Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
There’s no chance Vegas or St. Louis could field interesting packages. Nashville could. I don’t really see how Florida could pull off the logistics.

Dallas really could have anyone beat. That team already feels like a sneaky up and comer. Tkachuk could catapult them even further. They’d need to deep six Benn or Seguin though.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dallas have $11m in space, but haven't signed JRob yet. Or Oettinger.

And they gave Marchment a NMC, hmm. Benn and Seguin and Lindell also have NMCs.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
In reality Tkachuk isn't going to sign here long term, so trading JVR + TK + 2023 1st for one year of him would be pretty stupid.
Who knows where he will sign. No deal is happening with any team without an extension already done. This is why Calgary took him to arbitration to get it done now so they can maximize what they can get with a signed extension already done with wherever he goes. Only Thatchuk knows where he is going. If he does similar to Giroux Calgary may not get much

Tkachuk and Hayes are cousins, no?
Yep. When Hayes was in Winnipeg they had a ceremony before the game. Only player Keith said hello too and shook hands with was Kevin.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I get Hockey Canada or really any youth sport organization having a lawsuit fund for like injuries or whatever. But not for criminal cases imo.
Large organizations have risk management teams and liability insurance to cover all manner of mistakes and malfeasance.

What is disturbing about the HC situation, from what I've read, is that they set up this fund so they didn't have to go through their insurers, which would mean reporting the deductible fees for settlement claims to their funder, i.e. the Federal Ministry of Sport (or whatever it's called).

That would draw attention and questions like the ones they are getting from the Parliamentary Committee now, and failing badly and looking inept.

HC used the fund, stolen from MY fees along with all the other 100,000s of families with kids in hockey, to pay hush money on several sexual assault settlements. That is a "the whole board and all executives must resign" level of corruption and duplicity.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This evil gritty thing is getting really old. Once is funny, 700 million times is boring.

Reactions: TCTC

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Calgary can't force him to sign an extension. He can choose to get a one year deal at at least $9m from the arbitrator.
True but a deal will get done. Tkatchuk knows with no Johnny his points go down. He is forcing it now to maximize every penny he can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad