Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

yost1.png

yost5.png

Minnesota: Another strong consideration for Tier 1 status. The Wild have one of the deepest defensive groups in the league, and some of last year’s numbers were absurd. I mentioned Alex Goligoski’s season earlier - did you know the Wild were 40 goals, 40 GOALS, better than their competition last year with him deployed? Five of Minnesota’s six regulars were goal-positive a season ago, and the only one underwater was Matt Dumba (-1 EV).

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

yost1.png

yost5.png
This whole series has been very kind to the Wild. RW was tier 1, Lw, D and even Center they had in tier 2.

Reactions: TaLoN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well the Wild are off to a great start of the season with their tone deaf Thin Blue Line shirt. Wonder how Dumba thinks about that?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well the Wild are off to a great start of the season with their tone deaf Thin Blue Line shirt. Wonder how Dumba thinks about that?

It's only tone-def depending on where a person stands on a given issue. If you are against the message of supporting police officers, you would consider this tone-def. If you support the police, you would not.

I wish professional sports leagues would stay completely out of politics because no matter which issue it is, you will piss off 50% of your fanbase.....but I guess the door was opened with the NHL supporting BLM in the after math of George Floyd.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's only tone-def depending on where a person stands on a given issue. If you are against the message of supporting police officers, you would consider this tone-def. If you support the police, you would not.

I wish professional sports leagues would stay completely out of politics because no matter which issue it is, you will piss off 50% of your fanbase.....but I guess the door was opened with the NHL supporting BLM in the after math of George Floyd.
Yeah... no...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Which "police officers"? I'm all for honest, good cops.

The ones like Chauvin and the guy who gunned down Justine Damond in her nightgown can go rot in hell.

You make it sound like it's a simple yes or no issue, when it's anything but. The public wants cops to enforce laws, but they want them to enforce laws fairly and competently. The cops I know want the same.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Which "police officers"? I'm all for honest, good cops.

The ones like Chauvin and the guy who gunned down Justine Damond in her nightgown can go rot in hell.

You make it sound like it's a simple yes or no issue, when it's anything but. The public wants cops to enforce laws, but they want them to enforce laws fairly and competently. The cops I know want the same.
It's not a simple "yes" or "no" issue, I agree. There are bad cops, yes. Chauvin was a bad cop and deserves to rot in jail.

I just fail to understand why it's "tone-def" to show the thin blue line flag? My younger brother is a police officer going on 25 years and I've been flying that flag since 2015. Being a police officer might be one of the most difficult, dangerous and under appreciated professions there is.

I can only surmise that the same people who were ok with the NHL supporting BLM in the aftermath of George Floyd are probably the same group of people who think this is tone-def (not everyone as in 100%, but a good percentage)

Which is why I don't like the idea of professional sports leagues wading into these political areas. Like I said above, no matter which side of the issue they take, they will upset a good portion of their fan base.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's not a simple "yes" or "no" issue, I agree. There are bad cops, yes. Chauvin was a bad cop and deserves to rot in jail.

I just fail to understand why it's "tone-def" to show the thin blue line flag? My younger brother is a police officer going on 25 years and I've been flying that flag since 2015. Being a police officer might be one of the most difficult, dangerous and under appreciated professions there is.

I can only surmise that the same people who were ok with the NHL supporting BLM in the aftermath of George Floyd are probably the same group of people who think this is tone-def (not everyone as in 100%, but a good percentage)

Which is why I don't like the idea of professional sports leagues wading into these political areas. Like I said above, no matter which side of the issue they take, they will upset a good portion of their fan base.
Because it has kind of been "hijacked" in recent years, to mean more than what you're (appropriately) flying it for.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Because it has kind of been "hijacked" in recent years, to mean more than what you're (appropriately) flying it for.

Yeah, there are some extremists that will use the flag for different messages, but that's not what the flag represents to the vast majority of people like myself and one would have to be pretty dense to think that the Wild would be supporting those extremists viewpoints by displaying the flag to show solidarity and respect for law enforcement.

Surrendering the flag to extremists is a cop-out (pun intended).

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

I agree that people go to sports to get away from the real world, and bond together over their teams. Also think honoring a cop for something he did in the line of duty, or a group of cops who are doing something positive in the community, is great, just like I think honoring an organizer who is helping the community is also great.

It's not hard to pick a non controversial individual or group to endorse at a hockey game. You can not ignore the world when deciding who and what to honor, however. Having a "Ukraine" night in 2015 would be completely different than having one now- let alone a "Russia" night.

Now, back to hockey.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Which is why it's tone deaf.

Also being from Texas and seeing the tragedy of Uvalde...

BTW with so many teams over or near the cap, we are going to see some very interesting trades.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild appear to have gotten the message as they’ve removed the image from their Theme Night ticketing page.
Screen-Shot-2022-08-11-at-11.43.36-AM-768x652.png

The messaging still says that the “ticket pack offer includes a ticket to the game and an exclusive, Wild-branded Hometown Heroes t-shirt,” though we’ll have to imagine the design for that shirt is going to change just a little bit.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would trade all of our D prospects for Edvinsson. He looks like a young Hedman.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Lambos and Peart seem like they have a long road ahead. I think O'Rourke > Lambos and Faber > Addison at the moment. Can't wait to see Faber suit up next spring.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sure sure, whatever you say.
You agreed to the site rules like everyone else.

From the Forum Rules

4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You agreed to the site rules like everyone else.

From the Forum Rules
Oh I totally get it.

Our Russian prospects not being allowed at the WJC = not okay to talk about.

Talking about that one cop (won’t say his name) who was convicted to 20+ years in prison and George Floyd = totally “within the narrowly defined scope of hockey related matters.”

Totally makes sense. 100%.

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad