Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
NAK is the perfect example that sometimes you just need to be in the right place at the right time. He didn't even plan to play for Colorado, he was just picked up by them. And now he's a Stanley Cup champion without contributing a single point in the playoffs.
Wearing a Joe Sakic t-shirt is the least he can do to show his gratitude.
Points are not he played 14 playoff games and 81 games total for the team this year. You make it sound like he was some ancient vet that got picked up on waivers and sat the entire season.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
How about making a big deal out of the process that missed on him completely and resulted in downgrading the roster? A process which gets repeated constantly, making the team ever worse over time? That worth worrying about?
If you are going to respond to him can you at least put *Deadhead* or something at the top of your post? Like legit, it would really make the boards a more enjoyable experience if I knew to just skip the rest. Having the contrarians on mute just to have to stumble through the half conversations really makes coming to the boards a chore sometimes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm talking in general, not last seasons injuries, but even so mac brings nothing to the table that is worth re-signing, even with a dog shit roster like we have, Mac is 100% useless

But again, that has to with shit management, we very well could roll 4 lines of players who actually bring something to the table, even if the 4th line is a defensive line and good on the draws, there's no reason why we shouldn't have had 4 lines where they all bring something POSITIVE to the team
Well, they have to stay healthy, for one thing.

Last summer, the expectation was that Couts, Hayes, Allison, Laczynski would all play. Brassard was added when they found out Laczynski would be gone most of the season. Frost started in the AHL b/c he wasn't 100% back in camp from his shoulder injury.

This season we should get Couts, Hayes, Alllison and Laczynski back, N Cates has shown he's ready, Lindblom should be better a year away from cancer, Frost and Tippett finished the season strong, and Brink and Ratcliffe will have a shot at a job in TC. With Foerster, Desnoyers, Wisdom and Lycksell in LHV, hopefully we won't have to rely on Willman, Hodgson or Brown.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Last summer, the expectation was that Couts, Hayes, Allison, Laczynski would all play. Brassard was added when they found out Laczynski would be gone most of the season. Frost started in the AHL b/c he wasn't 100% back in camp from his shoulder injury.

This season we should get Couts, Hayes, Alllison and Laczynski back, N Cates has shown he's ready, Lindblom should be better a year away from cancer, Frost and Tippett finished the season strong, and Brink and Ratcliffe will have a shot at a job in TC. With Foerster, Desnoyers, Wisdom and Lycksell in LHV, hopefully we won't have to rely on Willman, Hodgson or Brown.
Oh but we will because why give the opportunity to our young guys that have potential, when we have 30 year old career AHLers?

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you are going to respond to him can you at least put *Deadhead* or something at the top of your post? Like legit, it would really make the boards a more enjoyable experience if I knew to just skip the rest. Having the contrarians on mute just to have to stumble through the half conversations really makes coming to the boards a chore sometimes.

This

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Ill do one better.

Just stop responding to nonsense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We also forget that Chuck protected NAK less than four months before waiving him...
That’s largely immaterial. It’s not like Seattle took someone we were upset to lose. And Chuck knew that, that’s why he was trying to get someone with salary taken.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh but we will because why give the opportunity to our young guys that have potential, when we have 30 year old career AHLers?

Wasn't NAK and Newhook benched for 34 year old Cogliano (obtained at the TDL) and 35 year old Helm?
Deja vu!

Torts doesn't have much of a history of playing veteran scrubs.
So the kids will get opportunities to win jobs, question is are they good enough?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Bold of you to assume he can manage.
he couldnt manage a bowl of f***ing pudding

7 years. JFC.

on Bobby Bonilla day no less

At least we're not the Sharks who just fired their coach today. That makes me feel good.
I would love to fire our coach today

how many posts can merge?

If i say something really cool and funny and then it merges with something else I say thats really terrible and people already liked the really cool and funny thing it will look like they liked the really terrible thing

we will never get to 1000 posts this way

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Your expectation was that they would play. My expectation was that they would do everything they could to avoid playing as many of the prospects as they could, and that's exactly what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad