Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
124C1A39-B996-4F35-A653-5659DB7833EE.jpeg

Brutal

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I can't believe Tampa was able to get rid of mcdonagh's contract once again. It's just like with Filppula and Tyler Johnson trades. Teams are so f***en stupid.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Deslauriers type money. His limited offense is a 37 point pace last year, then 47 and 43 the previous 2 years.

Unlike Deslorieus he tends to play for winning teams for some reason. But fits our culture and process. Just like Fisto with similarly stupid deal.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is Savoie standing on a stool? People will be comparing this group to Boston’s famous three in a few years. Only one that will turn out decent is Kulich
This statement is going to go down in history as accurate as this one by Tommy Lasorda after he got cut to make room for some bonus baby: "Koufax? He's never going to amount to much!"

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This statement is going to go down in history as accurate as this one by Tommy Lasorda after he got cut to make room for some bonus baby: "Koufax? He's never going to amount to much!"
He hasn't made a single correct statement in his entire time on this site so consider that post to be massive praise for your draft.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can't believe Tampa was able to get rid of mcdonagh's contract once again. It's just like with Filppula and Tyler Johnson trades. Teams are so f***en stupid.
He’s a good player still and Nashville
got to dump Myers and have $9m in cap space.

Also this trade happened two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He hasn't made a single correct statement in his entire time on this site so consider that post to be massive praise for your draft.
The scary thing is the mentality he displayed in dismissing them for lack of size is the same as the bumbling oafs who ran the Flyers straight into the ground and who are still in charge.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The scary thing is the mentality he displayed in dismissing them for lack of size is the same as the bumbling oafs who ran the Flyers straight into the ground and who are still in charge.

He thinks size is the most important part of hockey and said that fighting and hitting are more important to him than scoring.

He's the type of fan Fletcher is building this team for.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Is Savoie standing on a stool? People will be comparing this group to Boston’s famous three in a few years. Only one that will turn out decent is Kulich

Yea it seemed like Boston jumped over similar guys like Barzal to go with heavier options that missed.

Buffalo seem so set right now with what should be homegrown and cheaper talent. Congrats, well deserved.

Having that much talent accumulated really makes me want to sell off players like Provorov and Couts. Get 4, 2023 1sts and we we would be in much much better shape.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
NJ trades Ty Smith & 2023 third rounder to Pittsburgh for John Marino.

I like that trade a lot for Jersey. Ty Smith's value is, uh, not at a high. I liked the prospect, but he had a brutal year, and frankly, the Devils are pretty loaded on offense from the backend long-term. It's still within the realm of possibility the Penguins get him back into form, and he could be a system fit. So, I'm not saying it's as crazy a bet as the graphs portray.

But besides Marino just being a more valuable player -- with 5 years term -- I think it's a good fit trade. I'm imagining Hughes-Marino in the future. I mean Marino isn't the second coming of Vlasic, like he showed in 19-20, but he's a capable top 4 defensive d. Wouldn't you know, good ones don't cost Ristolainen prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad