Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Havent seen if anyone has posted this but it pretty relevant. f***ing disgusting.
Yeah, and I've been paying fees for my son's local house league through Hockey Canada for 8 years now. Not sure what HC's cut of that processing is, but it's pretty disgusting that some of my money is being used for a 'boys will be boys rape hush up slush fund.'

From the Main boards:

Comtois, Batherson, Formenton, McLeod, and Howden have not replied to any request for comment according to Global News.

There are an additional three players who have given the barest of replies through their agents, none of which are exactly full-throated denials:

-Dube's rep issued a very vague statement about his client being "cleared" of "wrongdoing".
-Katchouk's rep was similarly vague, and said only he "fully cooperated" with the HC investigation.
-Steenbergen's rep flat out said he could "not comment".
The 'cleared of wrongdoing' may only refer to the original London Police investigation, which went nowhere because the victim refused to testify. She got her $3M settlement, but now that it's in the open, the criminal process is open again.

Kudos also to Prime Minister Trudeau for calling Hockey Canada out and cutting Hockey Canada funding until they sort out their enabling corruption.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeah, and I've been paying fees for my son's local house league through Hockey Canada for 8 years now. Not sure what HC's cut of that processing is, but it's pretty disgusting that some of my money is being used for a 'boys will be boys rape hush up slush fund.'

The 'cleared of wrongdoing' may only refer to the original London Police investigation, which went nowhere because the victim refused to testify. She got her $3M settlement, but now that it's in the open, the criminal process is open again.

Kudos also to Prime Minister Trudeau for calling Hockey Canada out and cutting Hockey Canada funding until they sort out their enabling corruption.

That sack of shit should also focus on trying to help the rest of his population that sees gas at $2/L, and inflation thats out of control.

Kind of lost in this story is the girl involved, hope she’s doing as well as can be.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Top 10 remaining UFAs by points (not including Bergeron who will only play in Boston). Which one of these guys would sign for $1.75m?

Kadri
Kessel
Klingberg
Stastny
Niederreiter
Rodrigues
Milano
Heinen
Gagner
Donato

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Heinen might, LW who can play center, 27 this year, for some reason he can't find a permanent home.
Milano is similar LW, 26, who was decent with Torts in CBJ, bounced back last year with Anaheim.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Top 10 remaining UFAs by points (not including Bergeron who will only play in Boston). Which one of these guys would sign for $1.75m?

Kadri
Kessel
Klingberg
Stastny
Niederreiter
Rodrigues
Milano
Heinen
Gagner
Donato

Maybe they can get Kessel to bring his number down by guaranteeing he will be in the start line up every night until he breaks the record, even if injured,

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Tkatchuk is officially on the market. Should be interesting because someone is going to have to clear salary and a lot of it because Tkatchuk won’t be giving one penny of discount. And Calgary has to trade him. There won’t be another Gaudreau situation.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That is certainly a list.

I assume Nashville just because it's a great city.

I don’t think there’s as much stigma against those sunbelt teams anymore. I think today’s players prefer to live in most of these places all things equal.

Dallas, Vegas, Nashville, & Florida have no state income tax. St. Louis is where he grew up. I’m sure the latter is a factor but I guess former could be reasoning too.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
What a time to be capped out. Thanks fletch
Pretty easy to do a deal with Calgary actually. They could take JVR and would want Koneckny I would think among others. From what is out there Calgary want NHL players back and some ready now or at least later this year prospects. They don’t want a deal around draft picks only or would have told him to find an offer sheet.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t think there’s as much stigma against those sunbelt teams anymore. I think today’s players prefer to live in most of these places all things equal.

Dallas, Vegas, Nashville, & Florida have no state income tax. St. Louis is where he grew up. I’m sure the latter is a factor but I guess former could be reasoning too.

I totally forgot about income tax. There's the common denominator. Can't bang him for that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Pretty easy to do a deal with Calgary actually. They could take JVR and would want Koneckny I would think among others. From what is out there Calgary want NHL players back and some ready now or at least later this year prospects. They don’t want a deal around draft picks only or would have told him to find an offer sheet.
In reality Tkachuk isn't going to sign here long term, so trading JVR + TK + 2023 1st for one year of him would be pretty stupid.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't report my 12 bucks on taxes.

I totally forgot about income tax. There's the common denominator. Can't bang him for that.
1658346123645.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad