Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Birds aren’t real.

I won’t be silenced.
FB_IMG_1676642027732.jpg

You ever see an owlsl's legs
That's the worst pick-up line I've ever heard!

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
6 goals + 2 assists for Vrana in 10 games with St. Louis

Them having a 0% chance at Bedard is pretty comforting though
Crosby, while still good, is slipping. Malkin is just a lumbering hulk out on the ice. Letang is losing his legs as well. Next season these guys will be even further in decline. The Penguins have nothing after these three. Years of getting boat raced loom in their future.
Like the Flyers they should have started a rebuild three years ago instead of trading DCs to stay in the mix and then fail. Flyers+Penguins have a common factor-Hextall.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Caps come back down 3-0, but Anthony Mantha gets pick pocketed my Malkin who scores the winner.
I tell ya that was a wild 15 minutes.

I was on my way to work. It was 3-1 during the first leg of my journey. I wake up from a nap to get off transit and get to my transfer spot... 3-3 wtf... so I try to load up the game but cell signal is spotty, I get coverage and it's 4-3 and I watch the last minute on my phone

Hockey is such a weird sport to follow via box scores lol

Reactions: BernieParent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I tell ya that was a wild 15 minutes.

I was on my way to work. It was 3-1 during the first leg of my journey. I wake up from a nap to get off transit and get to my transfer spot... 3-3 wtf... so I try to load up the game but cell signal is spotty, I get coverage and it's 4-3 and I watch the last minute on my phone

Hockey is such a weird sport to follow via box scores lol
It happened pretty quick at the end. The Penguins deserved to blow the lead too, they were playing like shit.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Yeah, because trading a player like Crosby - no matter how far off peak he is - isn't career suicide or anything.
Personally I'd rather enjoy a farwell tour winners or losers with those guys than ship em off... I was down with blowing it up when Malkin looked to be leaving because (I'm very much Malkin 1st person) but when he came back I'm ride till death with this bunch. Let them be lifetime exclusive Penguins... the rebuild is going to be brutal either way post those 3 and moving them isn't going to make it significantly better vs robbing Pens fans of these guys being lifers.

Reactions: Starat327

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
It happened pretty quick at the end. The Penguins deserved to blow the lead too, they were playing like shit.
I love my team but there are two universal truths dating back basically a decade+ now

1. The Pens Jersey decreases your durability stat by 30% unless you're Phil Kessel

2. The Pens are the worst team to watch when they have a lead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love my team but there are two universal truths dating back basically a decade+ now

1. The Pens Jersey decreases your durability stat by 30% unless you're Phil Kessel

2. The Pens are the worst team to watch when they have a lead.
Sure seems like the same problems follow Ron Hextall around.

Reactions: Rebels57

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Crosby, while still good, is slipping. Malkin is just a lumbering hulk out on the ice. Letang is losing his legs as well. Next season these guys will be even further in decline. The Penguins have nothing after these three. Years of getting boat raced loom in their future.
Like the Flyers they should have started a rebuild three years ago instead of trading DCs to stay in the mix and then fail. Flyers+Penguins have a common factor-Hextall.
So Ronald didn't take a specific course of action, you don't say. No plan Ron.

Will he ever get a GM job again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad