Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Team was built around Sullivan, Rutherford cleared out a bunch of players and they brought up Sullivan's AHL players to fill out the bottom six.

Pittsburgh's offense has always been top heavy, Crosby, Malkin and Letang, a few other skilled players, and then scrubs like Sheary who Crosby elevated.

That 2015-16 team only had 5 forwards with 30+ ES points, Crosby (26-35), Kessel (22-20), Malkin (16-15 in 57g), Hornqvist (13-23), Kunitz (15-19). Bonino and Hagelin stepped up in the playoffs. The rest of the forwards were guys like Rust, Sheary, Cullen, Kuhnhackl, Fehr.
Another good point.

Pena got unreal stepping up from guys young and old who had never been that clutch before and wouldn't be after.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It's really bad this year - extremely noticeable that he's slowing down and it's impacting the broadcast.

Was watching a Flyers game a couple weeks ago and thought to myself, I wonder if they fudge the audio feed to make the call sync up to the play quicker. Because JJ was calling goals literally as they happened. At times I don't even know if the puck was in the net yet. I asked my buddy who was watching if I was crazy, and he said he noticed it too. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is actually a thing?

Last edited:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Was watching a Flyers game a couple weeks ago and thought to myself, I wonder if they fudge the audio feed to make the call sync up to the play quicker. Because JJ was calling goals literally as they happened. At times I don't even know if the puck was in the net yet. I asked my buddy how was watching if I was crazy, and he said he noticed it too. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is actually a thing?
It's definitely a thing, and doesn't seem to be just Flyers broadcasts. It's a good idea in theory, but the timing has been shit.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
These artist designed pride warm-ups are consistently pretty great. I think the Kings one was the best.

The irony about the Flyers jersey controversy is they were bare minimum effort jerseys. Practice ones with rainbow numbers. They curiously didn't even touch the logo.

He should break the Coyotes all time single season point total record (Tkachuk with 86).

@Young Sandwich

bros-highfive.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
These artist designed pride warm-ups are consistently pretty great. I think the Kings one was the best.

The irony about the Flyers jersey controversy is they were bare minimum effort jerseys. Practice ones with rainbow numbers. They curiously didn't even touch the logo.

@Young Sandwich

bros-highfive.gif
The effort that the Flyers put into warmup jerseys is LOL worthy time and time again.

Just getting rid of extra practice jersey stock.

s-l1600.jpg

1246313012.jpg

nashville-predators-v-philadelphia-flyers.jpg

Reactions: Starat327 and Magua

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
Was watching a Flyers game a couple weeks ago and thought to myself, I wonder if they fudge the audio feed to make the call sync up to the play quicker. Because JJ was calling goals literally as they happened. At times I don't even know if the puck was in the net yet. I asked my buddy who was watching if I was crazy, and he said he noticed it too. I'm curious if anyone knows if this is actually a thing?
It's been like this all season, and I think last season as well. It's annoying as hell.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Brady Tkachuk always is at the top of the league in expected goals but not really there in actual goals.

That defensive rating is pretty bad, not TDA bad, but given his contract, you'd like to see a tad more effort, obviously he's talented enough to be at least "average" in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad