Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
If I am right about the way things have been constructed, why would dubas and shanahan whine and complain. They know they are going on to round 2.

Each year it gets a little more obvious, probably reason why Tavares says very little about very little.

Probably explains why all my NHL buddies want to talk about anything but hockey.

What do players say when they get traded? "Ahh its a business".

Its high level jai lai...

Someone caught those two howling with laughter, but interestingly pic did not go that viral. Why? Because it wasn'
t supposed to. Open slap, what a joke.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If I am right about the way things have been constructed, why would dubas and shanahan whine and complain. They know they are going on to round 2.

Each year it gets a little more obvious, probably reason why Tavares says very little about very little.

Probably explains why all my NHL buddies want to talk about anything but hockey.

What do players say when they get traded? "Ahh its a business".

Its high level jai lai...

Someone caught those two howling with laughter, but interestingly pic did not go that viral. Why? Because it wasn'
t supposed to. Open slap, what a joke.
Dude how much are you betting on this game?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Ahh nothing like a good night sleep to take the edge off.
Now i look at last nights unfortunate result as sweetener for our win on Saturday.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I dont actually think we should boo him tomorow, I was posting out of emotion. But people should not be defending him. Make no mistake about it, Kerfoot cost us this game, we should be gearing up for the second round right now and instead we’re heading for yet another game 7 thanks to him.

Sure he made 2 massive, costly mistakes, but they still played a good overtime & had ample chances to win the game.

If Campbell doesn't lose his composure for the 2nd straight game 6 OT in 12 months, we eventually bang on in against Vasilevsky.

Sorry - but if you're going to pitchfork Kerfoot, I expect the same energy against Campbell too. That was horrendous goaltending

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I don't think the Leafs mentally recovered from that 5on3. They were timid and not driving the play after, felt more like going through the motions waiting for the inevitable. They had chances sure, but if your plan to win a 1 goal game is vasaleski being incapable of making a couple good saves, you are probably toast. They needed to will the puck over the line, to not be denied and play with that mindset.

Hopefully they've gotten the nerves out of their system because they will face adversity in game 7. Some garbage calls or a lucky bounce and they will need to flush it and get back to it right away to win.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think the Leafs mentally recovered from that 5on3. They were timid and not driving the play after, felt more like going through the motions waiting for the inevitable.
That was my opinion as well; you could tell that the general reaction of the whole team was "Well, we tried to hold on, but the league is determined to make us lose this game, so f*** it..." I said to my father, "Yep, the Leafs got the message from that 5-on-3; NHL says Tampa wins."

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
How much money are you putting on game 7?
What the hell -- all of it.
a loss meant the need for a game 7 at home.

my employer just gave me our four tickets to the game.

I'd still rather not be having a game 7 but ..... this sure makes up as a consolation prize :)
Remember that time ten seconds ago when I became your new best friend and you said you'd take me to a Leafs game? :D

Reactions: aingefan

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I am fully expecting a loss tomorrow.

This team hasn't any balls.

But I'd be more than glad to be wrong. I'll happily admit it.

Heck, I might even buy a minnie mouse shirt for myself. But I can't do the purse.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
They’re playing different this year. They’ve scored a lot more dirty goals by going to the net. If they can keep that up, they should be fine, especially with Kuch and Vasi playing so poorly for Tampa.

Despite that, I’m the team’s inability to finish Tampa off is concerning.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Not when your opponent is responsible for the stick hitting him in the face (i.e. by stick-lifting) or when a player takes a shot. It is actually in the rulebook.

Hedman lost the puck battle, tried to win it back, and lifted Kerfoot's stick into his own face. It is, by definition, not a penalty.

Same with a stick not hitting you in the face, like the first high-sticking penalty. They brought the whistles out for two non-calls and missed a bunch of far more blatant penalties.

Harvard doesn't have scholarships. The only thing athletics do is make it easier to stand out among a very competitive pool of applicants, but you still need to be a high level student to even get considered.
You sure about the no scholarships thing?... I know a kid from TO who was being sought after by many Ivy league teams to play hockey and although I am not 100% positive Harvard was one of them....the Ivy league does offer them..so why would Harvard be different?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
You sure about the no scholarships thing?... I know a kid from TO who was being sought after by many Ivy league teams to play hockey and although I am not 100% positive Harvard was one of them....the Ivy league does offer them..so why would Harvard be different?
As far as I know, Ivy League schools don't offer full athletic scholarships but they do offer financial aid to those who need it.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
One of my son's teammates got an educational scholarship to play soccer for a school in the NY area.

They didn't give out athletic scholarships.

He was a bright kid, but it was to play soccer.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Fully agree, there was no reason for Kerfoot to be in that position. And that gets called every time regardless of how the stick gets high. Needless risk.
Honestly, before he even got to the spot with Hedman, I was yelling just hold it on the wall (boards) down low, kill some time. Not sure why he had to do the shimmy, shake to engage Hedman. That being said, the Kampf penalty was a really tough call. At the time many knew it was an embellishment. If the refs saw it after replay (which I doubt happened, could be wrong.) They should have given us something. My lord.

I have watched most Leafs games since I was 4-5 years old. 38 now. Leafs curse/luck has been going on for my entire life. It's actually wild if you think about it.

Tossing 200 on Tampa tomorrow at almost 2-1 odds and I really hope I lose that money :) and I am just a normal guy financially. I suggest those who have the means do that same for a slight silver lining to what all outsiders and haters say is inevitable. Note my sarcasm but not the bet haha

We've played really well and can get it done. At work (Teacher) I have to listen to trolls all day who don't even have a dog in the fight. Most could not even name 10 players on their favorite team. Not sure why people do this but I'd like to walk through the doors Monday with a big W and shut some trolls up.

Lets go men, we are that now as a team, just have to execute. I am tainted for sure, but I think we get it done and my 200 bet, meh lol Worth it if we win.

GO LEAFS GO!

Reactions: wingman75

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
This.

I'm a Leaf fan. I watch the Leafs. When they're out, I'm out.

The officiating and DoPS is a joke. Bettman is a clown. There's a reason he gets booed relentlessly every time he hands out the trophies. The fans know.
Years ago, I may have argued with you, and your logic, but to be honest I would LOVE transparency (Will never happen) on the decisions and behind the scenes.

You are correct in my mind. Poor leafs fan view (whah whah) but it's constant lately. Also, I wasn't saying this on here in 2004 when we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad