Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It's 2 pretty damn even teams. It's a shame for either to go out this early. This playoff format needs to be tossed.
The Leafs would have gone to a 7th game against any team in the league and they would lose that game. We're in a groundhog day style nightmare that is going to cost the team a HHOF pivot.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I'm blaming kerfoot for this loss. Even tho one of the high stick calls was kinda b.s.
That goddamn house Leauge drop pass was bullshit and a half

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I just hope the crowd let's a certain group know if they continue to call it the way they have.

Remember when the ref let an interference call go and then shot his arm up in the air when the crowd started booing? Yeah. Be vocal. Though I would guess the NHL probably wanted to milk the $7 million in playoff gate receipts for the Game 7 in Toronto.

Reactions: danron1376

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
- Engvall, Kampf, Mikeyhev line played really well. Wish they had a bit more finishing talent to them.
- Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nylander played well. Dunno what happened to Matthews that caused him to fall in OT there, didn't see a replay. Didn't like Nylander giving up on the icing call there but the Leafs got out of it.
- Kerfoot has to wear the goat horns for this, that's hockey. The Leafs came back and took the lead. He hasn't had a great series production wise but he's an important player still. We should expect him to clean up his game next time around.
- Regardless of how many calls went our way or went against us, the refs aren't gonna call anything in OT unless its super obvious - literally had to lead to an injury or a puck over the glass call. No sense in complaining about it.
- Calling out the refs publicly is one of the dumbest things you can do. Everyone calling on the team to do this is out of their minds. NHL refs are notoriously petty and defend their own.

Leafs dominated the OT but this game was super close otherwise.

Reactions: seventieslord

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I’m feeling good about game 7. Only reason Tampa won was because of a few fluky mistakes. Still think we were the better team. Feeling good about our chances Saturday. Never felt that before with this squad.

• Haha
Reactions: the and binop7

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
The Leafs would have gone to a 7th game against any team in the league and they would lose that game. We're in a groundhog day style nightmare that is going to cost the team a HHOF pivot.
So if they win Saturday you'll take a hike for good? I mean, you'll have nothing left to talk about.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Thought he was great in games 5 and 6.

But that OT winner is the precise difference between him and the elite.

Hagel missed an empty net - a gift from the hockey gods. And our guy couldn't cover a puck.

He was better than himself, but he wasn't great

He never looks comfortable, he never looks like he's in control

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Imagine if the leafs could somehow,
someway figure it the f*** out and close out a series?!??!?!?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Can’t fault the team on this, they played well enough to win, should have won, but got absolutely anally raped by terrible, atrocious reffing. These were the calls that gave Tampa the 2 man advantage to tie the game up in the 3rd:

Both complete, utter non-penalties. Or how about this tripping call earlier in the game on Rielly, for just being hard on his stick, playing good clean D, and not tripping whatsoever:

Meanwhile Tampa does whatever the f*** they want, and we only got ONE PP THROUGH 4 PERIODS OF PLAY.

Tampa are a good team, they aren’t scrubs who we can just mow down even when the refs are raping us. We played well enough to win, but the refs handed this game to the Bolts on a silver platter.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
It's a result based business. If you lose when you have 65 shots on Vasi, it is still counted a loss.
I get that, my point is we should feel good given how well we played, particularly the big boys who in past years just didn’t look good (other than Nylander last year). It doesn’t feel like a team from years past and Tampa looks tired..oh and the refs giving Tampa a 5 on 3 was absurd

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Genuine question from an outsider. I see the leafs winning series but I haven't looked at your team in depth this season. I feel like they are ready to surprise but do you think the past performances will make them a little off for game 7 or do you think this team has put that in the past mentally?

I really think they're passed it, win or lose. Just wondering what you guys think. Not trolling in any way, genuine question about your team. Cheers.

They will win

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Leafs lose game 7. It's the same song and dance every year
Fool me once, fool me twice

• Love
Reactions: the

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Remember when the ref let an interference call go and then shot his arm up in the air when the crowd started booing? Yeah. Be vocal. Though I would guess the NHL probably wanted to milk the $7 million in playoff gate receipts for the Game 7 in Toronto.

Alright fine.

Rig Game 7 for us to make up for it. Win-win.

You want to continue getting those types of game receipts? Let us make the Stanley Cup Finals. The NHL would have never seen that kind of money, and they certainly are not getting that kind of money from Tampa.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
They had more chances in OT. How can you call that choking?
Choking or not they couldn't put away even one of those chances which is a Leafs thing. Tampa had a few good chances and was able to put it away. When this went into OT I really didn't have a good feeling about it and hoped the Leafs could change things. They almost did, but almost isn't good enough and Tampa capitalized on the few chances they had.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm blaming kerfoot for this loss. Even tho one of the high stick calls was kinda b.s.
That goddamn house Leauge drop pass was bullshit and a half

Kerfoot played okay and motivated for the most part but I have no idea why he was ice dancing like that with the puck. Those were some Disney on Ice moves before the casual drop pass to oblivion. Generally he's got to tone down the skilled hero stuff.

Reactions: Metroid

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Were they eliminated tonight?

Never claimed they were. You, however, claimed you were tired of other fans complaining which is a position that can only be predicated on the belief that there is nothing to complain about. There is, but you're clearly too blind to see it.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Great game, but a heart breaker, again.

I've said it more times than I can count but it remains true... You won't stop losing until you learn how to win. Call it whatever you want, and blame it on whatever, or whomever you want, but this team still has not learned how to win when it matters. They'll have another chance on Saturday night to prove they can get it done.

There is really nothing else that needs to be said, IMO.

Reactions: Brown Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad