Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You keep saying this, ignoring the big improvement on the PP since Addison has become a regular there. It’s inaccurate. When looking at his play, it’s obvious why. He makes good, quick, sound decisions. Understands that he is not the main man on the group, but also 7nderstands that he has to take his shot every once in a while to keep the D honest, and also looks for JEE down low once in a while for the same reason.

How is it inaccurate? I took out the slow start from last year is all and used the last 59? (IIRC) games from last year and the same number of games this year. The numbers of opportunities (184), goals scored (43), and pp% (23.4) were the exact same. PP1 might not have been as good last year, but PP2 was at least functional enough to help.

The eye test might say different than the numbers, but how is Boldy shanking shots any different than Fiala or Dumba shanking shots last year?

Yes, the PP was bloody dreadful to start the season last year, but once they figured out what worked it stablized to being good. Boldy being called up helped, but it had turned a corner before that going 9 for 35 (25.7%) over the previous 9 games.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I haven’t been as down on a wild team as I was this year in probably a decade or more….

So of course this will be the year they win the west ….

And probably still get beat in 5 in the 1st rd

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Driving to the Calgary game- first in a long time. Where do you guys park. The ramps by the Ex?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Driving to the Calgary game- first in a long time. Where do you guys park. The ramps by the Ex?
What does your ex have to do with it?

I park in the river center ramp. $20 with skyway access to the X, that way I can leave my jacket in the car.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I usually do the RiverCentre ramp across Kellogg by the Science Museum.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
What does your ex have to do with it?

I park in the river center ramp. $20 with skyway access to the X, that way I can leave my jacket in the car.

Oh she’ll probably find a way to nag about how fast he goes, how many red lights he runs, not braking soon enough, not fully stopping at stop signs… and not having a coupon for parking.

All reasons why she’s now an ex

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Thanks everyone, good suggestions. Back when the tickets were bought we thought that it would be a good game between two evenly matched opponents fighting for a playoff spot, but really, Calgary looks pretty sad now. Huberdeau has not been a fit, at all.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Best food at the X? Sandwiches? Apparently Snuffys has no coffee malts, which is lame.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I recommend eating before you get there. The food has only give downhill since CL took ownership and put a relative's business in charge of the food. Nothing worth the premium price there anymore.
Really? I always enjoy the food they cater in the Bud Light Lounge area, I'm not sure if that's a different company though? It's also free so that helps.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I recommend eating before you get there. The food has only give downhill since CL took ownership and put a relative's business in charge of the food. Nothing worth the premium price there anymore.
Second this, it’s really gone down hill, I miss the Mr. B’s BBQ, those pulled pork sandwiches were a decent deal.

Do not get the Philly cheesesteak, at least as a sandwich, made that mistake last time. Week old bread rock hard on the outside and inside turned to complete mush instantly and the whole thing fell apart.

Reactions: TaLoN

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Definitely agree with this, the food is terrible. Club level has some decent stuff, but beyond that it’s horrible and overpriced.

If you drink, I’d also recommend sneaking in some 50 mL shots to mix in a pop.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Really? I always enjoy the food they cater in the Bud Light Lounge area, I'm not sure if that's a different company though? It's also free so that helps.
Used to be a HUGE variety around the building, very creative menu... now it's cookie cutter around the building with just a few specialty items here and there.

Still miss those awesome garlic fries they used to have 15 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad