Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Certainly seems to be the case. I'm just stating that because a player said he didn't do something doesn't mean they are innocent. Hang the guy once he's guilty though whoever they are.

It'll be interesting in seeing what the testimony is since there's a bit of nuance to this.

I’d imagine Thomas made his statement today because he was one of three 1999 born players on the team. So I tend to think he’s telling the truth given the timing. He essentially gave up Comtois & Formenton with that statement.

Not that they couldn’t necessarily get out of it potentially but St. Louis just signed him to a big 8 year deal too fwiw.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean, Cale Makar was part of that team as well. Have we heard anything from him? To me it's still innocent until proven guilty.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. I never said he was guilty. His camp should make a statement though if he's not involved and IF he is involved, his career may now be in jeopardy.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
TK and Farabee plus Floridas 1st for Tkachuk

damn some lucky team will get him...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
walls-closing-in-claustrophobic.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

1998:
Dillon Dube
Boris Katchouk
Tyler Steenbergen
Drake Batherson
Michael McLeod
Brett Howden

1999:
Maxime Comtios
Alex Formenton

If this is all to be taken at face value…

That lawyers statement is something that smells to me though. It just seems like a typical legal grey area cop out. They’re stating that they players engaged in no wrongdoing essentially because no wrongdoing was found by the previous “investigation.”

I’d feel better if Hart’s team released something more solid.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That lawyers statement is something that smells to me though. It just seems like a typical legal grey area cop out. They’re stating that they players engaged in no wrongdoing essentially because no wrongdoing was found by the previous “investigation.”

Hart doesn’t have a Twitter & while he has instagram he’s not really active on there. His last post was in May & the one before that was last August.

We know his agency isn’t lying with Kyrou, Clague, & Point. The first two were confirmed to not even be at the event. Point’s an NCAA player. So we can 100% rule them out. Raddysh put out a separate statement on his own but you can still be some what skeptical of those I get.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yeah, I agree. I dont think that statement is enough to rule out those players.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

1998:
Dillon Dube
Boris Katchouk
Tyler Steenbergen
Drake Batherson
Michael McLeod
Brett Howden

1999:
Maxime Comtios
Alex Formenton

If this is all to be taken at face value…

From the Main boards:

Comtois, Batherson, Formenton, McLeod, and Howden have not replied to any request for comment according to Global News.

There are an additional three players who have given the barest of replies through their agents, none of which are exactly full-throated denials:

-Dube's rep issued a very vague statement about his client being "cleared" of "wrongdoing".
-Katchouk's rep was similarly vague, and said only he "fully cooperated" with the HC investigation.
-Steenbergen's rep flat out said he could "not comment".

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hart doesn’t have a Twitter & while he has instagram he’s not really active on there. His last post was in May & the one before that was last August.
I noticed he's still following Trump on IG even though he hasn't posted anything since January 5th, 2021.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad