Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm Canadian never even been to Pittsburgh heh

Oh word? You gotta go visit and see a game. It's a beautiful city for like 15 days a year, so you really gotta time it right. And there's nothing like being in the hallowed halls of PPG Console Paints Energy Mellon, a building with all of the architectural character and collective passion you'd find in a podiatrist's waiting room.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'd honestly respect the provorov's and staal's of the world more if they didn't write these convoluted "mah Christian beliefs" statements and just flat out say Pride makes them uncomfortable and that they don't support it. It would still be wrong but at least I could say they are standing up for their opinion. Hiding behind Christian beliefs is just bullshit especially as a Christian myself. Jesus taught us that all people were created equal and that we are ALL sinners. There are many progressive Christians out there that don't tolerate discriminating against a group of people based on how they were born.
Never been a sinner, I never sinned. I got a friend in Jesus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Oh word? You gotta go visit and see a game. It's a beautiful city for like 15 days a year, so you really gotta time it right. And there's nothing like being in the hallowed halls of PPG Console Paints Energy Mellon, a building with all of the architectural character and collective passion you'd find in a podiatrist's waiting room.
And if you like roller coasters you'll love the experience of zigzagging down the side of a mountain on streets that are at an 80 degree angle. Last time we were there my one friend's truck blew a coolant leak right before the intersection, my friend's Jeep hit the coolant and slid through a red light, and the damn cop STILL gave him a ticket.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
At least our mascot doesn't look like a disgraced Muppet after a 15 year heroin binge.

❤️

I do need to see a game on Pittsburgh though true

My parents were ready to buy me tickets to the last home game of the season off ebay the year the year it looked like the Pens might move and that would be the past game on Pittsburgh... fortunately for us all that got settled so here I am still not having been to a home game.

Seen a shit ton of Pens games in Canada though going back all the way to 92.

kimochem

Sep 28, 2017
A lot of players are tired of the virtue-signaling show. It'll probably just increase.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
At least our mascot doesn't look like a disgraced Muppet after a 15 year heroin binge.

❤️

I do need to see a game on Pittsburgh though true

My parents were ready to buy me tickets to the last home game of the season off ebay the year the year it looked like the Pens might move and that would be the past game on Pittsburgh... fortunately for us all that got settled so here I am still not having been to a home game.

Seen a shit ton of Pens games in Canada though going back all the way to 92.

It's a great city (I'm a former resident and honestly wish I still lived there sometimes) but the arena is...the blandest building of its size I've ever been in. It's also a much less steep seating area, meaning it might have pretty good concert acoustics, but last row feels really damn far from the ice and it's hard to generate a ton of sustained crowd noise in there. Mellon was hard to navigate, an old and cramped pain in the ass, but it was a really fun place to see a hockey game. Sonically the polar opposite. You really should go see a game and just enjoy the town, it's a gem. PA's the best state.

And if you like roller coasters you'll love the experience of zigzagging down the side of a mountain on streets that are at an 80 degree angle. Last time we were there my one friend's truck blew a coolant leak right before the intersection, my friend's Jeep hit the coolant and slid through a red light, and the damn cop STILL gave him a ticket.

Probably didn't blow a high enough BAC. Anything below a .06 and you're just in no shape to drive those hills.

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
movieposter (1).jpg

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
It's a great city (I'm a former resident and honestly wish I still lived there sometimes) but the arena is...the blandest building of its size I've ever been in. It's also a much less steep seating area, meaning it might have pretty good concert acoustics, but last row feels really damn far from the ice and it's hard to generate a ton of sustained crowd noise in there. Mellon was hard to navigate, an old and cramped pain in the ass, but it was a really fun place to see a hockey game. Sonically the polar opposite. You really should go see a game and just enjoy the town, it's a gem. PA's the best state.
I'm absolutely going to within the next 3 or 4 years I think

It's my last big bucket list travel spot... just still covid adverse

Had I known that was coming I'd have smashed in among my myriad of trips between 2016 and January 2020... alas.

I'm excited though been a Pens fan for 30 years... probably will cry being in the home barn. I saw them win a playoff series in Ottawa and the person next to me told me to shut up as I was celebrating (relatively respectfully btw) their win... will be nice to be in Penguins country, probably time it for a significant homestead to maximize chances of seeing them win

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Leviticus 19:19 - "Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

Stall, Reimer, and Provorov violate their beliefs every single time they wear a hockey jersey
Old covenant, DP. No longer binding.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
How convenient
I like being aware of context.

Amorgus said:
Jesus said absolutely NOTHING about Homosexuality. It's all Old Testament stuff that was questionably translated anyway. And the New Testament supercedes the Old.

I recommend rereading the NT, paying special attention to Jesus' statements about marriage (one man and one woman), His warning that fornicators and adulterers (i.e., sex outside of marriage) would be denied access to Heaven, Paul's statement to the church in Rome about unnatural sexual attraction, and Jude's reiteration of the reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

Surrounded by Ahos said:
I'm pretty sure Jesus said to love thy neighbor. Apparently that's too complicated for some people.
DancingPanther said:
Jesus' entire point was to love marginalized communities. He hung out with lepers to prove this point ffs
He did, but He also said that those who loved Him obey His commandments. He did not tolerate sinfulness despite His love for those around Him. For example, when He stared down the crowd ready to stone the woman caught in adultery, He said He would not condemn her since her accusers all left but told her to go and sin no more.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Old covenant, DP. No longer binding.
It is when some find it convenient to cherry pick.

My ancestors wrote the damn thing over 700 years, with multiple authors and no editor (two conflicting versions of a creation myth).

If you read the Old Testament carefully, you can see the transition from a Bedouin herder culture (the crime in Sodom was not sodomy but mistreatment and lack of hospitality to strangers - Lot offers his daughters to be gang raped rather than turn over the Angels, what a Dad!) - which makes sense from Bedouin morality where hospitality to strangers in a harsh environment was expected.

Note that later on, the sin became modified:

Ezekiel 16:48–50[24] Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before Me; therefore I removed them when I saw it."

Now the sin is a lack of economic and social justice, this is more of a focus of an urbanized society where poverty is a major issue - much of Deuteronomy basically lays out regulations to help the poor (leave the edges of your fields unthreshed so the poor and the widows can gather food) and mandates charity.

See Deuteronomy 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad