Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Em7y.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
McKinnon has a Cup, Point has 2 Cups, ROR has a Cup, Kopitar has 2 Cups, Toews has 3 Cups.
McDavid, zero Cups.

Maybe Torts has a point?
Maybe scoring is necessary, but not sufficient?
Maybe elite players aren't enough?
Maybe TEAMS win championships, not players?

I know you realize how faulty this is. So you're deliberately presenting bad reasoning.

That also isn't Tortorella's point. He openly hates scoring. He prefers Barkov to McDavid. He's an idiot.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I know you realize how faulty this is. So you're deliberately presenting bad reasoning.

That also isn't Tortorella's point. He openly hates scoring. He prefers Barkov to McDavid. He's an idiot.

Couturier has 0 cups. Barkov has Zero cups. Patrick Kane has 3 cups, Nikita Kucherov has 2 cups. Maybe, like, Scoring wins championships, and two way play is overrated, bro.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
McKinnon has a Cup, Point has 2 Cups, ROR has a Cup, Kopitar has 2 Cups, Toews has 3 Cups.
McDavid, zero Cups.

Maybe Torts has a point?
Maybe scoring is necessary, but not sufficient?
Maybe elite players aren't enough?
Maybe TEAMS win championships, not players?
You know who else has a Cup?

CHAD LAROSE, BITCH

1680102843624.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You've spent at least 8 years telling me to stop obsessing over depth pieces as the Flyers loaded 12 Minutes out of every game into the wood chipper. :laugh:

Turns out that the people playing when the stars aren't in the ice DO matter. Just as coaching is suddenly the most important thing. Weird how things shift.

Someone should probably mention that having elite star players is the fastest path to having a deep team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You've spent at least 8 years telling me to stop obsessing over depth pieces as the Flyers loaded 12 Minutes out of every game into the wood chipper. :laugh:
Why worry about the 4th line when you can't field a decent 2nd line? ;)
Or do you miss Filppula?

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013

Lmao

"This is the first time we've experienced that, and I think it's something that we're going to have to evaluate in the offseason,"

"This is one issue where players for a variety of reasons may not feel comfortable wearing the uniform as a form of endorsement

"But I think that's become more of a distraction now, because the substance of what our teams and we have been doing and stand for is really being pushed to the side for what is a handful of players basically have made personal decisions, and you have to respect that as well."

What a bitch.

Too bad us Queer Folk weren't Arizona! He'd be fighting for us then guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad