Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Who was the ref who decided the game. He better not be reffing the rest of the playoffs.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Choking or not they couldn't put away even one of those chances which is a Leafs thing. Tampa had a few good chances and was able to put it away. When this went into OT I really didn't have a good feeling about it and hoped the Leafs could change things. They almost did, but almost isn't good enough and Tampa capitalized on the few chances they had.

It's funny. The last time leafs won a series was under Pat Quinn
The hallmark of those teams was they would find a way to win
The hallmark of this team is that will find a way to lose a game

Reactions: ClarkSittler

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Just watched Matthews post game, you can tell they are focused on winning. No bullshit, cliche’s very honest. This year is different with the core, you can tell they want it

Reactions: BayStBullies

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So f***ing cursed.

It won't be different on Saturday either.

How much you wanna bet we get skilliter as a ref in Game 7

If tampa is winning the game that pos won't call anything. If Leafs lead, there will be an endless parade to the penalty box by the Leafs.

Reactions: Azazel

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Never claimed they were. You, however, claimed you were tired of other fans complaining which is a position that can only be predicated on the belief that there is nothing to complain about. There is, but you're clearly too blind to see it.
And me being sick of negative nancies hurt your feelings?
If they haven't lost game seven then people bitching about them blowing another season are bitching for no reason. If every damn post you make is bitching about the team the why be here?

sylejman

Oct 7, 2020
Why do referees in every sport have the most power and the least invested. Why are they never questioned? If your bad at your job you shouldn't be working that job. Are we watching a fixed league?

Reactions: Azazel

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Thought he was great in games 5 and 6.

But that OT winner is the precise difference between him and the elite.

Hagel missed an empty net - a gift from the hockey gods. And our guy couldn't cover a puck.
Doesn't seem to have it when it matters most as you mentioned. We keep starting games 2 goals down because he can't make a save in the 1st period too. Seemed like every rush in the 1st was going in.

Reactions: Tak7

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I think we have a good chance to win game 7, but man with our history, it's hard to think we will.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Some interesting stats.
Jack Campbell has allowed 3 goals on 8 total career shot in overtime.
The Leafs have scored 0 goals in the first period of their last 6 clinching games.

Shows they're tentative to go for it in an elimination game and want to feel things out in the first period. Hopefully they've learned that and play some motivated hockey at home in front of a live crowd. They have never had Game 7 home ice with the crowd advantage since 2004. Coincidentally that was the night Joe Nieuwendyk lit up Lalime early and often.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
How can you say that? They played like that tonight and didn’t win, what would make Saturday different
I’m going to go ahead and say the officials don’t make that absurd 5 on 3 call again in game 7. Kerfoot doesn’t make that dumb drop pass again. The big boys were going today and have been very good especially at home. Tell me when in the last 5 years were the big guys playing this well at the same time in the playoffs? They just have to bring that again and we will win outside of some horrible luck

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Never claimed they were. You, however, claimed you were tired of other fans complaining which is a position that can only be predicated on the belief that there is nothing to complain about. There is, but you're clearly too blind to see it.
I'll second his thoughts thar the posters in here claiming "I told you" are generally human scum. Same with those looking for the "optimistic" posters

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Sure, but they have looked better all around this series, and particularly Matthews and Marner have played well, that’s the difference for me.
There is no more time for moral victories. It may be slightly different than years past, they're all slightly different. But, the end result is the exact same, without fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad