Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

Cease and desist inbound. Trash list btw

If by hottest he means hottest pile of trash, then it makes sense (Nate Thompson!?!?), otherwise he's been hit in the head more than once.
If it's hottest by looks, my subjective female opinion - that no one cares about - would be:

1) Provo
2) Beezer
3) Morin

Yeah, I have a weird taste. Fight me

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Probably the ugliest sunglasses I've ever seen. Hope he didn't pay a lot for them.
Thoughts?

oakley-overthetop-sunglasses-promo.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Nearly impossible to acquire players of Gaudreau's caliber:

115 points, 2nd in the NHL in scoring, only 8 points behind McDavid.

They are very rarely available.

And even when they are, it's that much more difficult to entice such a player when you aren't one of the top teams in the league able to guarantee an immediate Cup opportunity.

Gaudreau is a rare opportunity for the Flyers. I remain convinced they're going to go for it.

I know a lot of posters don't want him because at some point the apple is going to turn to a core, And in their opinions, the Flyers won't be Cup contenders in Gaudreau's best remaining years, so what's the point?

I understand those concerns.

But damn it, I want a competitive team. Something to watch. I don't believe in the "all-or-nothing" approach: Two years of drudgery are enough. I'd rather watch Gaudreau over the next 5 years, and probably get some playoff hockey, too, than watch 5 more seasons like the last two.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nearly impossible to acquire players of Gaudreau's caliber:

115 points, 2nd in the NHL in scoring, only 8 points behind McDavid.

They are very rarely available.

And even when they are, it's that much more difficult to entice such a player when you aren't one of the top teams in the league able to guarantee an immediate Cup opportunity.

Gaudreau is a rare opportunity for the Flyers. I remain convinced they're going to go for it.

I know a lot of posters don't want him because at some point the apple is going to turn to a core, And in their opinions, the Flyers won't be Cup contenders in Gaudreau's best remaining years, so what's the point?

I understand those concerns.

But damn it, I want a competitive team. Something to watch. I don't believe in the "all-or-nothing" approach: Two years of drudgery are enough. I'd rather watch Gaudreau over the next 5 years, and probably get some playoff hockey, too, than watch 5 more seasons like the last two.

The team will become less competitive when they have to shed even more depth to make JG fit, though. And management is incapable of building around him.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
If by hottest he means hottest pile of trash, then it makes sense (Nate Thompson!?!?), otherwise he's been hit in the head more than once.
If it's hottest by looks, my subjective female opinion - that no one cares about - would be:

1) Provo
2) Beezer
3) Morin

Yeah, I have a weird taste. Fight me
the list has already been established

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad