Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
They had more chances in OT. How can you call that choking?

Chances to win isn't winning. The goal isn't to out chance your opponent - it's to win a f***ing playoff series.

Anyways, we pushed Tampa to their limits in their barn. Time to win in ours as long as we don't get f***ed again.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Knew it was gonna go 7.

Great game that could have gone either way. 2 of the best teams playing their hearts out in the best series of the first round.

Big showdown in Toronto is gonna be amazing. Are the hockey gods finally going to be kind?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Genuine question from an outsider. I see the leafs winning series but I haven't looked at your team in depth this season. I feel like they are ready to surprise but do you think the past performances will make them a little off for game 7 or do you think this team has put that in the past mentally?

I really think they're passed it, win or lose. Just wondering what you guys think. Not trolling in any way, genuine question about your team. Cheers.
I think they'll play timid because they know the refs will channel them to the box if they don't. It's a shitty situation but the only hope they have.

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
Kerfoot is a monumentally dumb hockey player. Why are you, with a man in the penalty box already, aggressively trying to lift the stick of an opponent 200 feet from your net? About a second before he jammed his stick into Hedman's neck he almost hit him in the head trying to lift his stick.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
so leave. Go cheer for another 'motr rational' fanbase. The Leafs played great tonight and probably should have won.

What I don't understand is how you give one team a 5-3 on extremely questionable calls on one end and don't call blatant trips, elbows, high sticks on the other.

Either you're putting them away because you don't wanna decide the game or youre calling it down the middle. This series, this entire season has been a f***ing joke when it comes to the refs.
I'm tired of getting f***ed by them.

And I'm tired of 'i told ya so' and 'realist' fans kicking this team and its fans when they're down. Go somewhere else and be a POS since we can't use the other word.
I agree with reffing thing. If the leafs are down by a goal in the third in game 7 and in the PP, I’d argue even a literal murder wouldn’t give us a 5 on 3. The 5 on 3 call today pissed me off so f***ing much.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Absolute bullshit that this kind of shit decides playoff games and series. The league has to do something to disincentivize this behavior because it's becoming more and more prevalent.

What a BS league. I mean this is supposed to be a professional league

FCCCUK Foote. He's a trash player to begin with. What a garbage team, embellishes every opportunities they get

Rod Brind Amour did the right thing, he called out the refs many times

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People say you can't hang a loss soley on 1 player, I call bull shit

Alex Kerfoot and Alex Kerfoot alone lost this game

Alex Kerfoot was directly responsible for the 1-0 and 3-3 goals.

It was Alex Kerfoot who chose to drop the puck on the 4 on 4 because he's an idiot

and it was Alex Kerfoot who chose to put his team down 5 on 3 because he's an idiot.

no, Campbell wasn't great 4 goals on 34 shots is never great.

But Alex Kerfoot and Alex Kerfoot ALONE lost this game.

HE lost it nobody else.

any other mistake you can point out means NOTHING if Alex Kerfoot doesn't choose to be an idiot

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The boys played a good game. They could have won.
They just need to believe that they can do it on Sat.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Wow crazy negativity, leafs play like that again on Saturday and I almost guarantee they win. That was some bad luck and bad officiating, this is NOT choke job like in past years
It's a result based business. If you lose when you have 65 shots on Vasi, it is still counted a loss.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
FWIW, the big core 4 are all PPG plus in this series with a combined 12 goals in 6 games.

And it could be basically meaningless if they lose game 7.

Reactions: Jojalu

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Kerfoot is a monumentally dumb hockey player. Why are you, with a man in the penalty box already, aggressively trying to lift the stick of an opponent 200 feet from your net? About a second before he jammed his stick into Hedman's neck he almost hit him in the head trying to lift his stick.
And throw in a drop pass to nobody

Mopar

May 3, 2021
We'll ice this at home. Tampa looks beat. They've had a ton of lucky bounces and plenty of help from the refs.

Jack, please shut the f***ing door Saturday night.

Reactions: binop7

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
It's like 1980s/1990's basketball. The Pistons learned how to win from the Celtics. The bulls learned from the Pistons. It's time to snatch the pebble Grasshopper.

Reactions: binop7

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
As a Canucks fan, I was so pissed at the refs that I was yelling like a mad man, so I don't know about you folks. These refs are crooks man. On to game 7.
I was pissed watching the SCF against the pos Bruins. You guys got f***ed over hard by the Z's. It's obvious the NHL is another manifestation of imperialism and the me me me solipsism nonsense we see from them all around the globe. They'll never be neutral in a series between a Canadian and American team.

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
I love Mitchy but I felt like he was constantly trying for the perfect pass in overtime. Just get the puck on net, it’s overtime with a chance to advance. I was losing my mind when he had a step on a defender entering the zone with Bunting charging for the net and he decided to curl back, allowing Tampa to get back into defensive position. On to game 7 I suppose 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad