Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It all depends if he is playing with Boldy regularly, and if he gets PP TOI. Also if he is getting 15, vs 10 minutes per night.

I could see him being beat out by a hungry, older, Chaffee or Shaw, and not being up till Christmas, or thereabouts.

I'm assuming the Wild will stick with the Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuc and Foligno-Ek-Greenway lines? I'm just wondering if they move Boldy up the line up considering his skill level. Also any thoughts on Boldy taking a step back with Fiala out of the picture (open for all Wild fans) if he's left on the 3rd line?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm assuming the Wild will stick with the Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuc and Foligno-Ek-Greenway lines? I'm just wondering if they move Boldy up the line up considering his skill level. Also any thoughts on Boldy taking a step back with Fiala out of the picture (open for all Wild fans) if he's left on the 3rd line?
Boldy wasn't a 3rd liner last year. I don't care if they called it a 3rd line or not, he was on a scoring line with Fiala... that was no "3rd line".

Rossi is likely taking the opening on that line, and Boldy already has good chemistry with him. I think Boldy will DUI well there and that in turn will help Rossi.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I would like them to swap Boldy and Zucc but i dont see that happening yet. Boldy - Rossi/Geadreau - Geadreau/Rossi should be a decent line, most likely Boldy takes a step back in terms of production as Rossi is not Fiala but they could shine because of the chemsitry they already have as Talon pointed out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think the chemistry between Boldy and Rossi is being overstated. They played 10 AHL games together and 7 of Boldy's 10p came on the PP. Any type of functional PP would be a good thing for MN. 5v5 I don't see them lighting the world on fire next season.

Boldy won't get moved to Kaprizov's line unless Zucc is injured, maybe not even then. MN needs Boldy to be good not great this season so they can get him on a $3m-ish x 2 bridge deal until the buyouts are over. Riding Kaprizov's coat tails to a ppg season, and then needing an $8m+ contract is the last thing the team needs with their cap.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Boldy wasn't a 3rd liner last year. I don't care if they called it a 3rd line or not, he was on a scoring line with Fiala... that was no "3rd line".

Rossi is likely taking the opening on that line, and Boldy already has good chemistry with him. I think Boldy will DUI well there and that in turn will help Rossi.
Boldy better not DUI anywhere.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

If he makes the team, i sure as hell hope so, as i can't think of a player that would be less suited to a 4th line role than Rossi. I do worry that Jost will take the open spot, however. My hope is that Rossi makes the team/Boldy line, one of Shaw/Chaffee/Beckman as well, and Jost is traded for a 2nd/3rd.

If Rossi is deemed to need a bit more time down in Iowa it won't be the ned of the world. He'll get his chance soon enough. Would rather that he is playing 1st line/1st PP/20 minutes down in Iowa than 4th line/ 8 minutes up here.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If he makes the team, i sure as hell hope so, as i can't think of a player that would be less suited to a 4th line role than Rossi. I do worry that Jost will take the open spot, however. My hope is that Rossi makes the team/Boldy line, one of Shaw/Chaffee/Beckman as well, and Jost is traded for a 2nd/3rd.

If Rossi is deemed to need a bit more time down in Iowa it won't be the ned of the world. He'll get his chance soon enough. Would rather that he is playing 1st line/1st PP/20 minutes down in Iowa than 4th line/ 8 minutes up here.
Ned of the World.jpg

Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There shouldn't be a reason to complicate things too much.

Kaprizov-X-Zuccarello
Boldy-Rossi-X
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
Duhaime-Dewar-X

Jost, Gaudreau, Hartman can rotate between the X's as coach sees fit, and whichever warm body they call up from Iowa can be the 13th forward.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
There shouldn't be a reason to complicate things too much.

Kaprizov-X-Zuccarello
Boldy-Rossi-X
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
Duhaime-Dewar-X

Jost, Gaudreau, Hartman can rotate between the X's as coach sees fit, and whichever warm body they call up from Iowa can be the 13th forward.
I hope Rossi gets at least a couple games next to Kap and Zucc.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Very correct in my view on Boldy's next contract. The reality is that we have enough good pieces in the farm system to feel good about the team in 2-3 years. The only thing left that could really mess it up is needing to pay Boldy big bucks when the cap doesn't increase much.

Of those,
1- Needing to pay Boldy big bucks only happens if he has an out-of-this world season this year.
2- Cap not rising is a big question because I never trust anything Bettman says about the state of the league. If he is telling the truth then the cap should rise, and even needing to pay Boldy a big contact wouldn't hurt too much.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wow, thoughts of paying Boldy big bucks seems premature at this point. This year will show us what he's really got.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Why is every stupid writer penning articles placing Rossi on the 4th line this year? It would be 1000x better to leave him in Iowa if he can’t play further up the lineup than that. He will be a disappointment and soon injured if the wild brass and evason decide to be that stupid and put him there.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is the expectation that Boldy is going to be point per game?

I’ve got 82GP 25g 35a 60pts

I think he can get 30-40-70 if he's on PP1. I think 3x7ish is fair if he does that, or maybe a 2x5.5-6ish?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t expect him to get PP1 time. If he does, I totally agree with your projections.

That's fair. I was hoping that all this work they're supposedly putting into the PP would result in something other than just rolling the normal lines on the PP, and we'd see something like:

Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy
Zuccarello-Addison

But that's probably expecting way too much out of Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad