Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
giphy.webp
I've been invited to stay by many wonderful people here and I feel as fond of them as they me...

And you asked for misc hockey talk... :) ❤️

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If the league was rigging the lottery, Flyers or Chicago would win, Bedard in a major media market is their wet dream. No point sending him to Anaheim, he'd just disappear.

Reactions: BernieParent

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm in the same boat. Especially leagues with daily lineups, just painful at times.

To me fantasy football is difficult enough and that's like (once a week). Anything that feels like a responsibility I tend to avoid. I don't even like planning fun trips (bachelors/etc), just tell me when and where to show up.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The huebris of these people…
Throwing shade here.

If the league was rigging the lottery, Flyers or Chicago would win, Bedard in a major media market is their wet dream. No point sending him to Anaheim, he'd just disappear.
I'm of two minds here: does Bettman want more to pander to a big market or give a shot of adrenaline to his charity-case franchises?

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Big market b/c a team like the Flyers helps ratings, not just the Philly market, but b/c they're a "Name" team.

League wants Bruins, Rangers, Flyers, Blackhawks to be competitive, to a lesser extent the Kings and Stars, but they'll never get the attention in their cities that the older franchises do. Plus the time zone thing works against TV ratings - teams East of the Mississippi play when the majority of viewers are awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad