a Jack Adams-nominated season last year. I don't think there is anything short of an actual 0-82-0 season that results in Brunette hitting the skids?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I imagine Bruno has essentially "infinite leash". Maybe that's a Poilean mindset. But I get the sense Trotz and Brunette are closely aligned and he had a Jack Adams-nominated season last year. I don't think there is anything short of an actual 0-82-0 season that results in Brunette hitting the skids?
He does and he doesn't. If the team is performing well without the results, then yes, the leash is long. I never have an issue with a team losing if they're playing solid hockey. We're losing and doing so in not the best of fashion. You do that for too long and something will give, regardless of accolades from the previous season. Unfortunately, sports are a what have you done for me lately type of business and with the money spent and the type of additions made, there is an expectation to win and be competitive. Whether that's fair or not is another discussion because there could be some thought that while Trotz made a lot of moves to improve the team, were they the right/best moves to do so?

Trotz has the longer leash as he's beloved in this town and I'm not asking for him or even suggesting he be terminated. Bruno is a different story.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
This is ALL on BT. He moved out DP's players and coach and sold Ownership on what/who he wanted. Now I am glad that Hynes is gone and thought Bruno did a wonderful job last year but that was last year. Not sure how BT will handle any of this as GM so will have to wait and see. But the play on the ice is not good so far. :thumbd:

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
I see a lot of people still have 101st on ignore.
There are two GDTs
Not that it matters.
We are going 0-82-0 and will be the laughing stock of the NHL for spending all that cash on old ass UFAs
I believe I saw last night that no team in history has started 0-4 and went on to win the Cup. So go Preds? :sarcasm:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I just will never understand why Lauzon and Carrier get such a long leash and Fabbro gets his yanked immediately.

Also, is it just me or does Sissons seem off? He has been on the ice for 8 even strength goals against. McCarron has been on for 7. Smith has been on for 6.

Nyquist hasnt looked great either.

Tomasino hasnt been that bad and only has 1 even strength goal against but his ice time is what suffers

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I just will never understand why Lauzon and Carrier get such a long leash and Fabbro gets his yanked immediately.

Also, is it just me or does Sissons seem off? He has been on the ice for 8 even strength goals against. McCarron has been on for 7. Smith has been on for 6.

Nyquist hasnt looked great either.

Tomasino hasnt been that bad and only has 1 even strength goal against but his ice time is what suffers
To be fair to Sissons, he was on the ice with McC and Smith for the debacle against Seattle which doesn't help.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Saros hasn't started his season well, but I gotta say much of his early struggles cannot solely be put on him. This was the Oilers 1st goal last night, I mean someone has to clear the guy screening Saros for God's sake. Also, if we did as good of a job screening their goalie than we do our own's, we'd be heck of a lot better off.

Screenshot 2024-10-18 191848.png

The 2nd goal is a mad scramble in front including Lauzon passing the puck to an Oilers guy right in the middle of the slot and he gets a good shot off which Saros initially saves. Then for some unknown reason, Schenn tries to play snow angel behind Saros and ends up taking the puck with him to goal.

Screenshot 2024-10-18 192231.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad