Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kaprizov did not look good last night. Maybe he’s sick?
He hurt his hand or wrist by the boards pretty early on, and it seemed to bother him for the rest of the game. He would be shaking, and moving it around in between whistles.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
im glad we didn't go for it at the deadline however scoring goals still looks like a major problem.
I know we had over 40 shots last night, but it seems like we didn't shot enough. One of the best shifts was by the 4th line, who was shooting the puck from every angle, and almost scored.

Reactions: 63firebird

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
If anyone disagrees with that they are nuts.
Gaudreau passes when no lane on 3-1
Zucc standing in slot passes to Kap covered by two guys when Hsrtzy open.
It goes on.
Boldy going for a skate in scoring area.
On and on.

Dewar and Shaw not afraid to mess their hair. Unlike 12.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It'll be real interesting to see where this team ends up when he returns. Four weeks from today is April 6th, we have a game against the Penguins, let's say he's back for that. That means he misses 12 games against

SJS
ARI
STL
BOS
WSH
NJD
PHI
CHI
SEA
COL
VGK x2

Not gonna try to predict the record over those 12, but there are some winnable games there even without Kaprizov. We also have a 10 point cushion on Calgary. Which means if we go 0-12 while he's out (unlikely), Calgary has to win 5/14 to tie us. If we win 3/12 (SJS, ARI, CHI), Calgary has to win 8/14. So we do have a pretty decent cushion. And if Kaprizov does come back on the 6th, we still have five games left against PIT, STL, CHI, WPG, NSH to determine our own fate.

Obviously guys will need to step up, but it doesn't seem like we're as doomed as we could be. This last little 9-0-2 run has really bought us some valuable leeway.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also, maybe Dean won't play Reaves so much now? He didn't prevent this, he didn't avenge it, we don't play the Jets again until April 11. What point does he serve now? The one thing he was brought in to do, and he didn't do it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Obviously guys will need to step up, but it doesn't seem like we're as doomed as we could be. This last little 9-0-2 run has really bought us some valuable leeway.
It's also not like we've been scoring like crazy. Can Boldy, Zucc, Ek, Walker, Johansson, and Hartman get us to two or three goals? That's realistically all we need to get a decent amount of wins.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It's also not like we've been scoring like crazy. Can Boldy, Zucc, Ek, Walker, Johansson, and Hartman get us to two or three goals? That's realistically all we need to get a decent amount of wins.
That’s if Gus is playing , if Fluery is playing we might need 4

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s an opportunity for the other players, but especially Boldy, to show what they’ve got. I don’t think JEE has another gear offensively. Hartman can’t play like an arse. Surprised they didn’t bring up Rossi. Maybe they will later.

Klingberg has an opportunity to bring some offense from the back end and salvage his year. For that to happen, we need Brodin back to cover his rear. Maybe have Dumba play with Merrill, and have Dumba, Spurgeon, and Brodin play a lot of the hard defensive minutes.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It’s an opportunity for the other players, but especially Boldy, to show what they’ve got. I don’t think JEE has another gear offensively. Hartman can’t play like an arse. Surprised they didn’t bring up Rossi. Maybe they will later.

Klingberg has an opportunity to bring some offense from the back end and salvage his year. For that to happen, we need Brodin back to cover his rear. Maybe have Dumba play with Merrill, and have Dumba, Spurgeon, and Brodin play a lot of the hard defensive minutes.

Is Rossi going to play wing? I just don't see a line that would be better with him over who is already playing there.

I still don't see why Klingberg gets put with Brodin. The Brodin/Dumba pairing is top in the league 1.29 ga/60 and top-15 with 60% gf.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I've been "cartoonifying" the players avatars. I'm not sure I like a decent portion of them. Debating whether or not to continue.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Also, maybe Dean won't play Reaves so much now? He didn't prevent this, he didn't avenge it, we don't play the Jets again until April 11. What point does he serve now? The one thing he was brought in to do, and he didn't do it.

Reaves was brought in for character, morale, and to be a presence. What about those things makes you think it is his job to kill Stanley or one of the Jets stars because Stanley fell over Kap and hurt him?

Kap went too low on a 6'8" player and he fell over top of him. This isn't some blatant targeting of Kaps hip or knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad