Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
He pretty much single handedly cost them the game.
If Kerfoot takes a legitimate penalty at that time, he cost us the game.

But if the other player literally lifts Kerfoots stick into his own face, then it's the refs who cost us the game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our Leafs are now 1 and 9 when leading or closing out a series. So lets hope its 2 & 9 after Saturday. :crossfing

Most realistic Leaf fans likely believed this series was going 7 games.

The thing that has been most promising is the Leaf didn't quit in the past 2 games when they fell behind, so can build on that even in game #7 starts similar to #5 and #6.

They are no longer leading the series. Let's just end them SOBs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They are no longer leading the series. Let's just end them SOBs.
Should have said leading or closing out a series as I'm sure those totals include game #7 against Montreal and game #5 against CBJ as well .

Saturday we need to see that killer instinct that the team has been talking about, & how this team is different then the past 5 playoffs.

What scares me most about game #7 is the Vas has not stolen a game yet in the series and has posted a shutout in the deciding game in a series in 5 straight now, crossing over 2 playoff years.

Leafs will need to play their best game of the series on Saturday.

Reactions: ToneDog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have always been a believer in let da players decide games for themselves on da ice .. if Tampa scores on us in 3rd 5on5 then great they deserve it .. but gifting them a 5on3 in 3rd where both penalties are somewhat questionable ie neither stopped a Tampa scoring chance and both may not have even been penalties when you look more closely .. gifting da 2 time Cup winner a goal in 3rd?????????????????? .. what da f*ck is that .. borderline calls which do not affect scoring chances do not get called in a deciding game .. Tampa did not EARN da win they were gifted that win .. in my eyes they didn't deserve it

Reactions: PROUD PAPA and IPS

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I have always been a believer in let da players decide games for themselves on da ice .. if Tampa scores on us in 3rd 5on5 then great they deserve it .. but gifting them a 5on3 in 3rd where both penalties are somewhat questionable ie neither stopped a Tampa scoring chance and both may not have even been penalties when you look more closely .. gifting da 2 time Cup winner a goal in 3rd?????????????????? .. what da f*ck is that .. borderline calls which do not affect scoring chances do not get called in a deciding game .. Tampa did not EARN da win they were gifted that win .. in my eyes they didn't deserve it
Da 5 on 3 let them tie da game. Da Leafs still had a chance to win. 4 shots in da 3rd isn't going to cut it.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If Kerfoot takes a legitimate penalty at that time, he cost us the game.

But if the other player literally lifts Kerfoots stick into his own face, then it's the refs who cost us the game.
When you are in that situation you have to make sure you don’t even give the bad refs an opportunity to make a bad call, you can’t let your stick go anywhere near his face. You can’t take a chance at giving them a 1:45 minute 5 on 3.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
What scares me most about game #7 is the Vas has not stolen a game yet in the series and has posted a shutout in the deciding game in a series in 5 straight now, crossing over 2 playoff years.

I'm less concerned because I'm looking only at recent history - this series - and not seeing the same Vasilevskiy as in previous post-seasons. I think if "that" Vas had it in him we would've seen it already, most likely in game 6 which was a must win. (Though in overtime he definitely looked sharp)

I do have concern though that Jack can elevate to the level of stealing a win under these circumstances. Seems to me this series has been less about the goalies, but in game 7 with so much on the line if any of these two can channel an inner Hasek, their team is likely moving on.

Reactions: seventieslord

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't boo him as it does nothing to help them win, but Kerfoot's performance last night is the kind where you see a player shipped out in short order.

It was likely he is gone next year anyways, last night confirmed it IMO.
Yeah booing won't serve any purpose.
He made a great play keeping the puck deep, then his stick rode up Hedman's stick when Hedman raised his stick. Bad break but you gotta control your stick. Seems the hockey Gods worked through Kerfoot to haunt Leaf fans again.
He just did too much there. Was great to pin him deep but you're asking for trouble with the stick lifts and he eventually found it. Not a smart play at all.

Reactions: Jmo89

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
When you are in that situation you have to make sure you don’t even give the bad refs an opportunity to make a bad call, you can’t let your stick go anywhere near his face. You can’t take a chance at giving them a 1:45 minute 5 on 3.
I mean... I kind of have the reputation of being pretty critical of leaf players...

But blaming leaf players for phantom calls made against them is too far even for me.

Reactions: bax and saffronleaf

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

The Kampf high stick was missed. Therein lies the problem because the Kerfoot high stick was too obvious (unlike 99's high stick on 93) and had to be called. Problem is they let everything go after that. Complete joke.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Have to have as few peop;le as possible betting on the Leafs for game seven. All going according to p;lan.

We win game seven quite handily btw.

All to guide us to a fixed result in game 7, a win.
How much money are you putting on game 7?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm less concerned because I'm looking only at recent history - this series - and not seeing the same Vasilevskiy as in previous post-seasons. I think if "that" Vas had it in him we would've seen it already, most likely in game 6 which was a must win. (Though in overtime he definitely looked sharp)

I do have concern though that Jack can elevate to the level of stealing a win under these circumstances. Seems to me this series has been less about the goalies, but in game 7 with so much on the line if any of these two can channel an inner Hasek, their team is likely moving on.
The good news is ... Andrei Vasilevskiy improved to 18-0 in games following a playoff loss over the past three postseasons.

Since TB won the last game this current Leafs streak and pattern of Win 1, Lose 1, Win 1, Lose 1, Win 1, Lose 1... Game #7 = Win 1 :)

Reactions: kevsh

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Our Leafs are now 1 and 9 when leading in a series. So lets hope its 2 & 9 after Saturday. :crossfing

Most realistic Leaf fans likely believed this series was going 7 games.

The thing that has been most promising is the Leaf didn't quit in the past 2 games when they fell behind, so can build on that even in game #7 starts similar to #5 and #6.
A Saturday win wouldn't make that 2-9. It is a tied series now.

Edit: I think you're mixing up two different stats that have been tossed around. The record when leading a series (which isn't good, at all, but there is that one win against Montreal) and the record in series clinching games (no wins there, of course). Last night's game counts in both ledgers. A game 7 would only count in one of them.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
A Saturday win wouldn't make that 2-9. It is a tired series now.
That stat included leading or closeout games but ...

The Maple Leafs, who’ve been eliminated in the first round each of the past five seasons, are 0-for-their-last-8 in close-out games as they chase their first postseason series win since 2004.

This is a streak that the hopefully ends on Saturday. :crossfing

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
That stat included leading or closeout games but ...

The Maple Leafs, who’ve been eliminated in the first round each of the past five seasons, are 0-for-their-last-8 in close-out games as they chase their first postseason series win since 2004.
See my edit

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If what you are saying is true then the Oilers would have lost tonight and Calgary would have lost the other night to give Dallas the series lead.

Kings and Dallas aren't exactly the Leafs, are they? There's only so much a team could do to overcome Tampa and the refs. Leafs would have pounded the Kings or Dallas, even with the refs in their pockets. And Calgary is a much better team than Dallas, while the gap between Toronto and Tampa is not as big, so the impact of bias officiating is felt much more.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
If you thought this game WASN'T going to Game 7, you weren't paying attention. ;)

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Tampa was down and out with ZERO response in the 3rd period. They were just playing out the string. Refs gave them life with a phantom high stick. Always the same old story with the refs. 11mins to go in the 3rd period and the whistle was instant. ZERO hesitation to call BS.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
677220566az81.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad