Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If by hottest he means hottest pile of trash, then it makes sense (Nate Thompson!?!?), otherwise he's been hit in the head more than once.
If it's hottest by looks, my subjective female opinion - that no one cares about - would be:

1) Provo
2) Beezer
3) Morin

Yeah, I have a weird taste. Fight me

Where's Hayes?

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Apparently we are already working on signing re-signing mac.....as if he brings anything to the table.....I truly can't understand why we can't have 4 lines of players with skills, f*** the checking line bullshit, its no longer needed, and if we were going to have a scrub play, I'd much rather have an enforcer like we had in Brashear, dude could fight and wasn't a liability, he actually had hockey skill.......this franchise is doomed with these jackasses in charge, I honestly can't wait for Clarke to die at this point, that may be our only chance

Watching these yearly celebrations and then realizing i'm never going to see the Flyers win the Cup really f***ing sucks.
Me either, and I'm only 30, I've gotten a chance to watch them lose multiple cups though...yay for making it I guess

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Apparently we are already working on signing re-signing mac.....as if he brings anything to the table.....I truly can't understand why we can't have 4 lines of players with skills, f*** the checking line bullshit, its no longer needed, and if we were going to have a scrub play, I'd much rather have an enforcer like we had in Brashear, dude could fight and wasn't a liability, he actually had hockey skill.......this franchise is doomed with these jackasses in charge, I honestly can't wait for Clarke to die at this point, that may be our only chance

Me either, and I'm only 30, I've gotten a chance to watch them lose multiple cups though...yay for making it I guess

Working on? How f***ing hard would it be? He's a bottom 10 forward in the NHL lmao

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Watching these yearly celebrations and then realizing i'm never going to see the Flyers win the Cup really f***ing sucks.
I've come around. The reason it's fun is because you get to see the players interacting with the crowd. Though it would be great to see the Philly crowd celebrate a cup, it's pretty easy to enjoy watching any of these likeable players celebrate. I could give a f*** if I miss out on watching Hayes lift the cup

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Maybe because we didn't have 12 healthy forwards with skills last season?
You know, with Couts, Hayes, Brassard injured, Frost recovering from an injury.
In fact, when was the last time the Flyers had 9 skilled forwards?

Guys like PEB, VdV, Weise, Pitlick, Bunnaman, etc. don't qualify.
Cousins and Weal were borderline at best. Same with Read his last couple seasons.

2015-16: G, Simmonds, Schenn, Voracek, Couts, then Raffl, Read, Laughton, Gagner. Cousins? Umberger?
2016-17: G, Simmonds, Schenn, Voracek, Couts, TK, then Read (63g, 19 points), Cousins, Weise, VdV, Weal, PEB, Luby
2017-18: G, Simmonds, Voracek, Couts, TK, Filppula, then Patrick, Read, Laughton, Weise, Lehtera, Leier
2018-19: G, Simmonds, Voracek, Couts, TK, JVR, Patrick, Laughton, Simmonds, then Raffl, Weise, Varone
2019-20: G, Hayes, Voracek, Couts, TK, JVR, Laughton, Farabee, [Lindblom], then NAK, Frost/Vorobyev/Bunnaman
2020-21: G, Hayes, Voracek, Couts, TK, JVR, Laughton, Farabee, then Lindblom, NAK, Patrick, Raffl
2021-22: G, [Hayes], Atkinson, [Couts], TK, JVR, Laughton, Farabee, Lindblom, then Frost, Brown, MacEwen, Willman

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Lalonde
magicverse-gringotts.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
good for him, he deserves it after getting away for this shit Org.
Better enjoy it before he's put on waivers.
14th forward by the end of the playoffs (healthy scratched with Burakovsky out with injury).
Maybe the 0 points in 14 PO games contributed to his benching? Or the bad penalties?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Better enjoy it before he's put on waivers.
14th forward by the end of the playoffs (healthy scratched with Burakovsky out with injury).
Maybe the 0 points in 14 PO games contributed to his benching? Or the bad penalties?
When you're a winner, you don't give a shit how you got there. Squawk all you want, he's getting his name on the Cup, and he was in a parade. Compare that life achievement to Chuck Fletcher who spends every day of his life in a constant state of emasculation in perpetuity and then thanks everyone for it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When you're a winner, you don't give a shit how you got there. Squawk all you want, he's getting his name on the Cup, and he was in a parade. Compare that life achievement to Chuck Fletcher who spends every day of his life in a constant state of emasculation in perpetuity and then thanks everyone for it.
There's a bit of a difference between Maroon, who made major contributions to every Cup team he was on as a 4th liner, and NAK, who was basically along for the ride.

The guy I feel bad for is PEB, who's a better player than NAK but just has bad timing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's a bit of a difference between Maroon, who made major contributions to every Cup team he was on as a 4th liner, and NAK, who was basically along for the ride.

The guy I feel bad for is PEB, who's a better player than NAK but just has bad timing.

NAK if he came back here would be the veteran experience guy now. He would make Nate Thompson obsolete.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Are any of the touted but untested coaches on here fits for what they want as assistants? Like an offensive coordinator or whatever they are calling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad