Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Kerfoot is a monumentally dumb hockey player. Why are you, with a man in the penalty box already, aggressively trying to lift the stick of an opponent 200 feet from your net? About a second before he jammed his stick into Hedman's neck he almost hit him in the head trying to lift his stick.
Keefe needs to put Mik on that line if hes going to play JT/Nylander that many minutes.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
FWIW, the big core 4 are all PPG plus in this series with a combined 12 goals in 6 games.

And it could be basically meaningless if they lose game 7.
Right? Muzzin came back better than expected. Reilly his normal playoff self. They have been good. Time to be great Saturday to make it mean something.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
In sports? Not really...

Montreal most likely to win the cup next year because they have won the most ever?

Recent results, no need to take what I said out of context. The Leafs have been bad in elimination games for the better part of the last half decade. No one should expect differently until proven otherwise so the past is a measuring stick for what to expect.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's not even just that. Right before the OT goal they're throwing nasty elbows and tripping people at center. That literally led to an odd man advantage. Killorn dogsledding Matthews during a scoring chance.

But they call the most chincy shit against us. The most ridiculous shit.

I mean, Tampa has how many puck over the glass penalties? How many too many men? Without those are the penalties even close at all?

Even with those penalties it is not close. 26-19 for Tampa.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I’m way more optimistic going into this game 7 as opposed to last year. Leafs have played high level hockey in games 5 and 6 and battled through some adversity. It’s 50/50, but the difference is the stars are playing well this time around and that bodes well
They battled back twice to OT in Game 5 and 6 last year and that Game 6 was even more tilted than tonight's OT.

Reactions: sxvnert

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I still maintain we have too many of the same players
Mikaheyev and Engvall line was awful to me

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
If we lose on Saturday, I think I need to take a break from the team and sports all together. We played well too but I guess Leafs just can't win.
If the Leafs lose on Saturday and I was on the MLSE board, I'd be calling Bettman the same day and telling him that he can go f*** himself if he thinks he's getting one cent from the Leafs for his f***ing expansion franchises.

• Haha
Reactions: the and Azazel

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Recent results, no need to take what I said out of context. The Leafs have been bad in elimination games for the better part of the last half decade. No one should expect differently until proven otherwise so the past is a measuring stick for what to expect.

What is recent?

Colorado getting bounced in round two is likely?

Is this Tampa team going to win the cup? While not being 20 million over the cap?

Teams change so much year to year, I don't accept your logic.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If the Leafs lose on Saturday and I was on the MLSE board, I'd be calling Bettman the same day and telling him that he can go f*** himself if he thinks he's getting one cent from the Leafs for his f***ing expansion franchises.
Even with all the garbage officiating, we've had a chance to win

It sucks its an uphill battle but at some point you just simply need to win

Reactions: fahad203

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Jack hasn't inspired any confidence so far this playoffs. He likely needs to be replaced this summer. He isn't a number 1 guy who can carry the load and play a ton of games, not physically or mentally

Thought he was great in games 5 and 6.

But that OT winner is the precise difference between him and the elite.

Hagel missed an empty net - a gift from the hockey gods. And our guy couldn't cover a puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad