Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

1200x0.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lines for Columbus 8 games ago, for reference:

Normal 1st line
Foligno - JEE - Boldy
Greenway - Gaudreau - Duhaime
Normal 4th line

As part of the group that wasn't "trashing" these lines (and still isn't), I'm a tad confused because they look pretty normal, but I also don't read through Russo twitter replies.

The lines have also averaged 2.25 goals per game since the Columbus game (maybe even less if some of the "goals" are shootout wins), so without .950+ goaltending, I'd have to wonder how many regulation losses we might have.

I think this might Russo slipping into a little bit of drama-queen mode on this one.

I was just following the coach's tendencies. He didn't juggles lines last year for an injuries, just plug and play the next man up.
It's also the right thing to do if they expect Kaprizov back before the playoffs, at least to start.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think this might Russo slipping into a little bit of drama-queen mode on this one.

It's also the right thing to do if they expect Kaprizov back before the playoffs, at least to start.

I don't know about drama queen in this instance (I'm usually pretty harsh on Russo). He's been covering the Canes and his Wild coverage has been mostly fluff since then.

Right is a subjective or maybe a perspective thing. I'm mostly neutral on these lines, there are pros and cons that could be argued. I was just predicting what the coach would do.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know about drama queen in this instance (I'm usually pretty harsh on Russo). He's been covering the Canes and his Wild coverage has been mostly fluff since then.

Right is a subjective or maybe a perspective thing. I'm mostly neutral on these lines, there are pros and cons that could be argued. I was just predicting what the coach would do.
Yeah, sorry, IMO.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Remember a while back when I brought up a rumored black jersey? Someone found some prototypes on eBay.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Depends on how it's done. I don't miss these:

515951514.jpg.jpg
There was a deeper red one right? With Minnesota Wild written along it or maybe just Minnesota? I think those were the ones i really enjoyed but i cant really remember

They might be able to do something with black. The jersey might look better if they switched the dark green with a red but id have to see it. The black and darker green just doesnt go well together.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There was a deeper red one right? With Minnesota Wild written along it or maybe just Minnesota? I think those were the ones i really enjoyed but i cant really remember

Not that I can remember. The old, old red ones (pre-2007) were slightly different, but same basic template.

They might be able to do something with black. The jersey might look better if they switched the dark green with a red but id have to see it. The black and darker green just doesnt go well together.

Black and red could be interesting. We'd basically just be the Devils at a certain point though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess if they wanna go black, I could see them lean into something like this a little bit. Depends on if they're actually cleared to keep going with the North Stars colors.

VMH_Jerseys_MinnesotaNorthStars_18.jpg

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Or this from that same account in 2021. I actually don't dislike this one, but I'm not sure I love it either.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think the black would be better with the neon retro colors somehow mixed in.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Black needs a bright color to go along with it, imo. Black with a darkcolor isnt very aesthetically pleasing to me.

Like those black ones with the Northstar colorway that AKL posted are clean as hell.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Evason after Wild's big win against the Sharks...

"We got rid of that dead weight, 97" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad