Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Clearly an AV guy and not a Fletcher guy.

Wait a second, I thought he was Fletcher trash.
But now that Zito signs him, does he become Gold?

Or in a more realistic world, an AHL+ player who can help out as a short-term injury call-up?
Like say Hodgson? Or Brooks? Or . . .

Martin Jones snapped up while Kadri waits for a deal.
Kadri can get a deal anytime, once he accepts the whole league thinks his great season was a fluke.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Or in a more realistic world, an AHL+ player who can help out as a short-term injury call-up?
Like say Hodgson? Or Brooks? Or . . .

Kadri can get a deal anytime, once he accepts the whole league thinks his great season was a fluke.

You mean another guy other teams seem to value that was given away for free by Fletcher? That's what you want to point at?

Giving guys away for free is good management and not a mistake?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Your deflecting motivation here is translucent. Who the hell cares about a 2-way, 1 year contract? It’s an AHL move. You’re also ignoring the Chuck Fletcher speciality of always giving these guys 2 year contracts, sometimes with weird 1-way, 2-way splits.

I’d rather have Mayhew on the Flyers roster all next season for minimum than 1 year of Deslauriers at $1.75MM, I can tell you that much. Let alone 4 years. What a GM.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

ea961e18581ed6c65e43dab9f5b212ba.png

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Friedman says CBJ were going hard on Kadri till JG fell into their laps. Added Badbranson because they were getting pushed around and needed a protector for their kids.

I'm not sure what they will do to get Laine signed. Presumably he wants at least $8m.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Saw this article and interview with Rich Peverley, Dallas' director of player personnel. What an intelligent guy and what a great approach. And what great prospects Dallas has..... I'm as green as their jerseys with envy.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Saw this article and interview with Rich Peverley, Dallas' director of player personnel. What an intelligent guy and what a great approach. And what great prospects Dallas has..... I'm as green as their jerseys with envy.

Rich Peverley is canon

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You mean another guy other teams seem to value that was given away for free by Fletcher? That's what you want to point at?

Giving guys away for free is good management and not a mistake?
Gee, I don't remember you signing Mayhew's praises at any point. Is this a conversion by sword point?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Your deflecting motivation here is translucent. Who the hell cares about a 2-way, 1 year contract? It’s an AHL move. You’re also ignoring the Chuck Fletcher speciality of always giving these guys 2 year contracts, sometimes with weird 1-way, 2-way splits.

I’d rather have Mayhew on the Flyers roster all next season for minimum than 1 year of Deslauriers at $1.75MM, I can tell you that much. Let alone 4 years. What a GM.
No deflecting, just laughing at fools who want to use this as an example of giving away assets for free, an "asset" they derided all last season.

There are real mistakes to focus on, Deslauriers, Lindblom, Risto, the inability to decide to "fish or cut bait," without having to turn every transaction into a cause celebre.

Then there are decisions that we can reasonably disagree over, gambling on Ellis (injury history did not include hip or groin), gambling on two years on TDA (verifiable head case who is also an elite offensive defenseman), whether anyone would give sufficiently more value for G (a 34 year old rental who is no longer elite).

And there are decisions that were driven by circumstance, they never sign Hayes without Holmgren's mandate to win now combined with Patrick being damaged goods. AV's contract dicated him returning a 3rd season, which meant Voracek and Ghost were goners.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gee, I don't remember you signing Mayhew's praises at any point. Is this a conversion by sword point?

Mayhew isn't great. But they had a hot commodity that a competent GM could have sold. Fletcher failed. Fletcher always fails.

Perhaps the most ridiculous thing is that Fletcher's big forward signing is somehow a player worse than Mayhew. I think that's ridiculous, but typical of born failures who don't deserve their careers and only hold them because they were ejaculated from a certain person.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Never seen so many mid-round draft picks sign their ELCs so soon. Guess it is for CHL purposes for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad