Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I thought, honestly, the Leafs played a very good game. this was the tightest game that they played - and they basically went shot for short. yes the Leafs made some mistakes, but it wasnt like Tampa didn't either. they didn't choke it away. they played well enough to win - but a bad call, and there she blows. so play like this on Saturday, and win. that's all.
DAISSSSYYYYYY

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Genuine question from an outsider. I see the leafs winning series but I haven't looked at your team in depth this season. I feel like they are ready to surprise but do you think the past performances will make them a little off for game 7 or do you think this team has put that in the past mentally?

I really think they're passed it, win or lose. Just wondering what you guys think. Not trolling in any way, genuine question about your team. Cheers.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This might be the dumbest post ever. Kerfoot has been good in the playoffs for 2 years and while he had a bad night the last thing you do is bring negative energy to game 7.
He cost us this game. We had it, we finally had our first f***ing series win since 2004 and he f***ing blew it

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
After watching this game, I'm speechless. To lose on a bogus high sticking call in the third, dominate overtime, pushing and pressuring, have a bunch of chances, and Tampa wins. At this point, the curse is real. I can't even blame the players. Can we please have a different ending on Saturday.

Reactions: danron1376

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
Also. While Koucherov had his moments. His bombing came on the lame game 3on5. Heart trophy my a$$. Not impressed by any of the Tampa "all-mightyness".

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Hard to get mad. Its groundhog day with this team

Always the same outcome

Maybe game 7 will be different lol

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Felt like game 6 vs MTL last year, lots of chances but at some point felt like it wasn’t going to go in.

Tampa‘s tank is on empty and they are running on fumes but there is enough left to win another game.

This is beyond frustrating, the leafs have been the better team but these guys just can’t get out of their own way.

Reactions: The Big Swede13

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I actually think it proved the opposite. I think you tinker, but the core is not the problem. They are producing in every way.

2 years in a row it’s the secondary guys that lose their composure and cost us games.

Galchenyuk, Sandin, Kerfoot. Look at Tampa and how they are built. Their depth players are strong and work horses. Until our depth guys can be reliable we won’t win. I don’t know what else you can ask from the core tonight.
I kind of agree but unfortunately with 50% of the cap tied up in 4 forwards that’s the type of secondary guys you get.
Tampa can get those quality guys at depth because they have a properly managed cap. We are screwed under our current model

Reactions: francis246

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Win or lose Game 7 it's different this year. Last year was a gag. Choke. Call it whatever you want. The year before losing to CBJ in the first round was embarrassing. I do believe the Leafs have been the better team this series. The Bolts will fight to their bitter core. They throw bodies in front of shots, carry out checks and are relentless. That being said. The LEAFS are the better team and will finally prove it in Game 7. GO LEAFS GO!!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's hard to be optimistic with this group based on the history but they didn't come into Tampa and get destroyed. They held their own to given them a chance to win.

Really it comes down to their confidence and what's between the ears right now. Can they suck up the defeat in a game that basically game to a coin flip? Or will they let the pressure just get to them?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
We had Tampa on the ropes

They were playing survival in that OT and somehow prevailed

That’s what scares the crap out of me for next game. They’ll be all in for game 7 and they’ve got the experience on their side

Just can’t see it ending any other way than a Tampa victory. Not trying to be negative for the sake of it, but we’ve all see what this team does when it has had a chance to seal the deal.

I hope I’m wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad