Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They need more of their stars to be outspoken. They are all too content to eat up whatever shit Bettman shoveling.
Bettman has been shoveling shit for decades. Actually from the moment that he was brought on board. He came from the NBA and has pushed its strategy onto the NHL ever since. One problem; hockey isn’t basketball and is attractive to an entirely different set of fans. He’s been a total failure as a commissioner and the players know it even if the owners don’t. We all know the holes in the sport that hold it back from what it should be. Sadly the sport will never improve until Bettman is gone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bettman has been shoveling shit for decades. Actually from the moment that he was brought on board. He came from the NBA and has pushed its strategy onto the NHL ever since. One problem; hockey isn’t basketball and is attractive to an entirely different set of fans. He’s been a total failure as a commissioner and the players know it even if the owners don’t. We all know the holes in the sport that hold it back from what it should be. Sadly the sport will never improve until Bettman is gone.

The game growing steadily only to result in the current awful TV situation should be his end. Probably won't be though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Preach.

cTyCJ1z.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Stick a fork in my fantasy hockey team. With Kaprizov shelved my opponent played 5 players and hung 7g and 2a. Nice. I was 12-3-4 and in second place, then Kaprizov got hurt, I lost the last matchup (but had a bye clinched), and now am going to lose this matchup. Then probably lose the 3rd place matchup and not win any money despite being in second place all year

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Stick a fork in my fantasy hockey team. With Kaprizov shelved my opponent played 5 players and hung 7g and 2a. Nice. I was 12-3-4 and in second place, then Kaprizov got hurt, I lost the last matchup (but had a bye clinched), and now am going to lose this matchup. Then probably lose the 3rd place matchup and not win any money despite being in second place all year

I tried fantasy hockey for about a solid 15 minutes. I was surprised by the amount of effort it requires.

I have trouble even setting my football fantasy roster up.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The game growing steadily only to result in the current awful TV situation should be his end. Probably won't be though.
So he gets no credit for the game growing steadily? Without Bettman there probably would be no Auston Matthews the NHL player.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So he gets no credit for the game growing steadily? Without Bettman there probably would be no Auston Matthews the NHL player.

He gets credit. But he's clearly peaked or stagnated. This deal is a big step back so far. But this is not a very proactive league.

Reactions: TCTC
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

I feel ya. My team was red hot coming into the playoffs. But 2 of the 3 goalies I have are hurt and have just one goalie start this week and that was Husso. My opponent has a shutout and another win where they only allowed 2 goals.
Losing all the goalie stats is not optimal.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel ya. My team was red hot coming into the playoffs. But 2 of the 3 goalies I have are hurt and have just one goalie start this week and that was Husso. My opponent has a shutout and another win where they only allowed 2 goals.
Losing all the goalie stats is not optimal.

I have Couturier and Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad