stone is iffy

they don’t have enough for a great package
I don’t know if edstrom is any good.

But I would say
Karlson/hague
Or
Roy/theodore

Plus a prospect

The leafs would orobably prefer karlson. Need a c. But Theodore probably won’t stay n Vegas so I would guess they would want to drop him

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Trotz would love Marner, a guy who plays a 200 foot game and still puts up about 100 points every year, those type of players are very rare.
Trotz is a take care of the D-zone first guy and always has been. He loves his defensively responsible forwards.

No, he absolutely wouldn't.

Trotz would never tolerate a player that refuses to go to the dirty areas, pulls up short if there's a chance of contact and shies away from any and all physical play.

I would be astonished if Barry Trotz acquired Mitch Marner. I would literally rank Nashville as the least likely team in the league to acquire Mitch Marner with Philadelphia a close second.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
No, he absolutely wouldn't.

Trotz would never tolerate a player that refuses to go to the dirty areas, pulls up short if there's a chance of contact and shies away from any and all physical play.

I would be astonished if Barry Trotz acquired Mitch Marner. I would literally rank Nashville as the least likely team in the league to acquire Mitch Marner with Philadelphia a close second.

Trotz would probably watch more than 30 seconds of one video though so there is a chance he might like how he plays

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
I don’t see any new ideas.

I still think Vegas is the most likely.
They desperately need wingers.
They go after stars.
stone is iffy

they don’t have enough for a great package
I don’t know if edstrom is any good.

But I would say
Karlson/hague
Or
Roy/theodore

Plus a prospect

The leafs would orobably prefer karlson. Need a c. But Theodore probably won’t stay n Vegas so I would guess they would want to drop him

I would want to aim a bit higher. I liked some of the Utah proposals around Marner and Keller.

Keller, Bjugstad, and a 2nd for Marner and Robertson

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
👆when one wants to be witty but ignores dates on posts
Hahaha. Or you could actually realize I was joking about it. Assuming I was ignorant about the date is such a Karen thing. Lol. Get a sense of humour. Other people actually found it funny. Which it was intended to be. If you actually read the post I didn’t say he wasn’t on LA. I said they should trade for him from WSH and then trade him to TO. Which would be pretty funny after trading him.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
ok, just on Puckpedia trying to fit in Huberdeau, Marner, Laine, Gallagher with the rest of the Core 4... anybody have any of that LTIR lying around?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Kind of narrows down who ROR believes is the problem in Toronto. One or more of those guys who did get monster contracts recently.
It didn't need any narrowing down. He didn't hide why he left. he said ""For the point in my career, I think I had a lot left, and I think I wanted to be in kind of a bigger role and have more of an impact and I think Nashville was that place, and so I was able to work that out. But there's so many good things about Toronto, playing there, the team, obviously, is so good, but we just felt like this was the better fit."

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I would want to aim a bit higher. I liked some of the Utah proposals around Marner and Keller.

Keller, Bjugstad, and a 2nd for Marner and Robertson
IMO - 4 more years of Keller @ $7.2M >>>>> 1 year of Marner at $10.6M. Even if Marner is willing to extend in UTA - with his likely contract demand I'd 10x rather have Keller than Marner.

And to fully disclose - I like Marner's game. It's just that if I'm paying a winger what Marner makes - he has to be able to carry a line like Pasta/Rantanen.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Trotz would love Marner, a guy who plays a 200 foot game and still puts up about 100 points every year, those type of players are very rare.
Trotz is a take care of the D-zone first guy and always has been. He loves his defensively responsible forwards.
I’m starting to think this ‘ plays good defense ‘ thing is a myth. In the playoffs when I watch him he always looks horrible defensively and is constantly turning it over at the slightest threat of contact

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I’m starting to think this ‘ plays good defense ‘ thing is a myth. In the playoffs when I watch him he always looks horrible defensively and is constantly turning it over at the slightest threat of contact
https://media.d3.nhle.com/image/private/t_ratio16_9-size40/f_png/prd/rpmfrmy9zcn53fcecuo6.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad