Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don’t get the Pittsburgh criticism. They’re obviously going to have to rebuild once the Crosby/Malkin/Letang era is over. Obviously there’s a good chance it was over around the time Fleury/Murray left but what can you do with that team besides add guys like Rakell and Petry and re-sign your old dudes?

They’re doing what they should do and what anyone would do in that situation really. Would be disrespectful to Crosby and the fans to force them to either start a rebuild now or leave town. One way or another it’s likely their only foreseeable chance at a Cup is on the old cores twilight years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t get the Pittsburgh criticism. They’re obviously going to have to rebuild once the Crosby/Malkin/Letang era is over. Obviously there’s a good chance it was over around the time Fleury/Murray left but what can you do with that team besides add guys like Rakell and Petry and re-sign your old dudes?

They’re doing what they should do and what anyone would do in that situation really. Would be disrespectful to Crosby and the fans to force them to either start a rebuild now or leave town. One way or another it’s likely their only foreseeable chance at a Cup is on the old cores twilight years.

Their window is done. All they're doing is wasting time and decreasing asset value on guys who could be sold to hasten a rebuild substantially.

At the same time I don't remotely blame them for sticking with it even if I think it's wrong. They've had a lot of success with this group for a long time. That's hard as hell to walk away from, not just for management but for fans too. Especially since they're just competitive enough to win a round or two even though going further is almost certainly out of the picture. It's a tough place to be in. Kind of a lose-lose scenario.

Reactions: renberg

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Their window is done. All they're doing is wasting time and decreasing asset value on guys who could be sold to hasten a rebuild substantially.

At the same time I don't remotely blame them for sticking with it even if I think it's wrong. They've had a lot of success with this group for a long time. That's hard as hell to walk away from, not just for management but for fans too. Especially since they're just competitive enough to win a round or two even though going further is almost certainly out of the picture. It's a tough place to be in. Kind of a lose-lose scenario.
Exactly, so what do people expect exactly? It’s what they have to do and it’s making the best out of a bad situation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

When Howie did that with the Eagles, the fans castigated him in hindsight for not starting the rebuild earlier.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Not sure where this goes, excellent, but graphic and disturbing, discussion of the Canada U18 sexual assault scandal.

Roster includes our goalie. Who are the potentially criminally liable 8? No statute of limitations on sexual assault in Canada.
Rosters

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not sure where this goes, but excellent, but graphic, discussion of the Canada U18 sexual assault scandal.

Roster includes our goalie. Who are the potentially criminally liable 8? No statute of limitations on sexual assault in Canada.
Rosters

Since this is the Darkest Timeline for Flyers fans, I think we all know where this is probably going.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Since this is the Darkest Timeline for Flyers fans, I think we all know where this is probably going.
The victim didn't want to name the players, but accepted a settlement. If the police lay charges, it'll all come out.

That they allegedly coerced her into making a video claiming she was sober and it was consensual x 8 is consciousness of guilt = guilty AF.

We can only hope that Mr. Hart was not involved. There are 8 scared hockey players out there right now. I can't imagine the NHL letting them play if it they are convicted.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The victim didn't want to name the players, but accepted a settlement. If the police lay charges, it'll all come out.

That they allegedly coerced her into making a video claiming she was sober and it was consensual x 8 is consciousness of guilt = guilty AF.

We can only hope that Mr. Hart was not involved. There are 8 scared hockey players out there right now. I can't imagine the NHL letting them play if it they are convicted.

Definitely concerning that no statement has been made...but then again they really are the most incompetent organization in all of sports right now so they could just be oblivious :laugh:

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017

NHL won’t do much. Maybe short suspension. There is a long list of criminally convicted players that continued to work in the game. Lots of different scenarios like Heatley , McTavish and Mark Hardy to name a few.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Why is concerning that the Flyers have not made statement?

Because you'd think if he wasn't one of the 7 accused players from that roster (the 8th apparently wasn't on the roster if I'm remembering correctly), he would have released a statement articulating that by now, just like the other players releasing such statements.

Reactions: Rebels57

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Because you'd think if he wasn't one of the 7 accused players from that roster (the 8th apparently wasn't on the roster if I'm remembering correctly), he would have released a statement articulating that by now, just like the other players releasing such statements.
Are there 7 players left who haven't issued a statement?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
As I said why is it concerning that the Flyers haven't made a statement?

mja

Jan 7, 2005
As I said why is it concerning that the Flyers haven't made a statement?

It's concerning his camp hasn't released a statement yet. One would think the Flyers are part of his camp. It may well be that they haven't released a statement yet because he is one of the 7 players, in which case you'd hope Chuck would be working out contingency plans for the goalie position given that the other guy we planned on has been shunted away into the Arctic Circle for apparently pissing off the wrong oligarch.

• Wow

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Why is concerning that the Flyers have not made statement?
It’s not concerning in any way or form. Why would the Flyers make a statement?

It's concerning his camp hasn't released a statement yet. One would think the Flyers are part of his camp. It may well be that they haven't released a statement yet because he is one of the 7 players, in which case you'd hope Chuck would be working out contingency plans for the goalie position given that the other guy we planned on has been shunted away into the Arctic Circle for apparently pissing off the wrong oligarch.
His agency made a blanket statement for all the players represented. And what is wrong with our society. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Yet so many assume guilt when there isn’t a shred of evidence to support it.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
It’s not concerning in any way or form. Why would the Flyers make a statement?

His agency made a blanket statement for all the players represented. And what is wrong with our society. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Yet so many assume guilt when there isn’t a shred of evidence to support it.
You're confused, per usual. I haven't presumed anyone guilty or innocent. Haven't commented on the allegations whatsoever. I don't even know the details. Just noting that Hart's camp not coming out with a statement is a more than a tad concerning, which is understating it really.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
You're confused, per usual. I haven't presumed anyone guilty or innocent. Haven't commented on the allegations whatsoever. I don't even know the details. Just noting that Hart's camp not coming out with a statement is a more than a tad concerning, which is understating it really.
Guess you missed the part about the agency that represents him making a blanket statement that the players they represent not being involved. So to correct your error Harts camp has made a statement

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Guess you missed the part about the agency that represents him making a blanket statement that the players they represent not being involved. So to correct your error Harts camp has made a statement

A blanket statement from his agency is underwhelming. A specific statement directly concerning Hart from Hart (obviously written by his camp) would do a lot to relieve concern, is all anyone's talking about. But it's gross even talking about all of this with this particular lens, so I'm kind of done with this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad